Ouch-It hurts to walk - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas,

I've been having this pain whenever I walk for the past few days. It's right where my inner thigh meets my pelvis. It started when we got rid of our couch last Wednesday. The new couches don't arrive until tomorrow so I've been sitting more on the floor, a hard chair or my exercise ball. Did I pull groin muscles? Any idea how I can make it feel better?

Boy things keep going from bad to worse for me this pregnancy!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 10:18 PM

does it kind of burn?

When my SPD started it felt like a burning right there.

That is to say, you are far enough along now that you could get the same effect from your pelvis separating (preparing for labor and baby starting to descend) and NOT have it be SPD.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 10:23 PM

Mine doesn't burn, but I just started getting pain there too starting today.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#4 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 PM

no burning here, either, but I have been experiencing the same-ish pain. Mine is equal, and tends to crawl out after I walk around for a few minutes. Unfortunately, as soon as I sit, lie down or stand still it creeps back in. I just assumed it was the relaxin working on my pelvis. Because yours is on one side, it may be a pulled muscle. You could try to ice it. Hope it feels better soon!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#5 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, no burning, just pain. Perhaps it is a pulled muscle. I probably overdid it when I started my stretching exercises (like the tailor sit). I'm really flexible even though I haven't exercised in ages so maybe I just overstretched and pulled something.

I could try taking a bath but it's getting soooo hard to get out of the bathtub these days that's it's almost not worth it. Maybe I'll try ice as suggested.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#6 of 6 Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 PM

Is it underneath, kind of between your pubic bone and even with your vaginal opening? If so, it's probably where one of your pelvic floor ligaments attaches to the front of your pelvis. My LMT/backup doula found that spot on me and worked on it for a while because it's tight. And when I started sitting on my exercise ball more, it started to HURT. I felt like I had to walk with my foot splayed out to the side.

If you can find the tender source of that pain right on the bone and gently massage it, you'll get some relief.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page