Transverse... again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2010, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
!@&&%#&Q%^#@**&$

DS turned transverse at 35 weeks and never turned back around and was a c/s. Now lil' sis is following suit to the week. I am 35 and she is now officially sideways. I am going to do the accupuncture and all the rest, but I am feeling hopeless as we did all that with DS and nothing turned him. I SOsoSOsoSO don't want to have surgery again.

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 PM

awww baby! no! Head down is more comfy! Go head down!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 PM

Oh Boatbaby, what disappointing news. I hope baby still manages to get head down.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 PM

Oh no!!!! I'm so sad for you I had really started to loose hope, just days shy of 37 weeks, but baby flipped. I hope this baby will for you too! I can't say anything was magical, I just stuck with the breech tilts, pulsitilla and regular chiro care. Warm packs low on my pelvis seemed to encourage extra movement, as did ice packs on the top. Both really aggravated the baby. Best of luck! I'm sending you lots of turn baby turn vibes!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:22 PM

TURN, LITTLE GIRL!!!

I'm sorry you're dealing with a directionally challenged babe It is no fun. Chiro and massage did it for me. I hope you get good results too. And soon!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 PM

I'm so sorry. How frustrating.

I've heard that sometimes women who have transverse babies are more likely to have other transverse babies. Something about how their uterus is built. My friend has a bicornate uterus (a septum) and her last two babies were both malpositioned due to it. Interestingly enough, those two pregnancies were AFTER she learned she had a septum. For her first 3 pregnancies, she had no idea (nor did her doctor) that she had a septum and her babies were all head down.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtotwo2004 View Post
Interestingly enough, those two pregnancies were AFTER she learned she had a septum. For her first 3 pregnancies, she had no idea (nor did her doctor) that she had a septum and her babies were all head down.
That is bizarre!

OP: and may I talk to your baby? Come on, little one! Stop worrying your mother and turn your cute little bottom right side up! It is almost time for you to come out here and meet all of the people who love you and have been dreaming about you for the past 8 months or longer.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby~Braatens~Mama View Post
That is bizarre!

OP: and may I talk to your baby? Come on, little one! Stop worrying your mother and turn your cute little bottom right side up! It is almost time for you to come out here and meet all of the people who love you and have been dreaming about you for the past 8 months or longer.
ok that made me cry.

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:32 AM

Turn baby girl turn!!!
Keep trying, she may give in and turn head down. There is still hope.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)

User Tag List