giving birth is all i can think about?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-25-2010, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i feel like i'm slowly going insane over here.. i dont think i have ever been this obsessed with when labor/birth was/is going to happen.. i can't get it out of my head and it's driving me crazy! i mean we got some awesome news yesterday and i can't even focus on it......

We moved back to AZ in April as my DH was getting out of the Air Force.. he got a temp job working nights and we have been barely scraping by.. we had given my mom (who owns the house we live in) 8k from savings (all of our savings) for rent for the year.. so we havent had to pay that but we dont always have money for bills/groceries with this temp job... well.. yesterday out of the blue we get a call from a company that DH worked with in AK when he was in the military and they have a job opening here and offered it to him.. it litterally makes tripple what he is making now and they want him to start in 1-2 weeks... AWESOME right?! i am super excited about it and it should be consuming all my thoughts right now.. BUT it's NOT i can't stop thinking about frickin labor! i need help/advice... lol i'm only 37w5d but the longest i've gone is 38w2d and i just keep thinking she is going to stay in longer than that and i'm going to go insane.. lol.. help.

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 AM

well, maybe you should be thinking about labor? lol that sounds like a big stressful move to happen so soon around having a baby? or am i reading that wrong.. either way, congrats to your DH!!!

I have been very obsessive lately but not about labor/birth.. i think i'm trying to distract myself, ive been obsessing about where my DD will go to school NEXT year.. she just started pre-K yesterday and i'm obsessively researching kindergarten programs.. seems pretty silly, doesn't it? maybe its just how our minds work right now.. obsessing.. lol

i think i will be more obsessed about labor when i get closer.. right now, i'm 37 weeks and my DS was born at 41 weeks and my DD at 39.. i think i will start the hard core 'when/where??" stuff at around 39 weeks ..

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM

I feel like I'm watching my own pot. I can't concentrate on anything. I just keep sitting here waiting on my body. And I'm not even term yet, I'm just past where I was when I delivered my first child.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 AM

Congrats on the new job for your DH, forumyonly1!

That said: I totally get how you feel. I am just what Kelly said: watching my own pot. The last couple of days I have convinced myself to get some work done and go out into the world and run a few errands. This morning I took a walk, not because I was desperate to start true blue labor (though I am) but because it was nice outside (amazing!). But seriously, distracting myself is killing me, too.

I get hopeful at every horrible sensation in my body, hoping it will soon spread and last (masochist!) and I'll get a baby out of it. I'm 39 weeks today and if I hadn't started all the prodromal labor last week, I really wouldn't expect to be having Baby until at least due time based on family history...but now I am going out of my MIND! Hang in there; I think almost to a person, we are now the most miserable DDC on MDC! Waiting...enormous...exhausted.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I am completely obsessed and I had a minor breakdown this morning. Alot of my friends were all due around the same time and the last one had her baby just 2 hours ago. I'm the only one left!!! So frustrating.

And I'm still "early." I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. But I contract all the time and obsess over whether it was "just" a BH contraction or if it's the real thing. I just want this baby out. And I told myself I would be more patient
Old 08-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Oh yeah, it's getting tough to concentrate on anything else. And I have to get through today and tomorrow at work! As you can see (with me hanging out on MDC), I'm not getting much done there. Ugh.

3 friends were 3-5 weeks ahead of me in their pregnancies and now they have all had their babies, so I get the "last one left" feeling, too. It's my turn now and suddenly I have news that the baby went breech (at 35 weeks!) and I'm starting to go prodromal... and everyone keeps telling me that my belly looks like baby has really dropped. No! No dropping until she gets back into position! Argh.

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Oh I'm totally there. My meal prep and grocery shopping is totally planned with "well if I go into labour today" thoughts. Every painful contraction I look at the clock to try to see some kind of pattern. I'm constantly feeling baby's position to try to determine if it is more labour friendly than its favoured posterior position and exactly how low the head is. So yes I would say I'm a bit obsessed.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 PM

I'm a bit obsessed too. I just paid all my bills early, just in case.... All my freezer meals are ready and birth supplies. I'm just waiting........I probably won't have my baby until labor day weekend, but I can't help hoping I have it earlier. I'm 37 weeks and a few days now.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies! it's nice to know that if i am crazy obsessed at least i'm not alone!!

it SO does not help when i get tons of different people saying things like .. "you know, today would be a really great day to have the baby.." i just want to smack them... yeah ANY day would be a great day to have the baby at this point.. that doesnt mean its going to happen today.. lol

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)

User Tag List