Post partum chat - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 408 Old 09-30-2010, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awww! I have tried the Moby with DS2 and no go. I think it's just too hot in AZ right now for it. DS1 liked it a lot, and I used the hip carry tons when he was bigger.

I'm finally getting the hang (kinda) of my ring sling. It's a Sleeping Baby linen, and kiddo seems to like it enough. He does fuss eventually, not sure from being hot or from wanting to move his legs.
I also just ordered a Hotsling from Nicki's Diapers (on sale for $30 - $35, since Hotslings are out of business now) on the rec of a friend. I want to wear this baby, but would love to not fuss a lot with the carrier.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#182 of 408 Old 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM

, Ami.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#183 of 408 Old 09-30-2010, 07:03 PM

I'm feeling kind of blue today. We went for Ellie's 1 month checkup (although technically more like 5 week checkup) and although the ped. (a *great* one--not like the last horrible one) said she looked great and healthy, and although she's grown 2", I was really bummed about her weight gain--she only weighs 8.8lbs, which is about 10oz more than her 8 day checkup. She eats all the time, she eats for at least 20min. at a time, my milk seems to be coming in fine, so I really thought she'd weigh more. I even breastfed for the ped while I was there, and she said that things looked good.

So it's a bit of mystery as to why she hasn't gained more. Perhaps because she's always so active and rarely naps. Anyway, we're going in next Thursday for a weight check, so hopefully she'll have gained more.

This isn't very coherent right now, but baby's fussing and the dog needs to go out. Anyway, just wanted to share, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/advice. The ped. suggested taking fenugreek, so hopefully that will help?

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#184 of 408 Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 PM

So... It rains every important day in our relationship, right?

Mae is TOO important...

this is the view from our front yard

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#185 of 408 Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM

MIL is cleaning and reorganizing my entire house. Im upset she needs to (havent been able to myself since moving in) but so grateful she is...

it was a scary looking task!!!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#186 of 408 Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurski View Post
(snip)
So it's a bit of mystery as to why she hasn't gained more. Perhaps because she's always so active and rarely naps. Anyway, we're going in next Thursday for a weight check, so hopefully she'll have gained more.

This isn't very coherent right now, but baby's fussing and the dog needs to go out. Anyway, just wanted to share, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/advice. The ped. suggested taking fenugreek, so hopefully that will help?
My advice... do NOT think about the numbers at all. Meaningless! If you have a bright, alert, active baby that feeds, wets, and poops yellow, then you have a healthy baby.
This early in the game, all you want is to make sure that your child is not losing weight. That's pretty much it. If your ped was not concerned, then you should not be either. I bet all the calories just went into those 2 inches. My DS1 always grew up, then out, and he's been lean, healthy, and crazy active since birth.

I've used the mothers milk supplement with fenugreek, and eh. Underwhelmed for the price. I've also seen on the boards here that it makes a baby gassy - and my kid is certainly that. Oatmeal seems to be the best, and I've heard good things about goat's rue.

#187 of 408 Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby~Braatens~Mama View Post
Does anyone have any good newborn burping techniques? It's been pretty much hit or miss here. Every time I think we got it, the hold doesn't work on our next attempt.
No idea. None of my boys like(d) to let me burp them. However, with dh or my mom, no problem. No idea why. Best results I've had are with them being over the shoulder, with a tap-tap-tap rub up and down, tap-tap-tap rub up and down, etc rhythm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I hate breastfeeding. I hated ep'ing, but at least it didn't hurt and didn't keep me stuck to the couch half as much. The actual feeding part was easy. I was just as bonded to dd1. I'm going to stick with it, of course, but I don't like it.

I felt like that with Stephen. It's so hard to get used to. However, I've found that it's a good thing--it FORCES you to rest. And it does get better, I promise. Just a couple more months. By then, it's not the entire day thing it is right now. Promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
This is probably TMI but when does the bleeding let up? This is my first c/s and I don't know what is normal for that.

