35.5 weeks pregnant and we are MOVING!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is mostly just an "I'm freaking out" vent! I need some "stay-put" vibes for the next few weeks!! We've been looking for a different house to rent for many reasons. I was resigning myself to staying here until after the baby comes, but, alas, we found a place and we have to get ourselves moved in the next 2 weeks. We haven't packed anything because we didn't know if we'd be moving. This is going to be INSANE.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#2 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM

Gratz on finding a place! stay put baby!

Good luck, mama!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#3 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 PM

Sounds like a case for the ever-classy "throw it all in lawn and leaf bags" method of moving!

Congrats on your new place and best of luck with your move.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 PM

Congrats on finding a new place! I moved at 34 weeks and didn't do any packing. My hubby did it all. We were only moving 20 minutes away so we left our clothes in our dressers and put a lot of stuff in garbage bags/laundry baskets. I even ended up moving some dirty dishes! (But hey, I knew we'd have a dishwasher at our new place so I thought why do any more dishes by hand).

Stay put baby!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#5 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 PM

This is the perfect time to guilt your friends into doing EVERYTHING for you. Good luck! I hate moving but every time it's been worth it in the end.
#6 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yikes! Good luck. Probably better now than soon after the baby. Will you have any overlapping days in both places or is it a "pack it all and go"?

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#7 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 PM

You can do it! Just try to keep your stress down!

Because of my SPD and a few other problems, most of our packing had to be done in the 3 days before our move and cleanup had to be done within 2 days after...

but we managed!

It took a lot of work, especially on DHs part because I was on bedrest at the time for some bleeding (before finally getting another ultrasound showing that it was not from my placenta previa, which had corrected itself, I wasted a lot of time sitting around feeling helpless!)

but you can do it! Totally... 2 weeks is more than enough time!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#8 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM

Congrats on finding a new place...and lots of "stay in baby!" vibes being sent your way!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#9 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 PM

DDCC to say yay on the new place, and I ditto getting all your friends to come and help

plus stay put baby vibes!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#10 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM

I would totally use the Pity pregnant lady card here So yo have any friends/family who would be willing to help heck even for 1 or 2 hrs to pack or move things for you even arranging things for you at the new place?

Best of luck and lots of "stay baby stay"
#11 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Congrats on the new place, DoulaLMT! When I first read the subject of the thread, I thought Baby was on the move! Stay put Baby! Also, if ever there was a time to hire movers to do *everything* this is it. I would not consider it an extravagance, but an investment in sanity. Take yourself out for an iced tea while they do it, even. Good luck, Mama.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#12 of 12 Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Yikes! Good luck. Probably better now than soon after the baby. Will you have any overlapping days in both places or is it a "pack it all and go"?
Good question - and this makes a big difference! NO we have about 2 weeks of overlap, and it's literally 2 miles down the road from our current house. DH has a pickup, so we can move some stuff gradually until the "big" moving day. My parents are coming out labor day weekend, and with DH having Monday off, we should be able to have most everything moved by then. Yes, I have friends who are willing to help, and packing will be lazy at best

Thank you so much for all the well-wishes. This is such a crazy few weeks. DH was unemployed for several months until a week and a half ago when he started a new job. He has no time off and we truly can't afford for him to take ANY unpaid time off, for moving OR for a new baby. So basically he's starting a new job, we are moving, and then having a baby all within about a 6 week block of time. Not the way I'd hoped to spend the end of pregnancy, but we'll get through it.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page