Crafty? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any updates? I've been thinking about her!

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#2 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 PM

I'm wondering the same.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#3 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 PM

She posted on fb about an hour ago.

Quote:
Next person who asks if I've had my baby yet gets a facepunch on the house. I promise: the world will know.
She's still fighting the good fight.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#4 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 PM

lol i love the fb post! and i so know how she feels!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#5 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 05:03 PM

...me too! It's like people start worrying that you will forget to talk about your baby after it gets here!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#6 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 05:04 PM

I keep checking in for news. I love the fb status.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#7 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
But wait, I thought she got to 4 cm and was in labor?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#8 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 05:40 PM

Two tweets from her that made me smile (for her fighting spirit)

Quote:
I am totally disturbed by the number of people who keep suggesting induction and c-section to me thinking it's any of their business!
Quote:
I am one (1) day past my due date, world. If *I* can stand this, how is it a problem for you??? So irritated.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#9 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM

Galetea: She got to 4, then stopped. (I read this in a post a few days ago, so I could be wrong...)

Mae: Poor Crafty! It sounds like people are really giving her one heck of a time about this! Amazing how everyone seems to expect every labor to progress according to this preconcieved and ill-informed ideal.

#10 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

ROFL, I love her tenacity and sense of humor about the whole thing. Way to go Crafty!!!

She's just been on my mind...I'm glad she did NOT end up with augmentation/c-section and is fighting the good fight lol. I thought maybe I had missed an update.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#11 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 PM

Heh...Marilyn...I think you were mighty close to that complimentary facepunch. It was me last time, lol.

It can't take too much longer, Crafty. Really...they all come out no matter what.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#12 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 07:15 PM

I was wondering...didn't dare ask, because I figured if she had the baby, I can wait a few days to hear the story, I don't need to know exactly when she has it, and neither will anyone IRL here with me. So I figured don't risk asking.

I think it WONDERFUL that she's being so strong, even when others are pushing their birth plan on her birth. I'd turn off my phone, computer, FB, tweets, everything if I was her, but then, that's just me pushing my birthing plans on her....

Hoping and praying lots of peace is sent her way!!!
#13 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
Heh...Marilyn...I think you were mighty close to that complimentary facepunch. It was me last time, lol.
Yep totally! I would have deserved it too

I agree with Austinmom, I hope she has everything turned off and is ignoring us (and not just so she doesn't see my post and make good on her promise, LOL).

I'm going to learn from her and not tell anyone I'm in labor lol. I'll have my BFF post on here when I'm pushing or something, haha.

#14 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 PM

I dont know if/how much she is checking anything... but I did let her know we are all admiring her spirit on here.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#15 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM

wow, she's such a strong mama!!! Sending her huge hugs and hoping that everyone leaves her alone!!! And that her sweet baby comes soon!!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
#16 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM

Hi ladies,

You are the BEST! There is no way ANY of y'all are on my facepunch list! The reason I posted that to facebook is because I am getting inquiries from people I *barely know* like...HOURLY asking if I've had my baby and giving all kinds of advice about induction and scheduled c-sections. And it was HORRIFYING to me. I really wanted to be left alone and not hear anyone's weird stories or get their advice.

Quick (not that quick) update straight from the horse's mouth and the reason I haven't been around on MDC much. Monday night, I could NOT get comfortable. I was up prowling around the house and finally decided I'd watch a movie because DH had to work and I was making everyone miserable (he says I wasn't, but I was). About 2 a.m. I thought "geez, I've had a lot of contractions...hmm." About 3 a.m., they got CRAZY hard and by 3:30, I figured I'd better start timing. They were every 4 1/4 minutes and lasting about a minute each, so I woke up DH and called my mom.

My midwife and her crew rolled in around 7 a.m. and I was still in the throes, exhausted from no sleep but major pumped to do. this. thing!! I was 4 cm then, so DH and I went for a quick neighborhood walk and by the time I got back, I was having hard contractions every 1.5 minutes! So I took a shower (warm) to get unsweaty...and then nothing. Nothing. Nothing. They completely stopped. For hours. I expected to be holding baby by maybe 10 a.m. My midwife checked me at 1 p.m. and she couldn't even reach my cervix anymore and I could even feel the difference because the check was not tender and painful like the early morning one had been. She said she might have to turn right back around (she's 2 hours away), but that she didn't want me to have performance anxiety with her just sitting there in wait. I was so devastated and cried myself to sleep, basically getting up to drink water and pee, but that's it until the next day.

So here we are 2 days later and I have no baby. I threw up all my lunch today and thought maybe after all this practice I was skipping straight to transition, but...here I sit calmly typing this. I don't know what's going on with me, but I am a little afraid to hope. I know logically Baby has to come eventually, but I almost can't grasp it right now. Time is crawling by and I feel like I am a watched pot. My attempt to distract myself today by going out to lunch with my mom and DH started with a hard contraction as soon as we ordered, me not eating because of feeling so nauseated, then throwing up my iced tea and two french fries in the parking lot. Awesome.

So anywho, to make a long story longer, I would never want to facepunch my MDC ladies. Y'all are great and amazing support and I thank you for being so sweet and kind and loving even though I seem to be the boy who cried labor...

Believe me, if wishes were horses, I'd have a stable full. And I'd have a baby in my arms and so would all of you (if you're ready)! Thanks again y'all for being such loving support.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#17 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
I am getting inquiries from people I *barely know* like...HOURLY asking if I've had my baby and giving all kinds of advice about induction and scheduled c-sections. And it was HORRIFYING to me. I really wanted to be left alone and not hear anyone's weird stories or get their advice.
I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with the same things I am... I think the only way our stories are different is I did not call my midwife or reach 4cm (Im stuck at 3)

Including that I feel so nauseous and at lunch nearly lost my food as i was putting it in my mouth!

(ETA correction... I CALLED my midwife, but she did not come.)

#18 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 10:24 PM

Wish I could give you a real one!!! Hang in there and remember I am here if you want to rant/talk/vent/anything anytime!

#19 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 11:13 PM

How frustrating! My fingers are crossed that the baby will come quickly and easily very, very soon.
#20 of 24 Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 PM

Crafty, you haven't had that baby YET? Tell it to hurry up!!!

:P Totally just kidding. I'm getting it from all sides here. That and the sad head tilt with the..."Still here, huh?" That's annoying too.

I hope it happens soon for you. And I hope it's a gentle, easy birth. You deserve nothing less.
#21 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 AM

Dang Crafty... I have to hand it to you. You ROCK for being so patient (even if it feels like you're going crazy). How many other mamas would have said SCREW IT and gone in for some type of induction after that labor teaser? A LOT.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#22 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 07:20 AM

Thanks for updating Crafty. I was happy to hear that you are ok (ok, you don't feel ok, but you ARE ok). You are so tough and beautiful!

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#23 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 07:49 AM

one of the several dozen times I woke up to a contraction last night... I honestly had the though "I hope Crafty is in more active labor than I am right now"

Rolled over, looked at my computer, debated getting on to check...

and then decided to go back to sleep with the hopes that I would wake up in full blown labor.

#24 of 24 Old 09-03-2010, 10:47 AM

Thank you so much for the update, Crafty. I am sure your body and baby know what they are doing, but I'm sure the hurry up and wait thing is no fun at this point. Wishing you all the best for the beginning, middle, and end of the process!

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page