I haven't been regularly bleeding for days, but end up bleeding a bit about once a day and I don't know if it is that I am doing too much (though I can't see how that is possible since I am barely off the couch ) or what.
This is my second c/s, and the bleeding is different. My first, I stopped at 4 days pp. And I barely had any. This time, I overheard them say they didn't get much lochia, so I'm still bleeding, 9 days out. Not much, I only need a pantyliner, but within normal. As long as it's gone by week 6, and it doesn't get heavier, it's okay. I do find that the more active I am, the more I bleed. It's hard with a toddler and a newborn, but I have to remind myself I just had major surgery and need to stay PUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

Ami--If blockfeeding isn't helping with the green poops, they also *can* indicate a food intolerance or a virus. Perhaps his fever WAS a teensy touch of a virus and that's why you're seeing green! Go mama's milk regardless And I'm thinking of you. You WILL find peace about this c/s and how you will move forward; for now just embrace your grief since that's where you are at the moment.

Good to know about the virus thing. Didn't know that. Ds had woken up earlier that day complaining of a stuffy nose. Maybe that was it? He was and is super happy as a clam though--he's gotten lots more mama milk to help relieve the engorgement than he would have otherwise. So both my boys are getting chunkified.

As for the c/s, I feel weird. I'm grieving not being able to give birth vaginally, but I also feel like it was needed to keep Elias safe. It's the dichotomy that's hard for me to wrap my mind around, kwim? I mean, if his heart rate had been fine, maybe I would have been able to VBAC after a monstrously long labor. I just feel weird that I've had 2 c/s, both for (hopefully) non-recurring reasons (one pre-e, one fetal intolerance to labor) and because of that, I will have trouble finding someone who will allow me to VBA2C. And I know it's 'premature' to worry about the next baby, but I can't do hormonal b/c. So it's condoms and spermicide, all the way. I lucked out with the spacing between Stephen and Elias. Just not looking forward to being extra vigilant on the birth control thing again. For 2 years. Anyone know of any condom super sales?

AFM--T had his 2 week ped visit yesterday. He's grown 3/4 of an inch and gained 1lb 11oz since he was 2 days old!! He's up to 10lb, 9oz now. The NP also commented on how alert he is and his head control and then chuckled about late babies--how they seem like they're a month old already. I totally agree! She gave me kudos on my VBAC as well; she had 3 c/s for her sons after breech presentation for her first. It's a shame people didn't/don't have or at least know about their options.
Wow, Great Job Mama!!! Now that's some growth. I always find it weird when the nurses comment on the alertness levels of my babes. I had a few nurses mention that while I was still in the hospital, and all the time with Stephen. I just wonder what type of babies they are used to, since both of them seem normal to me?

While I didn't have a 'late baby' the difference between a 37wkr and a 39.5wkr are HUGE. Some of it is probably personality, but some of it must just be the extra time with mama. Elias seems a lot calmer than his brother was. Maybe those extra weeks gives them more security?

As for the VBAC, it's insane how it's seen as riskier than repeat c/s. Even now. I remember everyone being shocked at me trying for a VBAC. And my OB asking if we could schedule a repeat c/s at 41 weeks if I didn't go into labor by then. Ummm, if one compares the likelihood of complications, one would run away from doing a repeat c/s unless direly necessary, kwim? Such a disconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Its fun but I really have to restrain myself some from constantly telling him how to do things because he keeps looking at me and saying I knooooow lol

but of course, when I assume he knows... he doesn't.

