Yay Virgos! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So from here on out we'll be having Virgo babies.

I'm so glad Ozzy has held on long enough to be a Virgo. My husband is a Virgo so obviously I'm a bit partial to them. And looking forward to having a child a bit less hot-headed than my Aries daughter, rotfl!

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 10:52 PM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I was so excited when I found out I was due in Sept not only because I could possibly have a birthday baby but that it was so likely I will have a Virgo baby!

As long as I dont have some amazingly fast labor and have her in the next 2 hours I WILL have a Virgo baby!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 PM

So what are the characteristics of Virgos?

(I guess that makes our older dd a Virgo...hadn't ever really paid attention...and sheesh...she is no walk in the park!)

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#4 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 PM

ok so tell us atrologically challlenged people about virgo's!

DS2 was born 8/24 so i assume he's a virgo as well... he's our little charmer.. does that go with the whole "virgo" thing?

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#5 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:11 PM

Yeah, I'm curious too! Thinking of my friends who are Virgos, they seem to be, ummm, high maintenance?? I hope that's just my friends...

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#6 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 PM

yep 8/24 is a Virgo

As a Virgo myself what Ive found most things say is that Virgos are very kindhearted (but appear cold to those who do not know them), organized, logical thinking and patient.

TBH I don't really think I fit any of that most of the time LOL

Some places say Virgos are more creative, that would apply to me.
Find adapting to change hard, would apply to me.

And while I do think of myself as a logical thinker, organized I am NOT... and I don't think I'm more kindhearted than the next person... and definitely not very patient at times (though I try!)

Having looked into it more though

Quote:
It is rare to find the stereotypical nitpicky, exacting, "clean freak" in modern-day Virgos. Although the sign of Virgo has evolved with the times, there are some unmistakable traits that remain. Virgo people are generally respectable, hard-working individuals who have a love of knowledge and know-how.
Haha sooooo applies to me. Not really respectable or hard working but yes I have a major love for knowledge and know-how.

That was from http://www.cafeastrology.com/zodiacvirgo.html which actually gives the best description of myself as a Virgo Ive ever read.

Things in it that apply to me -
Love of knowledge
Feeling of incompleteness when there is nothing to do
Hypochondria (okay so I don't have like obsessive hypochondria but I do have tendency to be a bit of a hypochondriac!)
Quite concerned with health matters (which is why I'm opting for a home birth, partially!)
Quote:
Virgos tend to be too hard on themselves. They worry about their health, their performance at work, all the things they haven't done, and the emails that might be waiting for them while they are away from their computer. When they're not feeling well, they can be overly critical and nervous. They fuss around, have a whole slew of assorted little complaints, and throw small tantrums.
Haha OMG I need to stop reading this its a little creepy.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
As a Virgo myself what Ive found most things say is that Virgos are very kindhearted (but appear cold to those who do not know them), organized, logical thinking and patient.
That's very much my husband.

There ARE differences between male signs and female signs.

Some links:

http://www.novareinna.com/constellation/virgochild.html

http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zo...igns/virgo.htm

From knowing a lot of Virgos (my husband, my mom, and my childhood best friend for starters), they tend to be straight-forward and honest people, which I love. Can be a bit oversensitive and not take criticism too well. Overthinking / overanalyzing at times (well, he says I underanalyze because he's wrong). But extremely loyal, kind, highly developed sense of right and wrong. Basically just sweet quirky people, haha. I love 'em.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#8 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:25 PM

This will be my second Virgo (unless of course he stays in until it switches again in a month... which I hope he doesn't ).

My oldest was born August 30th. To be honest I don't really know about Virgo traits but I do have a couple of family members whom I adore that are Virgos (and only one I really don't) so I'm excited to have another

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#9 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mae--

Quote:
Virgos tend to be too hard on themselves. They worry about their health, their performance at work, all the things they haven't done, and the emails that might be waiting for them while they are away from their computer. When they're not feeling well, they can be overly critical and nervous. They fuss around, have a whole slew of assorted little complaints, and throw small tantrums.
ROTFL oh my lord yes. This is so my husband. That's kind of what I mean with the "overthinking"... it's like he'll worry about things that to me are stupid unnecessary things to worry about, and I'm always saying that he's reading too deep into a situation and he shouldn't be stressing about it.

