Things to not forget! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So- I was sitting here thinking that I didn't need to pack a hospital bag, when I remembered that although I'm not going to the hospital I'm going to the birth center. AND much less will be provided, whoops!

I also forgot about nursing bras, for some reason. And little tiny nail clippers.

And, this is not forgetting but indecisiveness on my part... I don't have a car seat yet, 37 weeks and no car seat to bring baby home. Did I mention I'm a car seat tech?

What things are languishing on your to-do list? What things do you still need to gather/find/buy? What do we need to remind each other not to forget?

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 12:58 AM

ooh...tiny little nail clippers! THANK YOU!

(I can't believe they won't let you borrow a pair of these in the hospital...our first babies came home with so many sad scratches on their faces!)

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 08-23-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
37 weeks and no car seat to bring baby home.
Me tooooo! But Im having a homebirth so hoping we dont NEED it for a while after shes born... but Id rather have it before shes born! We can buy it either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Crib. I dont have a crib! Our bed is NOT big enough to cosleep so we will be sidecarring her crib... but uh... we NEED the crib to do that!

Our bedroom is not clean which is reason #1 why we do not have the crib. DH is supposed to be in here cleaning it right now and hes not. Im about to get up and go hunt him down.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 AM

I don't have my bag ready yet and we just got our car-seat today. No crib yet, but we do have a bassinet.

I am 38 weeks, so I know I really need to get that bag together.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

Old 08-23-2010, 03:46 AM

Just bought the car seat (Chicco Keyfit) and the pack n play/bassinet this weekend. We have a crib but it won't fit in our room, so we'll hold off until we're ready to have the baby share dd's room. I do want some type of black nursing top/sports bra so that I'm not topless or see through in the hospital jaccuzzi (I did actually care about modesty last time I was in labor so I might this time, too). Don't have a bag packed, either, but I might just wait until labor starts to pack it so I have something to do. I just want one coming home outfit for the baby, something comfy for me, the top, a camera, protein bars, toothbrush, deodorant.

I'm waiting until later to buy everything else for baby like a ring sling, more clothes, possibly a swing. We'll see.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 08-23-2010, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Uhm.. I have nothing ready, so I need to not forget everything. Whoops. I haven't even gone through anything to see what's missing. I washed the newborn clothes once and sorted the ones with stains but haven't done anything since that.

I think I need:
lansinoh
the earth mama angel baby nipple ointment
manual pump
washable breast pads
cord clamp
bulb syringe
warmer newborn clothes/long sleeve stuff

I'm a major pregnancy-slacker this time around and I've been taking out all my nesting energy on knitting non-baby related items (so totally useless). I will be stalking this thread for inspiration.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:30 AM

belly binder!
baby nail clippers!

...and I guess I'll find out about the other stuff when the time comes that I need it. Or I can just keep an eye on this thread and try to make mental notes.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM

-install car seat
-buy some diapers
-set up co-sleeper and wash sheets
-wash some baby clothes
-pack hospital bag for me and baby (including nursing bras, breast pads, Breastfriend nursing pillow and Lansinoh)
-finish unpacking house after move
-present for DD from baby
-Set up and clean breast pump and make sure it still works

I don't remember needing nail clippers right away but we do have some we still use for DD so I guess I'll throw them in the hospital bag.

Do I need to buy new parts for my Medela breast pump or just throw them in the dishwasher maybe?

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10

User Tag List