The One Weekly Chat - August (I keep forgetting to start a new one!) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 683 Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm kind of in a calm place today. Got a lot of regular housework done, and having the house clean really helps my mood. Still a lot to do before baby, but I have the illusion that I have forever to get all that done.

Toddler is in bed, husband is asleep on the sofa, so I'm kicking back reading threads and staring at my belly (Ozzy is visibly kicking and squirming).

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#242 of 683 Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 PM

So, we are moving forward on our house again. We'd gotten overwhelmed with the demands of regular life, and hadn't gotten any work done. Today I dug out all my clothes, and sorted them into plastic bins so I can find what I need after the baby comes. I having a basement. We've been using it for our storage room and our laundry room. When we finish sorting and putting things away, we'll also have a family room down there. The kids have rings to swing on, and they can ride their bikes around while I sort and fold clothes, and go through boxes. And I can leave the mess when I'm done working on it. It's been a good system to let the kids play outside for an hour or so, and then let them have a snack. Then we go the basement, and I load the washer. I work until the washer is done, and then we go upstairs and have lunch.

I played with the kids in their little pool this afternoon, and now I'm having a lot of contractions. Short ones, every few minutes...for more than an hour now. I've never had a baby this early, but it's making me a little jumpy because this is how my labors are. Short and weird...then BAM. Do I call the midwives? I dunno. I think, although the water didn't even cover my whole belly, maybe it urged my body to get the baby in a better position? I'm not dehydrated, and I'm not overly tired. I had a long rest and napped some today, took my vitmain/probiotic/floradix, and watched all the other factors that give me BH. We'll see. I really don't think it's anything, but...this is why I never know.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#243 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 AM

Mae- Thanks! You were right. She wrote to me, "It's great you say what you feel. See you tomorrow." I can't wait to see her.

Litchick- Nice you had a productive day. Get some rest!

Everyone else- Sounds like everyone is nesting and wondering what our bodies are up too. Exciting times!

AFM- I think this is my last day at work. I suspect the doc will put me on disability tonight as per my MWs recommendation. I've cancelled all my clients and am just finishing up. Phew! I really needed someone to tell me to stop working.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#244 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 AM

BLEH!
Irritated with my DH. The problem right now is that things need to be done, and he keeps telling me to take it easy, but if I did then nothing would get done - he's crabby that I'm wiped out by the time he gets home, because he wants a break.
I'm more than a bit PO'ed at him, because he's all "you're not working and I have not had vacation this year", and I have to remind him that the house has never been cleaner, the flipping dishes and laundry is always done, and while that may not seem like much he totally does not get how freaking hard it is to bend and squat these days. I HURT at the end of the day. Then he feels bad and says that I should rest more.
So, WTF? I do too much, I do too little....

Actually... it's not that I do too little. He wants me to do nothing and also let him get away with doing nothing.

The biggest thing that irks me though is that he wants some downtime when he gets home, but he won't take it alone. When I want some peace, I go up and use the PC or watch TV here. He wants to be in the same room with me and DS, but have us not bother him. Another WTF. We have a huge other room, USE IT. I was furious because last night DS kept trying to get his attention and DH was not even looking at him, just watching TV. I said a few times "leave daddy alone, he's trying to relax" but then I dropped it and went back to making dinner... and then DH was annoyed that he never gets a break. GO UPSTAIRS.
And he still does not get how offensive being ignored is. He thinks he's just taking some downtime, but no.... he's being an !@#$^U&*.

GRRRR.

I slept terribly last night too. Can you tell? lol. I'm officially in the restless and PO'ed stage.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#245 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 11:46 AM

I've missed so much in this thread!

LitChick - Glad you got your ikea trip/boba fix done, even if it wore you out. There are no ikeas near here so we always make a trip when we go visit all of our family. Unfortunately, there is a frame I really want from ikea before the baby comes, but I need to figure out who to send to get it (my sis or MIL) so they can ship it down to me. I need this frame now for some reason.

