Full Moons - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
September 2010 > Full Moons
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 12:40 AM 08-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby~Braatens~Mama View Post
Nothing here, and gratefull! Even my crampiness is fading out!
Me too! Tonight my prodromal labors barely even noticeable!

Im actually feeling really good.

Sad though, I wanted to have her on the 24th. No way Im going into labor and giving birth in the next hour.

Kelly1101's Avatar Kelly1101 12:44 AM 08-25-2010
*sigh* The full moon seems to be ramping up my cramping/prodromal. I swear I can FEEL my cervix opening. But nothing "real" going on. Just irritating. I'm going to bed. Moon Fail.
triscuitsmom's Avatar triscuitsmom 12:48 AM 08-25-2010
Nothing here either.

Tomorrow is the one day through my whole pregnancy that I didn't want to deliver (it's my Dad, who I have completely cut out of my life for various reasons, and my ex's birthday).

I'm also going to be 2 hours away from home.

Sounds like a good day to stay put right baby?

Maybe it's good that the moon did nothing for me
bri276's Avatar bri276 12:49 AM 08-25-2010
I've had 3 contrax in the past hour but that's meaningless. They're not painful and I'm not even 36 wks. Shrug.
Momtotwo2004's Avatar Momtotwo2004 01:24 AM 08-25-2010
I'm having lots of contractions tonight but that's no different than usual I'm 38 and 5 (or 6 if you go by LMP) days.

My midwife said she births more babies on the new moon.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 01:28 AM 08-25-2010
I was a full moon baby, DH was a new moon baby, DD was born just after a full moon (DS was induced and doesn't count!)

New moon is Sept. 8th

really really hope I have her before then!
craftymcgluestick's Avatar craftymcgluestick 12:00 PM 08-25-2010
LOL, Kelly! Moon Fail! That is how I felt, too.

I wanted a birthday baby...didn't get one. So then how about a full moon baby? Nope, not that either.

You know what? I don't care at this point as long as it is before I jump off a bridge! Ha. And I am thinking that is what will happen if I am still pregnant for the next full moon (no way I'll make it to 9/23!) or HA! my next birthday...363 days from now!

My cousin told me her EDD with her 3rd baby was 9/1, just like me. That baby was born 9/22. I told her never to tell me a story like that again.

Baby, you can come at any moon phase you want...just make it snappy.
Kelly1101's Avatar Kelly1101 12:01 PM 08-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
My cousin told me her EDD with her 3rd baby was 9/1, just like me. That baby was born 9/22. I told her never to tell me a story like that again.
ROTFL. Why, why, WHY must people tell stories like this when you're already going out of your mind? It's pure sadism.
Chloe'sMama's Avatar Chloe'sMama 01:15 PM 08-25-2010
Well, here I am.... I guessed that 8/25 would be babies due date.... nothing happening. I thought the full moon would spur something, but seriously no contractions for days....

I guess the baby will come when he or she is ready.
Momtotwo2004's Avatar Momtotwo2004 01:35 PM 08-25-2010
It worked for my friend!!! She was due this coming Saturday. Her water broke last night at around 2 am. She had the baby about 2 hours ago.

Nothin' but lots of contractions for me. :/
louis's Avatar louis 02:45 PM 08-25-2010
Momtotwo that is great for your friend! I'm a little jealous, but hearing that the new moon works out so well for people and that being my due date, perhaps this little one will be one of the 4% born when they are "due."

Really though, as long as baby eventually makes his or her way out of my body, I am good.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 03:02 PM 08-25-2010
lol midwife seemed surprised today that I DIDNT go into labor last night.

I have two midwives and only one was there, the other had been at a birth all night.
Monkey Keeper's Avatar Monkey Keeper 03:22 PM 08-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post
but seriously no contractions for days....
You don't know what solace this brings me! I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who has little to no prodromal labor going on right now. Thanks for making me feel like I"m not alone!!!

So, yeah, I will not be pregnant for the next full moon, uh uh, no way. Not gonna do it. Personal comfort level exceeded there. And I'd be crazy
1  2

Up