those of us due REALLY soon, how are we doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 39+3 today... and not feeling so awesome. I've got swelling and I had to take off my last ring today. At my appointments everything has been fine, but I'm so ready for this kiddo to arrive... my mom gets here tomorrow to help out so I just hope I can make it through the day with a smile on my face. I don't think I do end of pregnancy well!

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#2 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 12:34 PM

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. I'm feeling ok physically. No swelling, some pelvic pain, trouble sleeping, LOTS of contractions. But emotionally I'm losing it.

I just dropped my oldest off for his first day of Jr. High today and I've been crying all morning. Alot of my friends were pregnant and due around my due date and the last one had her baby this morning. I'm feeling so emotional. I just want to go into labor!!!!
#3 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 PM

I'm 38+5 today, and while I feel pretty great physically, I am turning into a mess. I am so restless, and even though I have been sleeping great the last few days, I'm still tired. However, the pelvic pain I was having is pretty much gone - guess baby decided to reposition.

My first came at 38 on the dot, so I feel overdue. When I was still working, it felt like this baby was going to arrive even earlier. But I went on disability at 36w, and ta-da... things calmed down. Which was the whole point of starting leave, but... I want to have the baby! And I feel slightly (irrationally) guilty that I took off work during such a crazy busy time and it is looking more and more like I'll go all the way to 40. But whatever... with #1 I was in labor at work, and there was NO WAY I was risking that again.

Sigh. I think I'll go read Birthing From Within and try to get my body into a labory mood. I want to meet my son.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#4 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 PM

I'm 39 weeks today and doing well. This is my first, so I have nothing to compare to and expect to have baby late, even though I've felt all along that she would be born today. Physically I've been doing really great, but the last few days have brought raised red welts on my lower belly that itch like mad! All day long I find myself thinking, "I'm not a pitcher, I'm a belly itcher! I'm not a catcher, I'm a belly scratcher!" But at least that makes me smile.

I'm done working at the end of this week and really, really looking forward to that, then either I'll have some time to rest and relax and finish up things at home, or I'll have a baby, and either way it will be good!

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#5 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 02:59 PM

39+5 today and really wanting this baby out. I shouldn't be complaining because physically I'm not doing too bad. For some reason my spd has really improved in the last couple weeks (yay chiro). I have some swelling in my feet and mainly at the end of the day. I'm still wearing my wedding ring which is a first for me at this point in my pregnancy.
I'm tired, prodromal, and moody. My patience level is zip and I just want these contractions to turn into the real thing.
I'm trying to be okay with going over because I have both previous times. My primary midwife is off from the Thurs to Mon of labour day weekend and while I also love my secondary I have a longer established relationship with my primary and I'm being greedy and want them both there.
I'm 3cm dilated stretchy to 4 and I was willing and ready for a s&s on Monday but my cervix was way too soft for her to hook on her finger so even that was a no-go.
C'mon baby!

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#6 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm not as far along as any of you (37wk6d), but wow...has it struck anyone else how long our ddc's babies seem to be staying in? No preemies with issues, and now it seems like most people are making it to term or more.... pretty incredible.

Wishing you all labor vibes (when and if you want them )!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#7 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
.has it struck anyone else how long our ddc's babies seem to be staying in? No preemies with issues, and now it seems like most people are making it to term or more.... pretty incredible.
That is pretty awesome And I'll take the labor vibes. I am really hoping for a spontaneous labor (due to past medical occurrences, it's not an awesome idea for ME to go too far overdue... and I'm in agreement with my doc). If I don't have this baby spontaneously I will be looking at an induction hopefully within a few days of my EDD...

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#8 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I will be 39 tomorrow and I am feeling pretty ready. I live in San Diego, and while the weather is mild compared to some, there has been a terrible heat wave the last week or so. Temps into the 100s and I have no A/C. That is making me sad.

I have been super super active this whole pregnancy and I didn't feel like doing anything yesterday and not going to get a work out in today, so that is making me sad.

I am feeling ready to have this baby. I am excited about my HB and knowing the gender!

Physically, I feel pretty great. HOT and a little tired, but overall, much less pregnant than 39 weeks.

We will see how much longer this baby stays in.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#9 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM

ROM, that's an excellent point!

Here's hoping that our DDC stays blessed and healthy.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#10 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 05:32 PM

I'm 39+1 and almost to the point of really really wanting baby out. Our last was born at 41+3, so I still have a while before I hit that mark. Last night after a long walk and sex I got TONS of prodromal labor. I knew in my gut it wasn't the real thing, but I totally couldn't sleep. I was WAY grouchy, and tried doing my hypnobabies and couldn't because my 2YO woke up screaming in the middle of it and was almost inconsolable (night terrors?). So that was a pain. Then hubby snored like crazy, then I couldn't get comfortable, then any position I was in, I felt like the baby insisted on using my bladder as a punching bag, and the only way I was comfortable was a laying on my stomach almost/side, but that was the most annoying for the contractions. So, when 2AM hit, I had half a beer and shortly there after went to sleep. We've already talked with our MWs about if I go into labor before bed at night, I"m having a glass of wine and a bath to calm things down to sleep, and then pick things up in the morning.

Well, this morning, nothing.... So, we have a plan on Friday night to get a sitter, have all night together, and the next morning, and get things going again the same way....and not stop it this time, but encourage it.

Last birth, we went into labor at 5pm, and labored all night, all the next day, and he was born (by CS due to exhaustion and ignorance) the next morning. So, we're trying to avoid that.

