OMG. I want to have. this. baby!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The next several weeks, unless she goes all the way to term, are a scheduling nightmare. Starting tonight my OB is out of town for 1.5 weeks. Dh goes back to work full-time the day before my OB gets back, then starts teaching students the following Wednesday. Ds3 also starts school that day.

So really, I'm looking at the calendar and thinking "anything before the first weekend in September really won't work!" I know, of course, that it would HAVE to work, but still... I kinda wish my cervix would stop feeling like it's pulling and stretching...it's making me nervous. Given my history of ROM, I keep expecting for my water to splash all over the place EVERY TIME I bend over or go for a walk. Baby needs to hold tight until 39wks2days.

(yeah right.)

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#32 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 04:39 PM

Just1more....I'll gladly sub in for you for the full moon on the 24th!

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#33 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambyrkatt View Post
I hear ya, I really do! I'm 34 weeks, but so freaking done! I don't care what things are on my to-do list. I just want to be done!

My to-do list is still way long but it won't be tragic if we don't get to the rest of it before the baby comes.

Car seats are in. Diapers are clean. Daddy is home from all his travels. Mama is tired of eating alfalfa and sauerkraut and drinking apple cider vinegar and kefir constantly brewing and drinking tea and taking tons of vitamins and tinctures and putting stuff up her vagina (oh and occasionally her bottom) every day and night and pricking her fingers and she is tired of doing Hypnobabies, too. And of not eating any sugar. And most of all of worrying if you are OK in there!

I'm doing RRL and EPO. And it is painful, but I'm letting DD's nursing sessions stretch on for longer and longer. If I wasn't so lazy I'd be going on long walks, too. And forcing DH to DTD with me. DD was 4 days early, which for this pregnancy would be a week from today. I'm not mentally prepared to go longer than that.

OK, rant over. At least I'm not particularly uncomfortable. I totally feel for you, Mary, and hope your little one makes an early and safe appearance.

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#34 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 12:44 AM

I am ready, but not ready.

I am tired and un-comfortable and would like to be done being pregnant, however house-wise we have NOTHING ready. Plus I hope he comes Sept 1st , which is only two days before my EDD.

At my weekly appt yesterday (37w4d) my BP was high (160/90 - two different readings), I am swelling and I had higher than normal weight gain for the week. I am also over 40, so my doctor took me out of work.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#35 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 AM

I'm ready too... though I still need to pack my bag.. I at least have a list made!! I still need to buy a few things to go in bag as well! I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow and at my appointment today there are ZERO signs of labor, which was a relief after a lot of contractions the other day! But one day I feel Ok, then the next im MISERABLE. It sucks, I don't want to be huge or in pain anymore!!!

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#36 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 02:50 AM

Seriously, though...I AM uncomfortable and tired of being this huge/sore/etc....but part of me would rather stumble around this way for a couple more weeks than start dealing with the crazy schedule and sleep deprivation of having baby #4 in the house! This pain/heft, is KNOWN at least, whereas baby craziness/sleep deprivation just seems like a scary unknown chapter lurking in the near future.

I'm a sleep wimp. I need my sleep. Sometime recently (maybe when Jrene started posting about Brayden) I realized "CRAP! That's right!! BABIES DON'T SLEEP AT NIGHT....."

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#37 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 AM

MW appt yesterday. MW took one look at me and said "you don't look birthy" and I laughed and said "nope!"
I'm 38w tomorrow, and that's when DS1 came, but this baby seems like he'll stay around for a bit. I'm sure it's because I went on disability, because a few weeks ago I felt so much worse. Now I have nearly no pain, normal BH, and I'm relaxed.
But I still wish I knew when he'd arrive! I've been starting to dream about his little face.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#38 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
This pain/heft, is KNOWN at least, whereas baby craziness/sleep deprivation just seems like a scary unknown chapter lurking in the near future.

