Labor Prediction - Mothering Forums

#1 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Obviously not realistic... but...

Quote:
Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before your due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 10 hours long.
http://www.justmommies.com/quizzes/l...ction_quiz.php

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 13 hours long.
Aww, peas...

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#3 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.8 pounds and that your labor will be about 9 hours long.
Sounds just like my husband's prediction...

8g, 7g, 4b, 2g
#4 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mine is very much possible, but I don't want to have her that late! LOL

Still rooting for Labor Day Weekend. 7 days before her due date would be the day after Labor Day.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:41 PM

These are always fun:

Quote:
Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.
But in my case, it just missed its window of opportunity, since 2 weeks early was yesterday.

I'm guessing baby will come more like a few days early and weigh between 8 and 8.5 pounds. Not sure why, exactly, but there you go.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#6 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 PM

Mine seems pretty likely. LOL.

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the middle of the night. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.8 pounds and that your labor will be about 6 hours long.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#7 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.8 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.
He had better gain at least a pound if he is going to stay in there until just before his due date!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#8 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby~Braatens~Mama View Post
He had better gain at least a pound if he is going to stay in there until just before his due date!
Remember, ultrasound weight predictions can be off by at least a pound!

my son was checked the day before he was born and they said he would be over 8 lbs... he was barely over 7. No way he lost that much in 24 hours!

#9 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 14 hours long.
Yes likely for the late part, but I'm really hoping labour isn't longer this time.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#10 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Remember, ultrasound weight predictions can be off by at least a pound!

my son was checked the day before he was born and they said he would be over 8 lbs... he was barely over 7. No way he lost that much in 24 hours!
Yeah...usually they measure 'large' at the end but sometimes you get a funny one! My baby brother was estimated by u/s to be 9lbs even the day before delivery. He was born at 11lbs8oz. LOL! Can you imagine 2.5lbs BIGGER than u/s said! Not the norm though...

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#11 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.
Yep. This sounds exactly like what I thought might happen (except I'm still thinking she'll be *on* her due date!)...

Here's hoping that "after her due date" is more like a day or two, and not a week or more!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#12 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 PM

Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.2 pounds and that your labor will be about 9 hours long.

I think that he will be bigger.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#13 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 3 hours long.
This could be very true. I'm hoping for at least a 3 hour labor this time. My last one was under 2 hours.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#14 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 09:56 PM

Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the middle of the night. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 5 hours long.

Hmmm... doubt it lol. I think I'll go to at least 40 wks. Not sure on the weight though. My babies have been on the bigger side so far but this is a new Daddy so who knows this time!

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#15 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 PM

You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the afternoon. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 6 hours long.

Here's to hoping! I'm 38 weeks today. I'd love to go into labor around 39 weeks. The weight and labor could very well be true too.
#16 of 37 Old 08-19-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before your due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.2 pounds and that your labor will be about 9 hours long.
Well they basically just went with the information I gave for DS's birth. They made this one weigh a little less but otherwise everything is the same....hmmmmmmmmm

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#17 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.
Meh. Pretty much what I have been saying this whole time

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#18 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 AM

our labor prediction quiz results are below.....

Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 7 hours long.

Based on my last birth this is pretyt much what DH, me adn the midwife are planning for.

obstruct livery vehicles

#19 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 01:21 AM

Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the middle of the night. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 2 hours long.

Sounds great to me.I am not hoping to go to my due date this pregnancy has been hard.I also have fast labors, my last was 50 minutes but I have to put up with weeks of prodromal.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#20 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%mom View Post
This could be very true. I'm hoping for at least a 3 hour labor this time. My last one was under 2 hours.
Just out of curiosity, why would you hope for longer labor? I am praying my boy will shoot right out and I won't feel so bad for being a hypnobabies quitter.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#21 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 AM

Short labors are INTENSE.
My first was 4 hours of what I thought of as labor, and if it had been any faster than that I think it would have been awfully scary and possibly painful (if I fought it and tried to slow it down).

Quote:
Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.2 pounds and that your labor will be about 6 hours long.
Well, they lose, unless I suddenly start laboring today!

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#22 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.7 pounds and that your labor will be about 6 hours long.
I have very predictable labors, though (start in the wee hours at 39 weeks, last 2-3 hours.)

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#23 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would you hope for longer labor? I am praying my boy will shoot right out and I won't feel so bad for being a hypnobabies quitter.
As Lit Chick said, short labors are intense...

3 hours means basically transition-like contractions for all three hours.

Of course... Id opt for a day of labor so light I can barely feel it and 3 hours where it becomes more physical... but definitely not just 3 hours of labor!

#24 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
As Lit Chick said, short labors are intense...

3 hours means basically transition-like contractions for all three hours.
Not necessarily. My 2 fast labors (2 and 3 hours) had contractions that steadily built up for 90-120 minutes, then 20 minutes of transition, then 10 minutes of pushing. Not at all awful like I hear people tell about short labors. I hope for another just like them.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#25 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
My midwife isn't allowed to deliver babies at home in my state. So we have over an hour drive to get to the house where she can deliver. I want to be able to make it to her and not deliver in the car. Otherwise, I'd be fine with a really short labor again.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#26 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 AM

I'd rather have a short intense labor than a long medium labor. My cousin was in labor for 20.HOURS. and said that it never got BAD... even through transition she was having 5 minute breaks in between contractions which is kind of weird... but I just am not interested in a marathon. I'd rather have the crazy intense scary thing and get it over with quickly, ROTFL. But I'm like that with most things.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#27 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 12:10 PM

I don't want a short labor (I have to drive 30 mins to the nearest hospital that has an L&D) but I have had a 22 hour long one (an induction) and that was miserable. My 10 hour one (also an induction) was so much easier so I am hoping for something similar (minus the induction) this time.

#28 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

I want another 8 hour one like with DD.

Very light labor for 5 hours where I was still questioning if I was really in labor (and could have easily slept through it) and then 3 hours where it slowly progressed up to 15 minutes of transition and just a few pushes before she came.

#29 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I want another 8 hour one like with DD.

Very light labor for 5 hours where I was still questioning if I was really in labor (and could have easily slept through it) and then 3 hours where it slowly progressed up to 15 minutes of transition and just a few pushes before she came.
If we were able to order labors like on a menu I think this is the one I'd choose

#30 of 37 Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 PM

That does sound kind of nice.

My last one was so weird because of the pitocin. It was like... uncomfortable crampiness but not bad pain for about 8 hours. Contractions I had to breathe through for about an hour. Then I went from 5 cm to 10 cm in 15 minutes-- so, pretty damn intense 15 minutes. Half an hour of pushing, and done.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page