Two questions... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The first is, I can't find liquid Vit K anywhere so I'm just taking it in tablet form. Is that enough? Should I crush it and mix it with a little colostrum for baby? I know the doses, and what days to do it, but that's for the liquid. I will be having a c/s so I really want to make sure I do this right. Should I just take it and not worry about giving it to the baby?

Secondly, I have a yeast infection...I think. I planned on having acido on hand anyway bc I'll surely be exposed to abx, so should I just use that? How much will knock out a yeast infection? Is orally good enough? I really, really don't want to use garlic or shoot yogurt up there! haha

TIA!

Kelly, wife to J and mama to our precious A, HE'S 5! and the parasite will emerge on or before Sept 24, 2010!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 PM

For William's liquid vitamin K, I was given a prescription to fill at the compounding pharmacy.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundqueen View Post
For William's liquid vitamin K, I was given a prescription to fill at the compounding pharmacy.

Liz
I'm going to have to ask my MW about that... Because I was told to order it online and all I can find are HUGE amounts of it... The smallest bottle I've found is 460 doses! For now, I'm just consuming alfalfa myself and hoping we don't see a need for vit K (if there's trauma, we'll have to do an injection)...

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:24 PM

I would think if you are having a CS you wouldn't need the Vit K as there won't be any bruising. That's what I would opt for. As far as finding it if you do decide to get it, I have no idea.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:58 AM

I would use boric acid to get rid of a yeast infection if I KNEW a baby wasn't coming out my vagina! You can find it in health food stores under the name Yeast Arrest, but it sounds like you have something else you might want to use (and I know nothing about it, sorry!)

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:52 AM

I knew we talked about vitamin k earlier in this DDC and some people posted where they bought their liquid vitamin K. This thread posts some links to places to get it online.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=vitamin

It is a huge number of doses (4 hundred and something) but it is only a .5 oz bottle. The doses are just tiny.

I do believe that MaerynPearl posted a link to where she bought her vit K too on another thread, but this is the first thread I found with links and I am headed off to bed. Perhaps she will post it tomorrow if Mae doesn't appear before then.

Sorry on the yeast infection, I am no help in that dept.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
Old 09-05-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
I would think if you are having a CS you wouldn't need the Vit K as there won't be any bruising. That's what I would opt for. As far as finding it if you do decide to get it, I have no idea.

I have to disagree... Have you seen how doctors handle a baby in a c-section birth? They're rough and fast and twist them all about... It's a very rough birth!

We weren't going to do vit K with DD however she was at a +1 station (so past the spines, well engaged into the pelvis and a mere few stations before being OUT) and so they pulled her BACK through the pelvis for our "emergency c-section". There was no bruising however the birth was incredibly traumatic and they didn't allow her cord to stop pulsating first so we opted to do vit K.

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:34 AM

I'm not sure what to do about the yeasty beasties other than massive ingestion of kefir and acidofolus my other fave is garlic garlic garlic.
With my last one I knew I was going for a UC so from about 36 weeks I took a alfalfa supplement I think it was 3 times a day in pill form and took it after the birth until the bottle was done at about 4 weeks PP.The birth wasn't traumatic
no bruising and when he was seen at 3 days even the Ped admitted he was fine without the shot.
I'm not sure what I'm doing this time since the place I bought it from isn't selling anything even comparable and I'm still pukey and malnourished.
Awesome that you still have the option to turn it down!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Old 09-05-2010, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My favorite thing for yeast is boric acid capsules inserted vaginally at night.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 09-05-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattygirl99 View Post
I have to disagree... Have you seen how doctors handle a baby in a c-section birth? They're rough and fast and twist them all about... It's a very rough birth!

We weren't going to do vit K with DD however she was at a +1 station (so past the spines, well engaged into the pelvis and a mere few stations before being OUT) and so they pulled her BACK through the pelvis for our "emergency c-section". There was no bruising however the birth was incredibly traumatic and they didn't allow her cord to stop pulsating first so we opted to do vit K.
Yeah, I agree with what you are saying, but in a scheduled CS, it's usually a little less invasive as the baby isn't as engaged usually in the pelvis like in your case. In your case, HECK YES! I would have gotten the Vit K!!!

User Tag List