SIGH, so glad others feel as I do!
#11 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 06:08 PM

I am 38w5d and I would like to give birth soon. My doc took me out of work last week due to high BP. They are monitoring me, I have 4 appts this week. Yesterday appt's they told me they think he's about 7-lbs now... so even more I hope to give birth soon.

Although with all that said, I still need to pack my bag. LOL

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#12 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm 38.2 and feeling good. Like Litchick I thought things were going to happen earlier but as soon as I stopped working (last week), my body just relaxed back into pregnancy. I have next week as my goal. I'll really start looking for signs on Wednesday and if I make it through next weekend I'll be surprised.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#13 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 06:52 PM

I'm 38 weeks today so I don't know if that is "really" soon or not...

but I'm hoping it is

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#14 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM

I'm also 38 weeks today! So yeah, I don't know if that counts as soon...but I'm actually feeling really good. I think it's that last burst of nesting energy (that, and the chiro helping my hips and back). I'm completely convince that baby isn't coming until around 40 weeks, so I'm resigning myself to waiting for her for a bit longer.

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#15 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 08:17 PM

39 weeks today. I'm feeling good and not quite ready to have the baby just yet, but what I am tired of is all the phone calls and questions of "have I had the baby yet". I have one friend who made me promise not to have the baby before she got back from vacation tomorrow and she's called me 3 times and left numerous facebook posts asking if I'm having the baby yet and to tell me to keep my legs crossed. I know she means well, but it's really freakin annoying. Hubby called from work on Sat and Sun asking if I was having the baby. Dude, if you're not home you're the FIRST person I'm calling! And my mom even called today to ask if anything was happening to the baby. Yeah, she's third on the to call list. I won't forget! Then everyone else just seems to be watching me as if I will burst into labor at any second...

Ok, thanks for letting me get that all out! I feel better now

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#16 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 PM

I agree with ROM! Every time I feel like complaining I remind myself how much easier it is growing this baby in my belly rather than time in the NICU. I'm so happy our DDC has had no NICU babies so far! Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm feeling pretty well physically other than a cold I am trying to kick before labor starts.

Jessica
Mommy to Oliver (06/06) and Pearl (09/10)
#17 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurski View Post
I'm also 38 weeks today! So yeah, I don't know if that counts as soon...but I'm actually feeling really good. I think it's that last burst of nesting energy (that, and the chiro helping my hips and back). I'm completely convince that baby isn't coming until around 40 weeks, so I'm resigning myself to waiting for her for a bit longer.
Laurski, you couldn't have put it better! I'm 38+2 but otherwise just about the same. When I saw this thread, I didn't post because I didn't think it applied to me! Heh.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#18 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM

I'm 39 weeks today and though I always expected to go at least to 40w, I am going out of my mind because of all the prodromal labor getting my hopes up. Also, my pelvis feels like it's in 2 pieces when I walk (ok, waddle). Honestly, I have no idea what is keeping this baby in, aside from his own stubbornness. His head was at a +1 station on Monday and my MW said my cervix felt like a mushy banana. Baby, come OUT!

Oh yeah so yesterday: 90 minute massage hitting labor pressure points, deluxe super-massagey pedicure, full moon, eggplant for dinner, aaaand I listened to "Baby Come Out" hypnobabies. This kid is determined!

Jenifera, totally no intention of being a downer and I could well be wrong, but your welts sound a lot like how PUPPP started with me. For your own sanity, may I recommend a $2 bar of pine tar soap (lather well on affected area and leave on for a few minutes) and a bottle of sarna? And loose clothes. I totally feel for you!

Bohemama: Yes! I always say that to my husband when he calls to check in! Dude, you will know as soon as I do! Also, WAY empathize about well-meaning friends constantly inquiring. Believe me people: you are not more eager than I am!

Geez, did I complain enough?

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#19 of 21 Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM

39 weeks 2 days and so ready for the baby to come! Physically feeling OK (especially now that temps here have cooled to the 80s) but mentally exhausted with worrying about the baby and with fighting with DH about the same old stuff again and again re:getting ready for baby and getting projects done (baby will give us new things to fight about!)

Drinking tons of RRL, doing EPO, walking a bit here and there. DH has refused to DTD with me for a couple months now so there is no help on that front. I have a chiro appointment on Friday and I think I'll ask her if she knows somewhere to go for acupressure or acupuncture. I had a $900 ultrasound/BPP (we'll have to pay 20%) on Friday and I don't want to go much longer b/c I don't want to have more of those expenses (and I know I can refuse the tests, but my anxiety-ridden self has a hard time saying no to extra ultrasounds).

DD came at 39w3d and I was convinced I'd go to 42 weeks, be induced, etc. etc. so it was a pleasant surprise. This time I was not mentally ready to go longer than 39w3d so I'm needing to adjust my expectations.

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#20 of 21 Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 AM

I saw my MW (who is an acupuncturist) today and our next appt is next Friday which puts me at 39.4 by my count (conception) and 40.3 by her count (u/s). She thinks some acupuncture would good to relax me and balance my hormones. She said it would not induce labor but could help get things going if the time was right and relaxation and a little balance was all that was needed.

Could be something for you Crafty and those who feel the. time. is. right.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#21 of 21 Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM

Crafty - No worries! I'm guessing it is PUPPP, and I went and got Grandpa's Pine Tar soap last night after reading about it online. It does seem to help! I also got some colloidal oatmeal lotion, but am not familiary with Sarna. Off to google it. Oh, and I'm keeping my belly bare as much as I can, but don't have many options at work. I'm wearing skirts and pants with waistbands that fall below my belly, but then I do have to cover my belly with a camisole to keep from showing off all that flaming red skin. They're not too tight, though, so hopefully won't be an issue. Thanks for the advice!

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page