- Sorry your DH is irritating you now. We have no littles yet, but my DH is similar in that he wants me to do nothing and let him get away with doing nothing. But he is trying to be better. He finally installed the shelves in my bag closet that I have wanted done forever. I was bummy yesterday afternoon, but once the shelves were in, I had all the bags setup in like 20 mins.

foodmachine - sorry about the MW mixup. It's good that its being rectified - and yay for being put on disability - time to rest up before baby comes!

mommytochloerae- glad to hear your sprinkle went well - there's nothing better than good food and good company.

kelly1101 - I wish my house were clean. And I wish that my wishing would get it all done. The MW is coming for her home visit tomorrow and we need to tidy up tonight (mostly vacuuming, but with four hairy animals and carpeting/area rugs, it's quite a project)

AFM - I'm freaking out that I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. And there are Sept babies being born all the time. We have three confirmed - wasn't there someone else with leaking water? (yes - triscuitsmom - have we heard from her?) I am not ready for this baby to come - but I had contraction dreams all night long.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#246 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 12:08 PM

I thought I saw triscuit posting yesterday, maybe it was a false alarm?

*goes to check*

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#247 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Yesterday we-
  • Figured out how we will pay the midwife (ie. found the missing $1000)
  • Got the living room and kitchen finished unpacking and clean
  • Figured out how we will get a car seat and crib mattress
  • Got an offer from a great neighbor to be a backup babysitter

Today we-
  • FINALLY have our home visit so I will not be afraid of them being confused around our home
  • Are finally doing some paperwork that really needs done
  • Are 36 weeks!

I still need to-
  • Wait 2 1/2 more weeks so Mae is born Sept. 3rd or later (so DH gets out of a week-long field op at work LOL)
  • Find out if MIL is flying down after Mae comes
  • Find out if my Aunt is coming down after Mae comes
  • Get the crib (MIL and FIL are buying it but our rooms STILL not ready)
  • Get the room ready for the crib
  • Get things in order for my brothers wedding in October
  • Find Princess and the Frog to send back to Netflix. Thinking I should check DDs room lol.

Last night DH surprised me by asking what role my XH played at my first two births.

I think he expected a different reaction than me bursting into tears. There is a reason hes my EX after all!

At least DH knows just how very much I appreciate how supportive he is and he will be now... and understands why I get a little on edge if he seems to ignore me.

My XH spent the entire births quiet. First time, holding my hand while my mother was my main support. Second time, sitting and staring at the wall while the NURSES were my main support!

I am just thankful those nurses were so awesome and excited about me having a completely natural birth that they WERE supportive in the way that I needed rather than trying to get me to get an epidural or pain meds or convincing me I need pitocin to speed things up.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#248 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM

I sent my baby girl to big first grade today!

I feel a little guilty for enjoying the quiet. My DS doesn't know what to do without her and has been good and agreeable all day lol.

LitChick- I'm sorry you're frustrated! I would be (and am for similar reasons) too

I'm a little nervous about making a birth plan. Do you just show up with a paper and have him sign off? I never had one but was very vocal during birth/after, but I guess I just want to have the relief of already going over this stuff.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#249 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 03:11 PM

My HB MW was just here and now everything is right in the world. We are ready. I just need a few days of R&R. Braxton Hicks kicked in on Friday, along with lots of crying and feeling like the baby is banging on my cervix. I'm thinking 14 days after that (as it was with DD), so next Thursday. Well see.

ed: Our new washing machine is here and DH installed it! Now we are really ready. Cloth diapers and an unpredictable machine is no good.

and 2 rescued greyhounds
#250 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM

Well, I had a longish night of contractions. I even called my midwife! But, they petered out. It would be really early for me to have a baby.

BUT...it motivated us. We have NOTHING prepared for this baby. I know where some stuff is, but we'd have been running all over the house trying to get it together in time. No birth kit, no supplies of any sort easy to get to. Ack! It was REALLY hard to go to bed last night and hope the contractions stopped and not get things ready. Really hard.

So...tonight we go shopping and set up stuff. We are really having a baby. And it really could be soonish.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#251 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 05:45 PM

Is anyone else getting really excited with the latest baby births?

