OMG. I want to have. this. baby!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there are other threads about feeling like crap, but is anyone else just absurdly ready for baby?

I had a massage Friday afternoon and Friday evening was having pretty strong contractions. DH wanted me to rest and I was like "Are you crazy? Let's go for a walk!! Let's do housework! Let's do this thing!" Unfortunately, contractions did slow when I sat and stopped when I got in a warm bath. I've just had a few small ones since then.

I couldn't sleep last night at all because of heart burn and I am pretty sure Baby had his little toes wrapped around my lungs (gasp). Plus, I am so stressed about work. (Everyone is acting shocked like I'm *already* about to go on maternity leave? Why, we've only known since February!) Baby is much lower now, but I think not engaged yet. I was 2 cm dillated at my MW appointment yesterday.

OMG, I am READY to not be pregnant, not have PUPPP, and just hold my little son. Ack! Get me out of here! 38 weeks tomorrow.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM

Soon enough, my friend, your beautifull baby boy will be in your arms and these days will be far behind us!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#3 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 04:52 PM

I want her out NOW

but I want NOW to be after Sept. 3rd.

its a conundrum.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 04:55 PM

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo ready!

and yes, it's becasue I'm miserable. But also becasue this kid is HUGE. it's gotta be the biggest kid i've ever had.
I have a hard time walking, breathing, and i can't eat more than an apple sized amount at any time.
my thighs hurt all over, my crotch hurts, my bladder is so sore I'm surprised i'm not pissing blood.

But every time I go to check my cervix the thing is still out of reach! URG!

Logically I know I am only 35w5d. But I can't imagine going another 5 weeks!
If I started having contractions in th next 2 weeks i would jump for joy!
#5 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM

Whatever you do, please don't flirt with induction. I can't imagine how you're staying sane with the PUPPS and all that, and I know you didn't mention induction, but I know if I were in your shoes I'd be tempted. Be patient as you can--labor WILL kick in, and then you get to trade PUPPS for sleep deprivation.

Woo-hoo!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#6 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 05:54 PM

i am ready, but i'm not.. i'm kind of torn right now casue my kids are sick and i'm only 36 weeks tomorrow .. i can't imagine going as long as i did with DS..(another 5 weeks?!) so i'm trying to focus on short term goals - like stay calm til 38 weeks, then 39.. etc not that that really helps anything.. in your shoes i'd be jumping up and down tryign to get labor started

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#7 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 06:24 PM

I hear ya, I really do! I'm 34 weeks, but so freaking done! I don't care what things are on my to-do list. I just want to be done! I'm still working and will work until 8/27, so I'm hoping that this "doneness" I am feeling will kind of die down when I stop working because really, baby still needs to cook a bit.

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
#8 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 PM

Oh yeah, I'm done! Crafty I was thinking of you last night because I had a super itchy bug bite and it was annoying the heck out of me. And then I thought of you and your poor PUPP. It's amazing you haven't gone completely insane.

I'm ready to not be pregnant but we don't even have diapers yet. Still have to wash the car seat cover and install it, wash sheets for co-sleeper, wash baby clothes...We just moved and then DD got sick and then I got sick. Now I'm just acting like I have all the time in the world to get ready for baby.

But in terms of being physically and emotionally ready to be done, I AM!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#9 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 PM

Girl, you are singing my song. I am so screaming done, and I almost don't care that she's possibly still breech/transverse (I find out tomorrow with a possible ECV). My three year old keeps telling me that I'm going to have her today and well, it's already 3:15pm here and I've got nothing going on (except the usual MP falling out over and over and occasional contraction). My throat hurts too, which doesn't bode well for labor of any kind.

Sigh.

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#10 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 07:51 PM

I'm there too!
I thought I'd be fine with going over because I was feeling so far from ready. Now here I am at 38+4 and hoping for any time now.
Monday I have a preg massage, acupuncture and and a midwife appt that could include a s&s (if I so desire) so that could be promising. Baby is in a better position now and feeling lower, but my minimal contracting is not going anywhere.
I feel slightly on a timeline because my primary mw will be away Sept 2-6 or 7th and I really want both of them at my homebirth. Truly I would be fine with my secondary and another mw from the practice, but I do really want the two I have a relationship with (and no I'm not willing to wait until after the 7th!)

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#11 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 07:57 PM

LOL my CNM and CPM came for our home visit today...

when I mentioned how set I am on having a labor day weekend baby, they said they would put it on their calender lol

And then the CPM asked if I was going to be downing a bottle of castor oil on Sept 3rd lol

Im like "NOOOOOOOO no way no how, I have IBS and have to drink that stuff sometimes when my constipation is so bad that fiber and water and laxatives arent fixing it, Im not doing it on purpose when Im NOT constipated.... Im going to be doing all sorts of natural induction things... in the bedroom."