Hubby wore Mae again today... he loves the Moby
They look so cute together! He'll learn quick. I remember dh being like that with Stephen. But a little bit of time, with some trial and error, and soon he'll be a pro. I mean, it's not like we somehow knew how to do things with our firsts. Ahhh, the memories of the first diaper changes. Did you know that breastfed poop has the ability to travel quite a bit with great accuracy? Especially if one has just taken a shower. And has clean clothes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post
Awww! I have tried the Moby with DS2 and no go. I think it's just too hot in AZ right now for it. DS1 liked it a lot, and I used the hip carry tons when he was bigger.
It's way too hot here too, in the upper 90s/100s. The only way Elias and I am managing to stay cool is to not be on each other. Which isn't all that great, because Elias is a cuddle monkey and actually sleeps better snuggled close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
, Ami.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurski View Post

WOW, 2 INCHES???? That's a huge growth spurt, imo. With Stephen, he would chunk up, have a huge growth spurt up, which caused him to plateau in weight gain. So even though she 'only' added 10 oz, she used up a ton of calories growing lengthwise.

With Stephen, I had supply issues in the beginning. I took regular fenugreek capsules (a ton, more than is suggested on the back) and Mother's milk tea. Both boosted my supply a lot. As did oatmeal. And neither the mother's milk tea nor the fenugreek were really expensive. I'd also offer the breast at any sign of fussiness. Even if she sucks for a couple minutes, it's more stimulation.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#188 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 07:42 AM

2 weeks out from the c/s so I can finally drive again.

Of course I spent the night feeling like I was going to throw up, so I'm sure aside from taking DS to preschool that I'll be home.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#189 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 10:32 AM

Whoops, I messed up in my prev post - I used Motherlove More Milk Plus, a supplement that comes as pills or liqiud. It is expensive - about $30 for a bottle, and the bottle goes fast. That's what I've been underwhelmed with.
Mother's Milk tea is good! Tastes a bit like wet leaves, but loaded with some fantastic honey it's delish.

I always pimp my fave honey store - The Bee Folks. Seriously. If all you've ever had is clover honey from the supermarket, then you are missing out.

I'm going to make some tea now.

#190 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Bleeding started up again and I just took my DS to preschool and picked him up ? It kind of freaks me out even if it is normal so it makes me less likely to leave my couch after.

I also felt sick to my stomach today and exhausted.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#191 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 01:44 PM

Im exhausted

had our 3 day check (at 4 days lol... but all the roads were closed from flooding yesterday!)

Mae is ALREADY back to her birth weight!

Otherwise we are both doing grand. Got the birth certificate and Social Security card applied for... DH has his copy to take to DEERS on Monday to get her set up so she can be put on Tricare.

Im going to take a nap now. All I want to do is eat and sleep! (and feed baby to get some pressure off the two boulders on my chest)

#192 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 03:51 PM

Baby is 4 days old now and I'm starting to get a little cabin fever. Going to head out and run a few quick errands (with DH doing most of the going in and actually running the errand and me just along for the ride) and then maybe hang out at Grandma's house in the evening. I just can't do the whole "I just had a baby so I gotta stay home" thing for that long and since I'm allowed to nap as much as I want at Grandma's house, too, it's the next best thing to really going somewhere. Ha!

I'll be so glad when Claire's stumb falls off. Se keeps getting little bits of gunk on her clothes. I want to dress her in something cute, but I don't want anything to rub against the cord stump so all we've had her in are little wrap around t-shirts so far.

DH just got word from his boss this morning.... he asked for vacation from now until 11/5 and it was just approved! We are so thrilled! There were a few days there where we weren't sure and he was starting to get cranky and sad that he wouldn't get this time at home after saving up vacation all year just for this. So happy!

He also plans to take 6 weeks of paid FML bonding time with just him and baby after I go back to work.

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
#193 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 04:08 PM

LitChick and Ami--

Thank you so much for your kind words and wisdom! I know I'm being a crazy new mom by stressing about this (and my DH very gently said pretty much the same things you guys did, but, well, sometimes it's hard to hear reasonableness from your significant other, you know? ). I guess it's because DH and I were such chubby babies at birth, and she's been eating so much, that I just thought she'd weigh more; plus, it seems like so many babies here are gaining so much weight! If it turns out she's long and lean, I will wonder just whose baby she is, b/c she definitely won't take after DH or me!