I think that reading about the new little ones while folding and putting away tiny little newborn clothes yesterday have made me want to have my baby NOW. I want to snuggle him, and kiss his little cheeks, and nose, and toes and fingers....and perhaps get a few hits of that sweet newborn baby smell. Dh was smart last time. He'd take (aka steal) whatever hat ds had on, put it in his pocket and carry that around while he was away at work. It is an addictive smell, imo.

Ahem. Must control myself. Only 34w4d here. No need for an early baby.

And even though my sleep is all messed up, I know it will only get worse with a newborn.

But I can't help but think of the squishy newborns here already. And I wants one. NOW.

Am I the only one having major newborn cravings? While knowing better than to want it right.this.very.instance?

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#252 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM

*raises hand*

I want one.

#253 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

As I said in the other thread....

I want her NOW

but I want NOW to be Sept 4th...

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#254 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 09:44 PM

I want my baby now too!!

But yeah, 36 weeks tomorrow, so keep on cookin' baby. But if you do decide to come any time now mommy won't be too disappointed

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
#255 of 683 Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 PM

You guys are making me laugh! This thread is the epitome of end-game pregnancy: one minute, all pissed off and tired and impatient and the next all ga-ga about meeting the squishy newbies

I myself am positively giddy and a bit "nesty" today. My OB appointment was FULL of good news yesterday (GBS -, intermittent fetal monitoring only being added to my chart, and no freakouts over "big baby"). Then today at the chiro, she said he's in a good position and very likely too large to turn back I have all the clothes washed and most of them put away, and I have my bag partially packed.

All I am waiting on is my diaper shipment, and in the true bi-polar spirit of waiting for labor, I'm about to go bonkers on the online store from which I bought them. Seriously. It's been a week. WHERE ARE THEY?????

Other than that, I am relieved that our to-do list for our new tenants only has 3 things left on it. Whew.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#256 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I need somebody to talk me down. My in-laws were supposed to be coming, I *thought*, next week. So I asked DH about the dates and he got really vague on me. Tonight I logged into his email to pull the itinerary from his parents. Their freekin' trip - where they plan on staying IN MY HOME - is during my 38th week of pregnancy. I really hate getting between DH and his parents because it is so tense and difficult for DH but I feel like I could just blow up right now.

He came to say good night tonight just a few minutes after I found out. I told him what was wrong in as few words as possible - any more would not have been pretty - and his response was "... I thought your due date was later.."

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#257 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 AM

xekomaya- Ummm... wow. I totally feel your frustration. Your MIL, being a Mom, would she understand being asked to stay at B&B or something? How long are they staying? Are they the helpful kind of in-laws (cooking and freezing food, doing projects) or the "wait on me" kind of in-laws?

Re: gushy baby feelings. I love the anticipation. I'm the kind of person that can stare at my birthday present all day and savor that feeling. People need to force me to open presents. I love thinking about the opening part. I got gushy when I caught DH studying massage and pressure point info for birthing partners last night. I get gushy looking at the spot in the living room when I thínk I may give birth.
It's my first day off work today, so I need maybe a week just to enjoy the anticipation.

and 2 rescued greyhounds
#258 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 AM

OB appointment today at noon. It's a very dark rainy day... with the high temp today of 80!!!! *falls over* That's been a typical low temp this summer. Of course it's back up in the 90's tomorrow, but I'm going to enjoy today while I can. Despite the rain. We're still going out and running errands.

MIL is coming over to watch Em while I go to my appt, and will probably stay a bit later too so I can get some stuff done around the house without interruption. So that's good.

#259 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 09:09 AM

xeko--Good for you for not exploding! I don't think I could have kept that one in... Wow. I'm sorry.

foodmachine--That's amazing. I have zero patience normally--let alone 9 monts pregnant!

kelly--it's nice here too

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#260 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 09:43 AM

One of the best things about where we moved-- right around the corner is a local Farmer's market that is open Wednesdays and Saturdays. So worth going out in the rain, to fill up my fruit bowl with fresh yellow peaches, white peaches, big slicing tomatos. And some summer squash for a casserole for dinner tonight. May be silly to be this excited about food, but let me get my kicks where I can right now, ROTFL.

