Are you ready? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not... I remember being much more prepared at this point with DD and DS. Of course, they came at 41wk4d and 40wk exactly, so I fully expect to have at least 2 more weeks (I'm 37wk4d). Maybe it's school starting too, or this being my third, I don't know. I'm feeling so unprepared! My last two were winter babies, and I think it was easier to focus on nesting when I didn't have a crop of tomatoes starting at me, or a garden that needs weeding, or a 6 year old that I need to get ready for first grade!

I don't have a car seat, I haven't washed the baby clothes, I don't have newborn diaper covers, or the other dozen newborn dipes I was going to order. The co-sleeper is still at my in-laws where it was being stored, I haven't bought the rocking chair we were going to get yet. I have like 26 projects I wanted to finish up, and suddenly, I'm full term, and thinking crap! I have to seriously prioritize, who knows what's going to be able to be accomplished, or how long I have to go.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#2 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 10:48 AM

got our car seat yesterday.

Still nowhere for Mae to sleep after she comes, since our beds not big enough for one adult let alone two and a baby.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 AM

I'm feeling pretty good. I need to re-install the girls' carseats and put the infant seat base in. That I'm not looking forward to-- hate seatbelt installs! AND my DDs will be next to each other, so more refereeing for me. Other than that, he can come now!

Oh, and I guess I do need to get the swing and PNP out of the basement. I *need* the PNP for my 1st floor changing station.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 AM

Materially ready for baby? Yes. Carseat is in the car, diapers are washed and ready to go, clothes are organized.

Materially ready for labor? No. Haven't packed my labor bags. Haven't pre-registered at the hospital.

Mentally ready for baby? No. It is still not processing.

Mentally ready for labor? Please yes. oh please. So done with being pregnant.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#5 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 AM

Yes. Everything is done.

Only thing truly left is to sterilize the towels/sheets for homebirth, but I'm still 11 days of PTL out for that to even be a possibility.

I didn't pre-register for the hospital. I am holding out hope that I don't end up there. It's my tiny pretend idea of control in the matter. I've already made it 11 days, so I can make it another 11 by sheer force of will hopefully.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
#6 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Materially ready for baby? Yes. Carseat is in the car, diapers are washed and ready to go, clothes are organized.

Materially ready for labor? No. Haven't packed my labor bags. Haven't pre-registered at the hospital.

Mentally ready for baby? No. It is still not processing.

Mentally ready for labor? Please yes. oh please. So done with being pregnant.
This is basically us, though I don't feel as mentally ready for labor.

I agree...winter babies (we've had three...four if you count prep for dd's arrival) are a lot easier to prepare for. Summer is so wonderfully distracting and busy.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#7 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 11:24 AM

Nope, not ready.

But we are at a place where we could successfully "wing" it.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#8 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 11:33 AM

I'm ready as far as stuff.

My bag is packed.
We have all we need (clothes, diapers, gear)
I have meals prepared
I have numbers and backup childcare
I preregistered at the hospital

I think that every day I become more mentally ready to have a baby and my love of pregnancy is starting to wane. I am 38 weeks today- so I think that is normal and it is a good time to start the process of saying goodbye to pregnancy (possibly for the last time ever- which is one reason I have been holding onto it for so long) and hello to a baby. I hope that by the time the next 2 weeks are over that I'll be completely mentally ready for a baby and though I don't want to resent being pregnant, I want to be ready to let it go.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#9 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 AM

Pretty much ready.

To borrow Kelly's list:

Definitely materially ready (although I'm hoping baby holds off until we get our ring sling!).

Kind of materially ready for labor. Some stuff is in a bag (which needs to be switched out), some stuff is piled on the bag, and some stuff still needs to be packed. And I need to upload a bunch of songs to put on my iPod for labor.

Not really mentally ready for baby. She's my first, so I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how much will change...

Not really mentally ready for labor, either, but I think that's because I've never done it before! I am kind of excited to see just what my body can do, so I guess that means I'm sort of getting mentally ready for labor...

(Lots of "kind ofs" and "not reallys" here...can you tell I'm hedging on all of these? )

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#10 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ready, Ready, Ready! I can't wait to meet this little one.

I am a bit nervous about how DD will do with baby. This morning she was nursing and saying that one side was for her and one side for the baby..... I am not sure she is going to be so good about sharing both sides with baby first... then having a chance to nurse herself.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#11 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 12:30 PM

Yup, a million percent ready. There are things I refuse to buy until after the baby is born, but we've got the car seat and bassinet, so I have nothing left to do.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#12 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 PM

This post just motivated me to go work on the hospital bag and the baby's clothes! I pulled the 0-3 month clothes from the attic and organized them, and put a few more items in the hospital bag.

Tonight I am going to an awesome consignment sale, where I hope to get a few last minute items! We have just a few things left on our to do list.

I am definitely ready for baby to be out, but definitely not ready to deal with the reality of having two little ones, with a high needs DS1 (2.5). But, I don't think I will ever really be ready for that...so I guess my attitude is, bring it on! I'd say by next week (37 weeks) we'll be ready! DH, on the other hand, wants to get as much done at work as he can before baby comes, so is rooting for this dude to stay in! lol!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#13 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

OK, so baby clothes are in the washing machine and I'm meeting DH to buy the car seat and the last of the cloth diaper stuff after work! Plus, on the way home we are stopping to get the co-sleeper that has been stored at his parents. I feel INFINITELY better to have started checking this stuff off the list. I'm going also going to clean out the crib (it's been storing the baby stuff) and start to put those things away today.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

#14 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM

Not even a little bit!