#10 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 PM

well this is fun! i see some of those features in DS2 but not all of them.. of course he is only 3.. or will be on tuesday.. lol. though i looked up my other kids astrology signs and i have to say.. my ds3 is his sign (scorpio) to a T... and that is sort of creepy but neat at the same time!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#11 of 26 Old 08-22-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Mae--

ROTFL oh my lord yes. This is so my husband. That's kind of what I mean with the "overthinking"... it's like he'll worry about things that to me are stupid unnecessary things to worry about, and I'm always saying that he's reading too deep into a situation and he shouldn't be stressing about it.
My hubby does the same!

Im reading the sun virgo thing to him and he is cracking up because it like... ALL applies to me!

Im going to Gemini next to creep him out =P

#12 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 02:32 AM

I'm a Virgo, 8/26, but I don't feel like one AT ALL. I had my mom's friend who is a great astrologer do my natal chart and she found that I was Taurus rising (or something) and it clicked like, hooooollly Taurus, yes. Everything made sense. If this baby comes from one day before her due date or after, she'll be a Libra. I don't care either way, I click well with both Libras and Virgos, the only people I tend to have trouble with are Pisces (i.e., my mom).

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#13 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 03:53 AM

I don't know that I know any Virgos, but I like what I hear. It's an earth sign and so is DD (Capricon)...I don't know what that means for their relationship...equally stubborn and decided perhaps...
But with DH being water (pisces) and me being SUCH A LEO (fire), it seems like a pretty balanced family element wise. I don't know so much about it but I find it fun.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#14 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 07:50 AM

Just found this: http://www.babycenter.com.au/horoscopes/virgo/

while reading my week 38 newsletter.
At the bottom you can put in your families signs and see how you all get along. I need to dig something to eat out of the fridge, then I'm going to check it out.

and 2 rescued greyhounds
#15 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Heh, here's me and my husband:

Quote:
Your kids aren't going to be able to pull any fast ones on you two. You're too attentive and serious about this whole parenting business. You'll discuss your goals, lay out the rules, and be diligent about enforcing them.

The Virgo parent may be a perfectionist, expecting a lot from yourself and your children. Those high standards can have a double edge: Yes, your kids will strive to live up to your elevated expectations, but they may never feel good enough for you. Trot out your kinder, gentler side and regularly express your love and affection for your children.

The Scorpio mum or dad intuitively understands the children and feels deeply connected to them. You, too, must strive to be open with your kids, showing them your love and concern. It's easy for you to hide out emotionally. Don't distance yourself: Jump right in!
Seems like it's addressed more to him...

But THIS cracked me up so bad...

Quote:
You may laugh from time to time at your Aries child's brash independence, which she displays from such a young age. She certainly inherited your passion! Hers doesn't run as deep as yours though, and even when she's at the height of a temper tantrum, you're the one in control of the situation.

Do expect tantrums because your little Aries isn't afraid of conflict, and she's honest and upfront enough to say just what she thinks. You, on the other hand, are more complex than that. In an argument, you tend to hold back what you really feel and express only what you think will achieve your goals. Do try to be open and honest with your little one though, as she isn't likely to understand your complicated nature. And don't try too hard to control this child! She needs her freedom.
This is so spot on... at 16 months even. She's such a funny kid.

#16 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 AM

DP & me
Quote:
It would be a real challenge to find a parenting team as sensible, practical, and serious as you two. You readily agree on the goals you share for your family and are a united front in making and enforcing rules. You and your children can thrive in such a structure as long as you're not too rigid, which can produce more rebellion in your children than you'd otherwise see.

The Virgo parent will handle most of the details of housekeeping, making appointments, and overseeing homework and school projects. You're at your best when attending to these areas of life, striving for perfection.

The Capricorn mum or dad focuses on working and providing financial support. You will teach your children about responsibility and commitment. Don't forget to express your love and support frequently, so they are equally acquainted with your softer side.
DP is the Virgo... and I'm pretty sure they have our roles reversed here. Maybe, when Baby gets older, DP will be the one cleaning the house and making the appointments!

Father & Son
Quote:
Like you, your Virgo child is practical, grounded and self-contained from an early age. A bit reserved, you both tend to hang back, especially in chaotic or unfamiliar situations, so you may spend most of your time at home together. You're both quite comfortable with routine, so keep your little Virgo on a schedule with meals and bedtime, and when he's a little older, with homework and chores. Of course, you'll rarely have to remind him to clean his room. Like you, he's naturally orderly, and he'll likely meet or exceed your expectations in cleanliness.