#261 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 09:48 AM

Hooray for famer's markets! We have one on Saturdays, and I just can't wait to go this weekend. We haven't gone in two weeks, and I'm drooling thinking about all the yummy stuff we'll get this weekend. (And I ordered 1/2 a cow from a meat market and he should bring it to me there!) It's SO great to have all that meat in the freezer. I just grab a random package of meat, and a bag of veggies. Throw some sort of starchy thing and supper's done.

#262 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 AM

My 4yo is bugging me about the Farmer's Market! We went 3 weeks ago, and it was so yummy. So I promised her we would go back this week.

Just1More--so jealous of your cow! We had 1/4 cow last year (lasted us ~1yr), and I loved the convenience and cost savings. There's a grass fed beef farmer at the Farmer's Market, and I wanted so badly to order 1/4, but their cutoff was while we were eating a month's rent AND recovering from vacation, so no-go on the $400 outlay at that point in time. I will be ordering soon though!

#263 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM

I'm still not ready for the baby to come. I know that so many of you are. My last kid had the same due date and didn't make his appearance till 41w3d so I'm not holding my breath.

I have managed to get most things done. I've really cleaned out the "stuff" that has managed to infiltrate our home. Boxes and boxes and bags and bags.

I reorganized my son's room today and am contemplating getting an Ikea bookshelf to reorganize my daughter's.

Started Zantac 150's for the heartburn.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#264 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Feet were a little swollen yesterday despite not going outside... but then I woke up today with a hangover headache so I am hitting the water hard. Maybe I drank less yesterday than I remembered?

DS found out something not-so-nifty about our toaster. It likes to eat things. And then mommy has to come get them out because there is no way Im letting a 7 year old try getting his breakfast out of the toaster when its stuck in (all I do is turn the toaster upside down, and it falls out)

Waking up this morning I swear I felt Mae startle awake... movements are feeling more and more babyish and less and less alien. Feeling feet and knees and now startles?

#265 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 AM

I was sitting in the kiddie pool the day before last with my toddler on my lap. She started kicking the water, and the baby jumped! I figured that because we were in water it was louder?

#266 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe? Or maybe due to the sudden change in motion... that's what startled Mae awake I think... I rolled over, and halfway over I felt the startle!

#267 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 PM

This little one has gigantic feet and legs. There may be more than two. And it is freaking me out! I hit 37 weeks today - I can have my Homebirth! Hurray! And just last night I finished off the birth kit by throwing in the freshly washed receiving blankets.

Also, I saw in the August DDC, they have a Babies who've arrived thread...anyone think this would be a good idea for us September mamas? (They already have 50 babies born!)

#268 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
Also, I saw in the August DDC, they have a Babies who've arrived thread...anyone think this would be a good idea for us September mamas? (They already have 50 babies born!)
Indeed... do you want to do it? If not I will.

#269 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Indeed... do you want to do it? If not I will.
I can do it, but don't think I would put gestational age, because that would take too much effort for me. It's enough for me to get my underwear and pants on these days.

Let me know if you'd rather. I know you have your hands full over there.

Also, I totally had another entire night of contraction dreaming. The weird thing about the dreaming is that in the dream, I am laying in bed, having contractions all night long. Not super painful ones either. And I keep thinking "when I wake up for the day, I will have to tell DH and we will see where this goes" and it is all so freaking real that when I wake up in the morning, I'm not sure if I dreamt it all or what. Also, I'm not sure if I've gotten up to pee in my dream, or in real life (I usually only go once a night).

#270 of 683 Old 08-18-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
I can do it, but don't think I would put gestational age, because that would take too much effort for me. It's enough for me to get my underwear and pants on these days.

Let me know if you'd rather. I know you have your hands full over there.
My hands are a lot less full now than they have been. Apart from getting the kids off to school... I have everything I wanted done... done! (this has only happened in the past two days and is crazy to me LOL)

You seem to be a bit overwhelmed so Ill do it and save you the trouble!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page