They stopped... boo! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After 4 or 5 hours of increasing in strength (though not closer), the whatever contractions I was having late last night and early this morning fizzled... Well.. BOO! I am hoping that it means labor is near... Today I'm going to start back up a RRL tea that's fairly strong (I may look into doing an infusion) and if they start up again, I think I'll take the cimicifuga to help my body regulate them. I thought about it last night but I couldn't get any rest and I didn't want to help my body into full blown labor on no sleep if I could help it. I asked DH to come home today so I can sleep though... I think I got 2.5 or 3 hours... I'm tired!!

Here's to hoping the contractions come back! I feel like I should have helped them along but I was so tired and going into labor so tired might not have been such a great thing...

I'm ready for baby.... Come on out baby (As I say that, watch me go post date... ugh!)!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 09:24 AM

Oh psh... you go into labor exhausted (but manage to keep food intake) your body will take care of giving you the energy you need!

but yeah, if they fizzled it wasnt the real deal, unfortunately.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:51 AM

That happened to me last time, and already a few times this time . I'll have consistent, strong contractions for 2-6 hours, then they stop. And of course it's always at night, so I don't get very good sleep . But, I would rather try to sleep through them, then get up and try to get things moving. With ds I was up from 2am-6am with "false labor" or whatever you want to call it, then slept from about 8am-11am. At 2pm I went into real labor and that lasted until 11:30am the next day. So, while I did fine with everything, I was probably more exhausted than I needed to be when I finally started active labor.

wife to DH 6/25/05, mama to DS 5/26/08 & DS2 9/1/10
Old 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Exactly me last night. I had 4-6 hours of steady BH (but they were getting a little uncomfortable). I finally fell asleep and they went away. I thought baby would come early this morning.

I am pretty darn tired and have a cranky DD (she has hand foot and mouth). It is supposed to be really hot again today and what am I going to do with the two of us????

My house needs to be cleaned and dinner cooked. Ahhhhh..... feeling overwhelmed.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 08-26-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post
I am pretty darn tired and have a cranky DD (she has hand foot and mouth).
OH NO! Your DD too?!

DHs cousin has been trying to take care of her little one with the same thing =(

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 PM

Ugh. 3am onwards, very uncomfortable contractions. When I finally got up at 8am, they got way worse, but naturally I'm making no progress and they're not even in any rhythm. Just screwing with my head making me horrifically miserable.

I am all for natural birth and natural birth processes, but this is just wrong. WRONG. Ugh. I am going to be begging for an induction at this point just to make this stop. I am on day TWELVE and the contractions have gotten WORSE as we've gone along.

I totally know how you feel. I could just scream.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:24 PM

*hugs*

Here's hoping that they are working on that cervix, so that when real labor starts you have less work to do!

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 08-26-2010, 02:59 PM

i'm so sorry they stopped... i went through something similar last week... i was excited and getting emotionally ready to meet my baby girl... and then they jsut stopped boo...... i hope the real deal happens for you asap!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
Old 08-26-2010, 05:50 PM

I had them from 9am to 9pm, roughly, yesterday. Increasing steadily in frequency and strength. I was just thinking that MAYBE something was really happening when they stopped. Urg... I've only had a couple today, nothing regular. This stuff is so annoying!!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

I'm starting to feel some of that back pressure again and some pressure down in through my pelvis... I'm not sure if I should do anything to try to keep them going this time (if they start up like last night) or just take it as it comes with the stop/start stuff. I'm hoping the cimicifuga helps it focus and make positive changes to my cervix at the very least!

Baby hasn't been as active today but I'll asume the babe is as tired from last night as I was... LOL.

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!

User Tag List