However, if he does fall short of your standards, try not to be too critical. Your Virgo child takes advice well, but finding fault is one habit you should try not to pass on, especially since he has that tendency himself. You both need to learn that there's such a thing as "good enough".
My DP?!? Naturally orderly and clean?!? Far from it!

Mother & Son
Quote:
Your Virgo child takes after you in so many ways. He's grounded and practical, even as a youth, and he appreciates the well-ordered, stable home life you provide. He thrives in a structured environment, which feeds his preference for symmetry and organisation. You notice and appreciate early on the way your little Virgo keeps his room clean and helps out with the housework, often without being asked. All of that is wonderful, but who brings the humour to your lives?

You and your child are both mature for your age, perhaps overly so. You're both emotionally reserved, and you respond more to practical concerns than to emotional appeals. If there's no one around to lighten the mood and remind you to relax and - gasp! - play once in a while, life in your house could get pretty serious.
DP brings the humor! We bring it out in each other, actually. Get two serious signs together and it tends to either lighten the mood (or they drive each other batty)

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#17 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 AM

I'm due for a Libra and am debating on what I'd rather have.. Besides loving the idea of not going to 40 weeks (due on 9/26) I only know a few people who are either Virgo or Libra and I'm really not a fan of any of them but I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything.. DD and DF are gemini's and I"m a Pisces. I was thrilled that DD was a gemini and not a taurus like she was supposed to be. But otherwise I'm not too partial. I have a computer program that calculates out natal charts really interesting stuff.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
#18 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 PM

I told my bff that any day after the 22nd would work because I'll be damned if I'm giving birth to a Leo. I'm a Cancer and that's just a disaster waiting to happen!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#19 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 12:25 PM

My DD is a Cancer... Im a Virgo and we get along really well!

But yeah, cant imagine DD and Mae getting along very well if Mae had been a Leo!

Some of my best friends are Leos... but we clash pretty hard sometimes!

#20 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
My DD is a Cancer... Im a Virgo and we get along really well!

But yeah, cant imagine DD and Mae getting along very well if Mae had been a Leo!

Some of my best friends are Leos... but we clash pretty hard sometimes!
My mother's a Leo.. it isn't pretty.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#21 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 02:09 PM

So I read this title reeeaaallyy fast and though it said "Yay Virgins!" and thought huh?! aren't we all pregnant??

guess i'm a little tired.

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
#22 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjtc View Post
So I read this title reeeaaallyy fast and though it said "Yay Virgins!" and thought huh?! aren't we all pregnant??

guess i'm a little tired.
Hahahahahaahahaha, that would be a bit confusing...

#23 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I'm a Virgo, 8/26, but I don't feel like one AT ALL. I had my mom's friend who is a great astrologer do my natal chart and she found that I was Taurus rising (or something) and it clicked like, hooooollly Taurus, yes. Everything made sense. If this baby comes from one day before her due date or after, she'll be a Libra. I don't care either way, I click well with both Libras and Virgos, the only people I tend to have trouble with are Pisces (i.e., my mom).

Our birthdays are on the same day!!!!

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

#24 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM

My little one is due on the 22nd which I see is the cusp. I actually didn't know what my kids were. My dd is a virgo and she actually does fit the description and the parent child relationship with capricorn and virgo was very true. I have an eqasy time relating to my dd and my dh does have a hard time understanding her and especially being patient with her. My ds is a libra which this one can be if they are born late. It did actually describe him and the parent child realtionship part was true too. I do have a harder time relating to him and undersranding him. He is different than me. My dh does have an easier time with my ds than me. I don't usually go by horoscopes but it was interesting how close it was with the descriptions. I hope this little one ends up a virgo. I don't know if I can handle two libras.

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10
#25 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 04:51 PM

My mom, my dad and I are ALL Leos. That wasn't pretty.

The horoscope link for DH and I isn't working (Pisces/leo). It comes up as child/child. Bummer.

and 2 rescued greyhounds
#26 of 26 Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
Our birthdays are on the same day!!!!

Everyone keeps asking me what I want or what I want to do. I'm like...nothing! I'm too big and uncomfortable and I can't drink and no clothes will fit me and just leave me alone. That's going to be my next answer, "To sleep as late as I want and not work and eat some good food and then HAVE THE BABY."

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page