Thanks again. I know I'm being a worrywart first time mom, so it really helps to get some reassurance!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#194 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 PM

Guess who caught the cold her hubby had last week...

During engorgement no less.

Gosh, could I get any luckier?

#195 of 408 Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 PM

That sucks Mae. But misery loves company. I caught my daughter's cold.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#196 of 408 Old 10-02-2010, 04:27 AM

Ugh. It's amazing how quickly things change. I was feeling great earlier and now this evening, the weepies have started. It was pretty much the same when DS was born... me crying at everything, mostly crying because I feel so much love for DH, DS, and DD, but also because now that I have another child, I have one more person to worry about and that just makes me feel so vulnerable. I wish that I could just sit here and cry out all these PP hormones in one big crying session and just be done with them.

#197 of 408 Old 10-02-2010, 03:50 PM

C weighs 10 pounds!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#198 of 408 Old 10-02-2010, 04:18 PM

Today... I took my first shower since the day she was born. Wow did it make me feel better!

MIL is steam cleaning our rugs so I get confined to bedroom or livingroom depending on how the wind is blowing through the house.

This morning DH freaked out because Mae had blood in her diaper. He had been warned by both midwife and myself that it would happen and was fine, but new daddy instinct saw blood and forgot what we said!

Also, today is the first day we have seen sun since Mae was born... and it is GORGEOUS outside. I really wish I were feeling up to taking a walk!

#199 of 408 Old 10-02-2010, 11:04 PM

My sweet DH got me a push present, lol. I'm always a big reader, but home nursing = I tear through books. He saw me trying to read Mockingjay one handed, and now I have a Nook! LOVE IT. I especially love that I can use it to read PDFs and EPUB files, thus so many free public domain books! And I can check out ebooks for free from my library.

Best gift for me ever!!!!!

#200 of 408 Old 10-02-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambyrkatt View Post
mostly crying because I feel so much love for DH, DS, and DD, but also because now that I have another child, I have one more person to worry about and that just makes me feel so vulnerable.
Yesssssssssss. Exactly.

Plus the horrible bf'ing issues have pretty much ruined my "babymoon" and I'm supposed to start work Monday. So much for that. Oh, I could cry all day if I wanted to.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#201 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 04:01 AM

BBM - 10 lbs is awesome! BM is a powerful thing!

MP - That first shower is such a great feeling. I just had a bath with some bath herbs for sore PP areas and it felt great! I tore a little (just superficial) and the bath is so soothing on it.

Litchick - I have a Kindle and love it! One handed reading and being able to buy a book from the comfort of my own home are so nice. I also load all my knitting patterns onto my kindle so I can carry them with me to reference when I'm making something instead of printing them out.

bri - I've felt a lot better today. No crying at all. Last night's episode was triggered by DD's cord stump yuckiness, but we took her in to urgent care this morning and it's not infected, just icky. Doc put something on it to help dry it up and it's looking a lot better now. Still... I know those crazy PP hormones are lurking and just waiting for their next trigger. *sigh* --- what's going on with BFing? Anything we can help with?

DS has been on vacation from preschool this week but goes back on Monday. He wants me to print photos for him to keep in his cubby at school... 1 of his whole family and 1 of him holding DD. He is really amazing me. He is just as in love with his sister and DH and I are.

#202 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 03:01 PM

I have to rant.

I have to pre-empt this rant with the statement that yes, I do love him but my goodness does he make me angry sometimes...

So last night, DH got on the xBox to play Halo for a while. Whatever. Im cool with that.

Until 130 in the morning when I wake up to him being loud with his friends. Not cool. Im less than a week postpartum and we have a baby in our room who is less than a week old. We both need our sleep!