I'm a sleep wimp. I need my sleep. Sometime recently (maybe when Jrene started posting about Brayden) I realized "CRAP! That's right!! BABIES DON'T SLEEP AT NIGHT....."
Ahhh...yes.... I'm so right there with you! I do not jest at. all. when I say that I have been praying this baby sleeps better than DD2. Because I'm sleeping pretty darn okay right now!

Plus, my body is doing next to zero to prepare itself. Nothing to get my hopes up that he's coming any time soon. May as well look at the positives of keeping him inside a bit longer.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#39 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 11:01 AM

I'm actually looking forward to getting more sleep when the baby comes. Sure, I'll still be up and down all night, but from what I remember of the newborn stage, they do sleep for like 2-3 hours at a stretch. That's more than what my bladder is allowing at this point (peeing every hour at night. Literally. Every. Hour. and I can't not drink water because then I feel shriveled up and dehydrated). The idea of having 2-3 hour stretches of sleep, plus not having to go through hefting my enormous body out of bed constantly (a five-step process) to walk to the bathroom, sounds like heaven.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#40 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 AM

While I am not experiencing a lot of the end of pregnancy misery (other than my cankles), I am ready for this baby to come. I made it to 37 weeks so I can get my HB, we have diapers and clothes ready and washed, and I've lined up coverage for my office while I'm away. I really want the wait to end.

To try and cosmically bring baby here, I am scheduling my prenatal massage DH gave me for Valentine's day for Tuesday Aug. 24th which is a special day to me personally, as well as the full moon. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I am letting myself relax.

Oh and I even did my belly casting last night, so I am set. (BTW, those things are not so fun if you tend towards claustrophobia.)

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#41 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 11:25 AM

Actually, the one thing I really, really want done before baby comes is my car. My accident was 2 months ago, and the body shop still has it! I want to be the one to pick it up, but I don't want to haul a newborn to the body shop. If I'm being optimistic, I might get to pick it up tomorrow, but in reality, it could easily be late next week.

I'm so sick of driving borrowed/rented cars. I'd really like to have a few days to enjoy my convertible before there's a baby in the back and the top has to stay up. Plus, it's just one less thing to worry about, which would be nice.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#42 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 12:02 PM

today is our 3 year (dating) anniversary.

I suppose it wouldn't be HORRIBLE to have her today...

I'm having a lot of back pain coming and going (resting didnt help it) but cant say if its early labor that's lasting longer than it did with DD... or if I really just hurt my back.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#43 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovnMyBoys View Post
Just1more....I'll gladly sub in for you for the full moon on the 24th!
Done!

Well, after our little scare the other night, we have all the homebirth stuff (excepting the actual birth kit which is on its way) now. It's all over the floor in shopping bags, but at least its in the house now. I need to braid a cord tie, too. I thought the idea was neat, and I'd like something to use in case we truly need to cut the cord and the birth kit and/or midwife isn't here yet. I need to wash the clothes, too. Last night we got side-tracked, but maybe tonight dh can move a bunch of heavy stuff around for me so that I can put things where they'll be easy to get to.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#44 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 PM

I agree, I'm getting really crappy sleep right now. I'm so uncomfortable. I think I'll sleep more with the baby here!

What does one look like when they look "birthy?"
#45 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 10:50 PM

Someone TAKE the labor vibes from me PLEASE

I am not ready!

but ive been having fairly regular contractions and starting to get pressure down there and uuuuuuuugh I still cant take a bath to stop it!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#46 of 57 Old 08-19-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

I am not ready!

but ive been having fairly regular contractions and starting to get pressure down there and uuuuuuuugh I still cant take a bath to stop it!
I will take just a little bit. Only 35 weeks, but being a VBAC, I will take what I can get.

Just enough to help ripen things along.

And it's soooooo not fair to post this. Now I'm going to be neurotically checking this thread for updates today.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#47 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I am not ready!

