Labor Prediction - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My shortest labor (4 hours) was my easiest labor. I don't think that short always equals more intense. Or maybe it just seemed that way because of how it was broken up. It was a homebirth at my mom's house (the homebirth doc couldn't come to my house because it was too far)... so hour 1 of labor was getting ready to go (although that first hour was BAM insta hard contractions... no easy ones leading up to harder ones), hour 2 was spent in the car, hours 3 and 4 I was at my mom's and I don't really remember it being super bad.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

It was nice... amazed all the nurses, to say the least lol.

I just hope for a bit more definite early labor this time, as is my midwife, as she is 45 minutes away if theres not a single other car on the road and we both are REALLY hoping she makes it in time!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 14 hours long.
If my MW was accurate at my 36 week appt, the chances of this baby being only 7.3lbs after my due date isn't very good. But I'll take it. Let's work on cutting that 14 hrs in half though.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I just hope for a bit more definite early labor this time, as is my midwife, as she is 45 minutes away if theres not a single other car on the road and we both are REALLY hoping she makes it in time!
That's me too. My MW is a full hour away without traffic. If this baby comes during rush hour... yikes! I am really hoping that this baby gives me as much warning as #1. Technically everything started 12 hours before his birth, but the first 8 were so mild that I thought I was just having BH (heh, very regular BH). I worked a 1/2 day before I got crampy enough to say the hell with it an go home, but I did not feel labor-y until we pulled into my driveway, and then BOOM.
Since I'm already home, I'm kind of worried that I'll go right into the BOOM part, esp if it's a weekend and DH is already here. And I'm freaking out a little because if labor is faster, it might be harder. And if labor is slower, it might be harder. I know I could do what I've done... but this will be different! Eeep.

And that is how I know it won't be today or tomorrow. I'm not in the birth place in my head.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
Old 08-20-2010, 06:26 PM

"We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.7 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long."

This might not be far off. Fun little quiz.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 PM

I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 16 hours long.

Considering what my body has already been through getting ready I'm hoping he's not born too far after his due date if at all. I'm 37+2 today and just finished my course that had me out of the house full days so he can come any time now

Weight could well be right though... my other two were 7lbs 13oz and 8lbs 12oz. And 16 hours would still put it at my shortest labour

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
Old 08-20-2010, 10:21 PM

My hardest labor was my longest labor which was 4 1/2 hours.

My favorite labor was my shortest at 1 hr and 45 min. I was pushing when the assistant got to my house and the midwife walked in as the head was born. It was intense, but I managed to keep myself relaxed through the whole thing. I personally like getting it over with. With my longest labor I kept checking the clock thinking it was never going to end.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

User Tag List