150 I threw his pillow at him and told him to enjoy the couch.

2am I went out to the couch MYSELF with the baby because there was no way I was getting any sleep because he was STILL playing the xbox.

4am he finally goes to bed. In our bed. While I am still out on the couch with our newborn daughter!

5am I finally got angry enough that I came in, turned on the bright bedroom light and told him to go sleep on the couch. He sort of looked at me like he didn't believe me until I told him to go a second time and he slowly moped out of the room. On his way out he said "honey, at least let me take the baby so you can get some sleep" and I snapped back (in my very cranky, sore and tired state) "No, and don't call me honey"

I'm not being a big bad witch over this right? I mean... what he did was so incredibly not cool, right? I'm not being selfish over this, am I?

#203 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not being a big bad witch over this right? I mean... what he did was so incredibly not cool, right? I'm not being selfish over this, am I?
I think you kept your cool way more than I would have! If my DH even had his buddies OVER at our house at a REASONABLE hour for several hours, I would have been super annoyed. But all night long? Oh heck no!

Hope you got some rest and that your DH soon sees the error of his ways. By the way, there is a very nice little list in the back of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding that tells your partner, with no minced words, exactly how you need to be supported as a new and breastfeeding mom. Hope it helps you!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#204 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 03:18 PM

he didnt have friends over but he was being loud talking to them over the headset

when I got angry at him about it and asked him if that game was seriously more important than his marriage he defended it by saying he rarely gets to play with those guys.

seriously!????

That was NOT the correct answer.

#205 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 03:26 PM

Mae: Guys can be so naive! As much as they try, they never seem to quite "get it".

Crafty: I am LOVING your new avatar!

Amby: how cute, your DS!

Baby C is killing me... well, not me, but my poor nipples. Constant feeding twcie a day (one side, burp, diaper, other side repeat) for a couple hours at a time. He has been doing this in the morning and again at night with his usual every two hour feedings in between for the last two days. I am using so much lansinoh and I am so tired. When he does sleep for more than two hours, at night, my breast get uncomfortable since he basically told them for the last two days he is starving, and by the time he wakes up to eat they are literally letting themselves empty so he gets lazy with his latch and just swallows the milk as it pours out, but is rubbing my poor girls raw. Help?

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#206 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
he didnt have friends over but he was being loud talking to them over the headset

when I got angry at him about it and asked him if that game was seriously more important than his marriage he defended it by saying he rarely gets to play with those guys.

seriously!????

That was NOT the correct answer.
Totally agree. He rarely gets to play with those guys? How often is his baby less than a week old? Glad to hear they weren't over, but still, noisy at 5 am? Bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby~Braatens~Mama View Post
Mae: Guys can be so naive! As much as they try, they never seem to quite "get it".

Crafty: I am LOVING your new avatar!

Amby: how cute, your DS!

Baby C is killing me... well, not me, but my poor nipples. Constant feeding twcie a day (one side, burp, diaper, other side repeat) for a couple hours at a time. He has been doing this in the morning and again at night with his usual every two hour feedings in between for the last two days. I am using so much lansinoh and I am so tired. When he does sleep for more than two hours, at night, my breast get uncomfortable since he basically told them for the last two days he is starving, and by the time he wakes up to eat they are literally letting themselves empty so he gets lazy with his latch and just swallows the milk as it pours out, but is rubbing my poor girls raw. Help?
Thank you! I love that photo; it's the one I'm putting on our birth announcements.

Also, not glad to hear your nipples are raw, but glad to hear I'm not alone in this problem! My LLL book said soreness should subside after 2 weeks, but I called my mom in tears, worried I was doing something wrong and she said this happens a lot and (bad news) they could heal and this could happen again later. I love holding and nursing my boy, but sometimes I dread it because I am SO raw!

