A Prodromal Labour Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 127 Old 09-13-2010, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had full days of contractions.. I don't even know how many times now. The biggest "scare" was when I had them very strong at 35 weeks, but they went away after a few hours. The other big one was at 37 weeks after playing drums at a concert I had them every ten minutes till well into the night. My DH was so sure the baby was coming he quick built the crib and packed the suitcase!

I have had "false labor" so many times now that I've stopped telling DH about contractions unless they are really painful, because he's sooo disappointed every time they stop! I had also gotten to the point last night where I felt like it was all in vain and that this baby must never be coming, but FINALLY today after three weeks of the same report at the dr (1 cm, 50% baby is high) we made some progress!!!! She said I was "Very effaced" didn't think to ask how much.. and that baby was at a 0 station!!! She said his head is RIGHT HERE. She said I'm probably still technically only 1cm, but more stretchy than before that she thinks labor could start for me anytime this week. She said it wouldn't surprise her if it happened today or in 7. Thats better than before when all the talk was induction!!! Oh and just thought I would add my EDD is FRIDAY, so it looks like he will be coming close to on-time!

I go back thursday for another NST, and she said if I'm dilated enough she will strip my membranes for me even though I'm GSB positive. She tried today, but she said I was still not quite open enough for her to do it. It was such a huge relief to know that he finally dropped, and that she thinks everything is ready to go! Weeks of "he's still high" were getting very old...

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#122 of 127 Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Add me to the club. Had crappy non-functional labor pains from 11 pm to 4 am - couldn't sleep, too tired to get up. Finally begged for sleep at 4 am and woke up at 9, still pg. So dejected.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#123 of 127 Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM

Ive gotten to the point where... even slightly strong contractions... Im just sitting here through them and suddenly think

Hmm my back hurts. Oh! My tummys hard. Its another contraction...

ho hum.

Going out to cracker barrel tonight (its crazy because its payday. everyone gets paid the same day around here since over 75% of the population is military) their wednesday special is just too good not to go out for though... i forget what it is exactly but if i remember correctly it has something to do with broccoli and chicken.

last two times we have gone there I have left with strong contractions.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#124 of 127 Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM

The lower back pain/pelvic pain that is accompanying these contractions is horrible. It reminds me of the pain I had in transition with William, but I'm nowhere near there. I was hyperventilating a few minutes ago AND I was in a hot shower.

All that induction talk is starting to sound good. I just wish my body would get on with it and stop tormenting me. I did really well yesterday, I don't know how well I'll do today; it hurts!

I'm still not dilating/effacing though. Home with the kids and Home Depot is delivering the range this evening. Perfect timing, me in agony and all is going to pot.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#125 of 127 Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Going out to cracker barrel tonight (its crazy because its payday. everyone gets paid the same day around here since over 75% of the population is military) their wednesday special is just too good not to go out for though... i forget what it is exactly but if i remember correctly it has something to do with broccoli and chicken.

last two times we have gone there I have left with strong contractions.
OMG I love their chocolate coke cake. Soooooooo good. Have one for me.

#126 of 127 Old 09-15-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
OMG I love their chocolate coke cake. Soooooooo good. Have one for me.
never had it before so now ill have to!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#127 of 127 Old 09-15-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
never had it before so now ill have to!
Get it with ice cream and don't share!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page