Already woke the baby up... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2010, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So the baby hasn't been moving as much the last couple of days and it started to worry me a bit as I was falling asleep. I thought I would give it a few pokes just to check in. Sure enough, it is now kicking up a storm and keeping me from sleeping. I can't believe I'm still pregnant and I've already broken every parent's most important rule: never wake a sleeping baby!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 12:05 PM

LOL I do that a lot. Then regret it when he won't let me sleep.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:07 PM

DH wanted to DTD (or in his words, "Lets try to induce labor!") this morning... when he woke up.... at 4am.

I gave in (because yeah... he knew the password is "induce labor") and ended up laying in bed for a good hour or so afterward with a baby bouncing around in my belly before I could finally fall asleep again!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:23 PM

LOL! Dh's work called at 4am a couple of weeks ago... They woke up the baby and I couldn't sleep for hours!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 PM

This baby doesn't respond to pokes and prods If I eat/drink something sweet and lay on my side, though, she almost always bops around. So if she doesn't move asap when I wake up, I flip over like a fish until she starts.

I remember when DD was a newborn if she was breathing quietly (rare) while sleeping, I'd be staring at her chest to make sure it was rising and falling. Who am I kidding, I do that to this day, once in a while. And then if I can't see it, I'll put my hand on her back or chest to feel it move. It never ends!

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 08-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I remember when DD was a newborn if she was breathing quietly (rare) while sleeping, I'd be staring at her chest to make sure it was rising and falling. Who am I kidding, I do that to this day, once in a while. And then if I can't see it, I'll put my hand on her back or chest to feel it move. It never ends!
Me too. Even now. Especially in the car. I just have this paranoia about her (and shes FIVE) choking on something and me never knowing.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.

User Tag List