Would you let them do it?? Opinions please! *UPDATE* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikigypsy View Post
Keep well, stay healthy! The blood pressure and sickness would really wear me out.

I'm sort of surprised that they would do an induction for a VBAC -- I've read, somewhere, that pitocin induced contractions are harder on the uterus and increase risk of uterine rupture, which isn't what you want. But I'm sitting in a hospital now, so I guess the medical model is seeping into me. I'm also trying to come to terms with having a c-section in a few weeks' time.

Anyway, take care of yourself and baby as best you can, and get whatever help you need!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal_chick View Post
I think I'd try to get them to do a gentle induction, if possible and if the sweep doesn't get you going. There have been several mamas over on the VBAC board who were successfully induced (but you probably know that since you cross-posted).

Good luck! I'll be thinking VBAC thoughts for you.

Regarding induction of a VBAC. Yes, there is an increased risk of uterine rupture. I believe it goes up from 0.5% to 0.7-0.9% with a pitocin induction - however, it still much less of a risk to mom and baby than a RCS. They will not induce with a strong prostaglandin such as Cervadil for a VBAC - the rupture risk goes up to I believe 2.3% with a Cervadil induction.

So for me, I'll definitely take the pitocin induction and the trial of labor before I'll head straight for a RCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleVet View Post
Thinking of you....I'm now in the same place but no cervical changes, so sweeping isn't even an option at this point. My recheck is Monday. Spontaneous labor vibes for us both.
((hugs)) so sorry you are dealing with this too. I know it's so stressful and worrisome! Hopefully we both show some cervical change on Monday!

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sending you lots of positive thoughts. Keep talking to your baby. I had many heart-to-hearts with our first (twins) when I was past due and the doctors were getting nervous. I ended up going into labor the morning before my induction date. I think getting it all out--the fears, the needs, the dreams--can help.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~

User Tag List