Send 'em over,MP! I'll pick up anybody's spares! What's that Baby? You want to be born tonight? Can do!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#48 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 02:02 AM

oooo i'll take all your labor vibes!!!! after last nights contraction extravaganza i'm soooooo ready.. i cleaned my whole house today.. my mom came and stocked my entire kitchen with lots of healthy yummy food and i am sooooooooo ready!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#49 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 AM

If there are any left over send them my way Mae!

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#50 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 AM

I've been having contractions for a week. Yesterday I had them all freaking day long. I am exhausted. I mean, I fell asleep sitting upright while talking to the kids yesterday exhausted as in, these are REAL contractions and they are slowly wearing me down.

I've got the brethane but I can't take it if someone isn't available to help with the kids.

I'm starting to break mentally. I mean, I know I need to realistically hold out another week, but I'm just not sure I can take it for another week. I'll be 36 weeks on the 29th.

Oh, and the discharge is nasty. Just gross. I've gone from 0-3+, as a bit stretchy and funneling. Good fun, not.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#51 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifera2 View Post
Actually, the one thing I really, really want done before baby comes is my car. My accident was 2 months ago, and the body shop still has it! I want to be the one to pick it up, but I don't want to haul a newborn to the body shop. If I'm being optimistic, I might get to pick it up tomorrow, but in reality, it could easily be late next week.

I'm so sick of driving borrowed/rented cars. I'd really like to have a few days to enjoy my convertible before there's a baby in the back and the top has to stay up. Plus, it's just one less thing to worry about, which would be nice.
My wrecked car hasn't even MADE it to the body shop. I don't see it happening any time soon either. They're already estimated it will be 2-3 weeks at the body shop once I pick one. But I'm not entirely convinced they're not snowballing me on the damage either.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#52 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 09:14 AM

I think we should all get in line by "guess date" for the labor vibes. Except maybe poor Crafty...she's miserable!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#53 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtotwo2004 View Post
I agree, I'm getting really crappy sleep right now. I'm so uncomfortable. I think I'll sleep more with the baby here!

What does one look like when they look "birthy?"
For me, I did not have that much warning, other than all of a sudden I was OK to have the baby. No more labor fears, no impatience, just a sense of "I can do this". And I had him the next day.
But also, being extra nesty, mood change, etc. My mom would get really cranky right before her births.

I'm 38w today, and this boy is going to stay around longer than his brother. I truly have not felt that shift. It's getting close though... I don't think it will be another week.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#54 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
I think we should all get in line by "guess date" for the labor vibes. Except maybe poor Crafty...she's miserable!
Oh you are sweet! Fortunately, I'm September 1 EDD anyway, so I wouldn't be cutting too much.

I am having a 90 minute massage today. Last week this started some very strong contractions that unfortunately amounted to nothing. But it was only 60 minutes...and a week earlier. Here's to wishful thinking for today!

Although this baby is STILL not low enough I don't think and I need to just get with the realistic program. I doubt he'll be anything less than a 40 week butterball. We don't make microwaves in my family, apparently.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#55 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 AM

I may be regretting giving away my labor vibes since this morning I found out optimal timing to have her and still make it home for a wedding I am VERY excited for (my little brother) is before labor day weekend =(

#56 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I may be regretting giving away my labor vibes since this morning I found out optimal timing to have her and still make it home for a wedding I am VERY excited for (my little brother) is before labor day weekend =(
No takebacks! j/k Hope you get the very best birthday for you and little Mae.

#57 of 57 Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 PM

Mae - I'm missing my little brother's wedding because of this baby, and though I couldn't be happier about the babe, it's a sad thing to miss. I hope your little one comes at just the right time for you to do it all!

Liz - I can't count the number of times I heard, "We're almost done." or "Maybe a week and a half to go." I get that it was a big job, but enough is enough already. And is it too much to ask for a realistic estimate of timing? Not an exact deadline, just something this side of absolute fantasy. Sorry you're just going into being without your car at such a bad time for it!

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page