My mom says that besides the lansinoh (put it on before and after showering!), that air and circulation are the best things for healing. At night, I just leave my shirt off, even though I pretty much always wake up in a pool of milk on one side or the other (or both). Still struggling with this though and hoping you (and I!) are toughened up soon!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#207 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 05:11 PM

Mae... for real? I would have unplugged the fricking Xbox. I've done that to DH's Playstation. Now he knows that when I tell him to keep it down or wrap it up, he better do it right quick if he wants to save it.

I'm ranty right now - I never get to nap. The whole house once again is asleep, but a neighbor fired up some BASS THUMP POUND and it woke me up. And I can't get back to sleep with the thudding. It's not even that bad... but enough to leak through my sleep. Sigh.

#208 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 10:14 PM

Holy crap, MP. I would have unplugged that thing and thrown it out the window. 1) you need support--you're 1 week post-partum!! 2) sleeping on a couch with a newborn after staying up all night?! NOT SAFE.

I hope the video game issues get better...especially now that he needs to step up and help raise a new baby. I don't know what it is about video games, but I've seen more guys mess up their marriages and families over that crap than I ever would have believed possible. Give that man a wake-up call!

--

Crafy~ Sorry about the boob issues. Do you use lansinoh? It was a lifesaver for me with our first. If it helps, I've never had the kind of rawness and nursing pain since our first...by the time our later children came along, my nipples seemed to have toughened up. It was just that first time that it hurt/scabbed/cracked/etc.

--

Laurski~ I agree. 2 inches is a lot of growth. I'm sure your baby is fine! I wouldn't worry until your doctor does (and even then, sometimes, there's no need!)

--

Post-partum here is going well (2+ weeks out). I never got the 4-day or 5-day crash (hormones, pains, chills, emotions) that I normally get...it's been pretty smooth sailing. A lot of that has been dh being home for these past two weeks, but tomorrow he goes back to work.

I have no idea how I'm going to handle being a SAHM to four young children (well, ds is 8, but mentally he's more like 2 or 3...and emotionally/physically he's REALLY hard to manage). I'm actually really, really nervous about this upcoming week. Parenting our three was hard. Parenting three with a baby that never wants to be put down??? Not sure how I'll manage it. I have a baby carrier she likes, but it's difficult to deal with a violent ds1 when I'm holding her or have her in the carrier. When baby cries and ds1 is upset, he can also try to hit her, which makes me incredibly scared and nervous.

I'm trying to stay positive. I've really been concentrating on how fortunate I am to be able to stay home with our kids, and how these tough stretches are all part of that. I've also been trying to remember how short this newborn phase is...that in 6 weeks, and especially 8-10 weeks, she'll be an entirely different little girl. And as silly as it sounds, I'm trying to create little mental images to return to in stressful moments...mental images of myself calm, of being in control, of letting the craziness wash over me.

I swear, I'm doing more mental prep (and I'm more worried) about THIS than I ever was about labor. Please, please, please....just get me through October. ....And the first week of November. please oh please oh please.....

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#209 of 408 Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 PM

Things have gone downhill since and he still doesn't seem to get that what he did was not okay.

When I get angry... I tend to clean. Right now, I'm a bit too fresh postpartum to be cleaning, but I cant stop myself.

So now I am in a lot of pain AND angry and he STILL seems upset at the thought of sleeping on the couch again tonight... or that I wouldn't let him kiss me, ask him not to touch me, etc.

I wish I could just yell at him but that's just not who I am. I wish there were some way of letting him know just how very wrong what he did was.

#210 of 408 Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 AM

Okay so Im a bit of a wuss. Rather than discuss it with him directly just yet (because I would still explode and scream and cry and thats not like me, I dont want to do that) I decided to just link him to this article to give him an idea of just how much of a problem this is.

http://www.divorce360.com/divorce-ar...aspx?artid=943

(he read the URL and sighed. Didnt read the article. WTF. uuuuuugh, man!)

and you know... it wouldnt be all that bad but video games are a large part of why I divorced my ex... and DH knows it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page