Have:
Pack N play so I have a place to put baby down
a few clothes
Diapers 2 dozen ish.. could use more

Still need
Apt painted (will buy paint on the first!)
Bouncy chair or swing something I can use if baby is awake and I need to put her down
onesies and sleepers
More diapers
Car seat
breast pads! Almost forgot those.
to feed the freezer. I'll do a big grocery shopping on The 4th and prep meals 4th and 5th.

Baby will sleep in my bed so that's a non issue..

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#15 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM

Yes we're ready but not impatient yet. I'll be 39 weeks on Monday (or due on Tuesday according to the u/s) but I'm thinking Thursday/Friday next week.
I promise to be mentally ready next Wednesday...I've always been a procrastinator.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#16 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 04:52 PM

I'm ready but I'm glad to have more time just wish my bad wouldn't hurt just from sitting up too long.

I have everything I need for the baby, but still want to work on a few sewing projects while I have the time.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
#17 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 PM

No.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#18 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 07:08 PM

I will be after tomorrow.

DHs mom ordered our crib!

(and omg that was NOT a cheap present on her part I am SO grateful for it! its a Rockland "Heirloom" crib... one of those that converts into toddler bed and eventually a full size bed!)

We dont know when we will get it, but knowing its coming helps my mind out.

but I cant have her tomorrow. Tomorrow is my nephews birthday and the day I was due with the baby I lost. No.

However, the 27th is DHs Nanas birthday. Oh shed love that.

And the 1st is my brothers fiancees

and if we have her any time between now and the 2nd other than the 26th, 27th and 1st... she wont share her birthday with ANYONE I know!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#19 of 26 Old 08-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm sorta ready. Except for being 35 weeks and waiting on the mail.

House is clean enough to go into labor. Baby clothes are sorted and washed, although there are some pieces we need - just a pack of long sleeve onesies. Several big things are on their way in the mail (including the car seat & birth pool). Freezer has a fair amount of food, if not a lot of variety.

I still need/want some things for labor. Nothing major. And need to mentally sort out some logistics - like how to protect the carpet on the stairs and if setting up the birth pool a flight of stairs away from the bathroom is a stupid idea.

I think that is it? Mentally, I'm totally ready for labor and to have another little one. I feel like my body is starting the end of pregnancy fall apart and I would much rather get this over with while I can still manage my life. I will, however, be keeping this baby in at least 3 more weeks until my inlaws leave. Oh yes. They're coming right AFTER I hit 37 weeks. Boo. So, this baby can come any time after Sept 13th prefereably sooner than later.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#20 of 26 Old 08-26-2010, 12:49 AM

So. Screaming. Ready.

Everything is washed and put away. Thank you notes are written. Car seat is installed in car. Birth kit at the ready. Fresh pedicure! High-protein meal ingredients in freshly-cleaned fridge. Plenty to eat and drink in the house. Almost out of PUPPP soap (not mentally prepared to order another bar, but still adding itchy marks almost daily!). Maternity clothes not fitting. Ankles swelling.

Even our bed is all set up with plastic under the sheets because we thought I was going into labor last Friday.

Baby at a +1 station as of Monday. Baby, come OUT! Mommy and Daddy could not be more ready!!!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#21 of 26 Old 08-26-2010, 01:19 AM

I think so... Almost. Still have to get a hospital bag ready, but really wanting to wait on that so I have something to do during early labor. I don't want to head out the door until I am almost ready. The less time we spend at the hospital, the better.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#22 of 26 Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I feel way better. I just focused on baby prep today. Washed and put away clothes, diapers and blankets. Finished setting up space in DD's room for baby. Finally bought car seat! And a few last things, like a good nursing bra and a few more diaper covers. Still need to pack bag for birth center and get a diaper bag but I'm able to fall asleep feeling WAY better (which is good because I've had contractions all day long...).

#23 of 26 Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 AM

My BABY is at SCHOOL!

I am so ready. Hear that Miss Mae? COME OUT! Mommy is lonely!

#24 of 26 Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

My BABY is at SCHOOL!

I am so ready. Hear that Miss Mae? COME OUT! Mommy is lonely!
LOVE the pictures!!! So adorable!!!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#25 of 26 Old 08-26-2010, 10:28 AM

i am on #3 and it has been MUCH harder to get ready this time.. i have made lists and assigned due dates and its not really helping!! i did get the clothes washed and all that ..the bare min. is done .. but the house is not how i want it and the carseat is not installed.. my list is still a mile long.. the garden and school starting really has thrown me off too!

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#26 of 26 Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM

We're still waiting to get a minivan...our current vehicle won't hold all of us once this babe arrives. LOL! Well, it might wait until the new year...we'll see.

I'm also still finishing my food prep. Today is 'make granola day' and I've got a batch in the oven right now. I love granola! So does DH and the kids. I've got to make lots!

Otherwise, it's mostly house maintenance now...keep it tidy. Keep the stuff in the birth kit in the birth kit. Mow the lawn. That kind of thing. Oh, and I'm crocheting some newborn hats today so that the first thing baby wears his mama made him.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page