(I would have specifically mentioned sex and nipple stimulation as Im not ashamed to say that to the midwives since they would be the ones suggesting it anyway... but my 5 year old was in the room LOL)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#12 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 08:08 PM

I'm having to psychologically brace myself for being pregnant the next 5-6 weeks. My internal dialogue is like I'm talking to a petulant child. "You have to wait. You have no choice. It doesn't matter if you feel done, you're not, and you're going to let the baby come on her own." I feel like it's some sort of a test of my patience and mental health to not freak out because there is a part of me that would walk in to a voluntary c-section TODAY if it were offered. I'm not letting that part win because my logical mind knows that it's wrong to let anxiety, impatience and irrational fears rule my decisions. Very, very difficult time for me.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#13 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 PM

I'm kinda there. 38 weeks on Friday, and DS1 was born exactly at 38. I would not really mind this boy staying in longer, but the waiting is starting to drive me and DH a little crazy. Last night we admitted that one of the reasons we're crabby is because we just want to know when he'll be here. We'd be fine with 3 weeks from know if we could just know. I don't remember being this hyper with DS1, but maybe that's because I was certain he'd arrive a few days after 40 weeks, so at 38 I was still not thinking about timing.
Today has sucked too. I feel cruddy - headache all night and tired and heachey all day, my naps kept getting interrupted, and there was nothing on TV. So I was BORED. I see that a storm is brewing, so that's probably why my head feels off. I'm so sensitive to pressure changes.

I must chill out though. Every bathroom break, I check for show. Even though I have no symptoms. I'm turning into a laborchondriac. I have a headache - could this be the day?
Pfffffft!

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#14 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post
Every bathroom break, I check for show.
Thank goodness I am not the only one!

#15 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 PM

Ready, ready, ready, ready, ready!!!!!!!

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

#16 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 09:44 PM

I'm ready.

I mean I'm not really ready, as in I haven't packed my hospital bag, there are a zillion things on the To Do list, etc.

But, I have all the essentials ready to go (clothes, diapers, carseat, boobs). And I feel like getting things done will be easier with a newborn, than when I'm enormous and can't move or walk without hurting and being exhausted.

I'm 36 weeks on Saturday. He's welcome to come any time after that.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#17 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 10:11 PM

In one way I am ready--I can't wait to meet him!

Which is funny, because we still don't have a name for him! I am terrified of going into labor, having him and then having to keep him as 'boy mylastname'. But NOTHING fits.

On the other hand, because I'm going for a VBAC....there's a really, really good chance of a repeat c/s.

And that is something that I want to put off as looooooooong as possible. Because as miserable as I may feel being super pregnant in the summer, it's nothing compared to the recovery from a c/s. And I had a pretty 'easy' go of it too, from what others have told me.

Now, if I *knew* for certain I'd have a vag. birth, I'd be much more inclined to start with the eviction notice soon.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#18 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 PM

I'm ready!

And I'm NOT READY!

This is our 4th and last baby. The gender is unknown. I'm excited to meet this little person. I'm excited to find out if s/he's a boy or girl and to have my children meet him or her. I'm excited to give birth again.

But I don't want this last pregnancy to be over. I will cry during most of my labor, I'm sure.

Such conflicting feelings...
#19 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 11:01 PM

I want my baby but I'm not ready yet. I feel like I still have "all summer" to go but that isn't much longer.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#20 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Don't worry ROM, as much as I hate PUPPP, the idea of induction TERRIFIES me. No, I wouldn't do that. I do joke that because of the PUPPP and the most intense itch being on my lower abdomen/stretch marks that by scratching so hard, I am performing "nature's c-section." Ha ha. I mean

I'm just (as I'm sure all of you are) SOOO heavy, so full of baby, so...good GOD how does pregnancy last this long? Knowing that my mom went 42 weeks with me at this same time of year in the worst heat wave of this area in decades makes me want to nominate her for sainthood.

Last night, our air conditioner broke and I just started SOBBING DH was like "Oh God! Better act fast!" We have a good friend who is an a/c repairman and Matt was like "Um, sorry to call you at 8 p.m., but we have kind of an emergency on our hands." I was having a figurative and literal meltdown and I was putting those little lunchbox ice coolers all over my body (it was still 100 degrees outside at 8 p.m.) and all I could think was: maybe this will make me go into labor! But I kept crying, because it didn't...

Realistically, based on family history and all the other signs Baby is giving me, I think he is going to come right around his due date. Oh well. 2 more weeks. I'll make it. Maybe. But just in case, I have *everything* ready. House. Homebirth kit. Sandwich tray order from local deli posted on fridge. Everything. My house. is. ready. And so am I!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#21 of 57 Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
Last night, our air conditioner broke and I just started SOBBING DH was like "Oh God! Better act fast!" We have a good friend who is an a/c repairman and Matt was like "Um, sorry to call you at 8 p.m., but we have kind of an emergency on our hands." I was having a figurative and literal meltdown and I was putting those little lunchbox ice coolers all over my body (it was still 100 degrees outside at 8 p.m.) and all I could think was: maybe this will make me go into labor! But I kept crying, because it didn't...
Oh gosh, our a/c went out in the heatwave of a couple weeks ago. I BAWLED. It ended up costing over a $100 to get it fixed, when all it was was two loose wires, but I practically kissed the repairman. I don't care what it costs at this point. We NEED a/c.

