Great article about due dates. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read this every pregnancy. My first was born on his u/s due date and my second was born 2 days post LMP due date. Since we are talking predictions, here are the statistics!
http://transitiontoparenthood.com/tt...datespaper.htm

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#2 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 PM

That was a tad longer than expected. Thank you for sharing it!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#3 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 PM

This is why I adjusted my "first day of your last period" to an entire 10 days later than it actually was. Because we only had unprotected sex once, and I knew exactly when, and I knew when I got a positive test, and I've been pregnant a bajillion times before- I KNEW I didn't ovulate 14 days after (or I wouldn't have gotten pregnant at all!!!) In fact, I've been going along based on a LMP of December 18th for so long that sometimes *I* forget it was actually December 8th and technically my EDD "should" be 9/14 instead. I also had several very early ultrasounds that agreed with my estimation.

Sooo....I'm really sure about my date and my bebe shouldn't be late. But she probably will be anyway.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#4 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 PM

It's long but looks interesting. I haven't finished reading it, but I had no clue on my dates, not even my LMP, so had an early dating scan. Curious to see what that says about when I might expect to deliver.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#5 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 PM

Thank goodness for charting!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#6 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
Thank goodness for charting!
Right? lol

I was only a day off from average... but still its comforting to KNOW my dates are right!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 PM

In my case I know the moment of conception... late Christmas Eve / early Christmas morning...

Which is way off from my LMP. But I was nursing and that was screwing up my cycle.

So I just told the OB that I couldn't remember. They did an u/s which showed a DOC of Dec 26.

Which, it's possible that it took that long for, you know, the swimmer to meet the egg. So I'm cool with my due date.

Not that I think I'll make it that far anyway.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#8 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 PM

I ovulated a whole week late the month we got preggo... thats how we got here! weve been usinf NFP for a loong time, even had the symptoms of O and everything and bam, the early US (the only one I've had) matched my dates exactly.

Still possible to go late... My dates were dead on for DD (planned and tried for, using NFP and early US was accurate to the DOC) and she came 11 days 'late'.

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
#9 of 10 Old 08-20-2010, 08:24 AM

I haven't had time to read it yet, but browsed it briefly and it looks similar to something I've read before. I also am sure of when I O'd (new years day) and early dating put it one day later and then another early u/s put it one day even later (so sept 26 instead of the 24) but its fine by me I'd rather have a later date and it could have taken a few days for the little swimmers to implant.

One thing I read from another article and this one may have mentioned it also, but EDD for first time mothers is slightly longer than 2nd or 3rd timers. Also, women with longer cycles (i have a 32 day cycle) have longer gestational periods than the ones with the average 28 day cycle. I thought that was really interesting and wasn't sure if this article touched upon it.

With DD I was clueless.. I got pregnant my first cycle off the pill and wasn't expecting it. I was told to give my body a month to get the pills out of my system and then to start TTC. Yeah, so I had no idea when I O'd or when we'd even had sex that month and they moved my dates all over the place. I always say i went late with her (40w5d) but when I think about it my original EDD according to my LMP was changed at my 13 or 20 week u/s. So DD may in fact have been "early". She had alot of signs of being early (she was covered with a thick layer of vernix, she was merely 7lbs8oz average weight, etc). However because of a prior stillbirth at 26 weeks a year earlier, the MWs got nervous and wanted to induce and thus did a membrane sweep (I was being impatient also) and she came that night.. I wonder how long she would have gone if my dates wasn't changed and I wasn't scared into facing an induction the next day if the sweep didn't work.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
#10 of 10 Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiana View Post
One thing I read from another article and this one may have mentioned it also, but EDD for first time mothers is slightly longer than 2nd or 3rd timers. Also, women with longer cycles (i have a 32 day cycle) have longer gestational periods than the ones with the average 28 day cycle. I thought that was really interesting and wasn't sure if this article touched upon it.
Sweet Fancy Moses, if this is true, this baby is *never* coming out, since my cycles were about 45-50 days...

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page