Can you imagine what women did (or do, I guess) in rustic homes out on the frontier or in other climates/deserts during hot weather? Oh my. I am so thankful for how pampered we are.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#22 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 01:01 AM

I almost bawled when I saw the electric bill from what temp I've needed it at to be able to sleep and work without bursting into flames. We're talking about one floor (we have a basement, but there's no air or heat down there) of central air in a 2 bed condo....$255.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#23 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 AM

I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday. My daughter was born at 37w2d. It's hot here -- for Vancouver (nothing on Texas, of course) and houses here aren't built with air conditioning. The last two days my daughter and I have stayed in all day with the fans on, taken numerous baths, and watched more movies that I care to admit. It's too hot to walk to an air conditioned place I don't have a car.

I want this baby to come. Everything that really needs to be ready is ready. But because of how maternity leave works I'll lose about $1000 if the baby is born before September 1st.

At this point, if it were up to me, I don't which I would rather have: a healthy, early baby and a non-pregnant body or $1000. I'm so glad I don't actually have to choose.
#24 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 AM

so glad i'm not alone.. lol i'm so ready to have this baby.. i'm only 36w4d... so i have a while... but ds1 was born at 36w6d so it could happen soon..... right?! ugh....

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#25 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
ROTFL... this so sounds like how my reaction would be. It's like any thing going wrong completely gives me an emotional breakdown.

And yeah, I so hear ya... I'm not even ready yet (not 36 weeks until Saturday) but it's like damn...

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#26 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 AM

Ah...yes...the breakdowns! Nearly anything not going my way can send me into a sobbing tailspin. Fun times!

My DH is vehemently opposed to this baby coming ANY day next week. (He works for the school district, and it is the first week of school.) He literally LOL when I suggested that baby might interrupt his first week of school. Dude, I will be 38w pg on MONDAY! People have 38wxd babies all. the time. His response, "Not YOU!" Grrrr.....

You think daddy not being "mentally ready" for baby will keep him inside? Because like the rest of you, I'm getting ready to meet him.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#27 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 AM

I "signed up" on the full moon thread for August 24th. That evening, dh came home and told me he needs to take a buisness trip from the 23rd to the 25th. Can someone please take me off the list, lol.

Seriously, though, I feel MUCH better today. It had been a long few days, but it's all about the SLEEP! I got to sleep last night, and today is much better. It's amazing that that is all I need. Is it asking too much, really, to be allowed to sleep for 6 hours uninterrupted? That's all. Just 6.

Dh slept in the other room last night, and he didn't set his (very incredibly annoying and loud) alarm. It's been going off multiple times since 5:30 for the last few days. He's sick with something, and has been working out very hard. He's just exhausted. So, he's more restless than usual at night, combined with the alarm games in the morning. Sigh...but, as usual, I've been in bed for a long time, so I assume I slept. Wrong.

Anyway...I feel great, and I can be pg now.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#28 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
You think daddy not being "mentally ready" for baby will keep him inside? Because like the rest of you, I'm getting ready to meet him.
Neither ONE of us was "mentally ready" for my daughter, but she popped out at 36 weeks anyway, rotfl!

Don't feel bad, mine is only just now getting it through his head that yes, we are having a baby sometime in the next month. A real baby. That's right. I'm not just huge and enormous for no reason.

#29 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 11:26 AM

my DH obviously came to that realization after leaving me for those 2 weeks for work.

Our house is clean and unpacked.
Our birth kit is ready.
And when I get up in the middle of the night to waddle down the hall and change the temp on the thermostat, he doesn't even question it.

Plus, he has been spending a lot more time touching my belly and hugging me in general. And when I went to get out of bed last night (pre-changing the house temp) to tell the kids to go back to bed, he told me to lay back down and went to do it himself, although he had to be up at 4am for work!

(I just hope he does the same after shes born, when I REALLY need it!)

Mind you, my hormones are currently in mushy mode. Give me five minutes and I can come up with some complaints about him too LOL

#30 of 57 Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 PM

In the last couple days I've finally shift to ready to have her, I think. I'm 38 weeks today, so physically it would be fine, and we've got everything done and ready that needs to be ready before she arrives, but there's still lots I would like to do before baby. Hence, I'm taking a little time off work this week to try to get some of it done.

But until now I've been really hating the idea of not being pregnant anymore, and I'm finally feeling like I've moved past that. I don't have a lot of pain, really just minor aches that make sleeping a little more difficult, walking a little more slow, so none of the complaints that are plaguing so many of the mamas here, but I'm beginning to fall into that "feeling done" camp all the same.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page