My first labor tease, Lost mucus plug - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-06-2010, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my first 3 kids I never saw my plug. With #1 and #2 my water broke as the first sign of labor and with #3 it started with contractions.

I lost what HAD to be my plug on Saturday @ 36w 4d after a full on nesting frenzy. (side note I had an internal exam on Thursday that was a bit too rough in my opinion, but the Dr. says she did not strip my membranes). I noticed it in my pants (I was commando at the time lol ) when I went to the bathroom and it was a big solid mass of mucus, a bit bigger than a piece of Bubbalicious bubble gum. I was really excited to just see a mucus plug in person! LOL! No blood streaks or anything though. It was white/yellow in color.

Yesterday (Sunday) I was feeling exactly like I did the day I went into labor with my last. Just "off", kinda crampy, lower back ache, baby's movements were different (lower and less pronounced than they had been before). I wasn't SURE that it was "time" but rather perplexed as to what my body was doing. I lost a lot more mucus throughout the day.

Today..... nothing. A few braxton hicks here and there, but that's it.

I'm not totally disappointed since I'm still so early (36w 6d today).... but I have to admit I'm a little bummed. I swore up and down I would NOT get my hopes up at all this time and I would NOT do anything to try to naturally induce and I would just let things happen on their own accord and I wouldn't be disappointed (as I was over and over with my last baby who came at 41 wks which to me was very late since my first 2 were born at 36w3d and 38w3d).

I just keep telling myself that he needs more time to get chubbier and so that I can make some diapers (he only has 6 right now! haha).

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#2 of 11 Old 09-06-2010, 07:06 PM

I lost a bunch (and bloody, at that) after an internal last week and nada.

I think it's more possible to get your hopes up and not let yourself get TOO disappointed when it turns out to be nothing than it is to try to never get your hopes up at all. At least, that's what I'm experiencing. Even if whatever signs we feel don't make labor happen that day, at least they're all positive signs that we're moving towards that day.

After 40 wks, though, I'm giving myself permission to be absolutely miserable every single day. I will be whether I do or not.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#3 of 11 Old 09-06-2010, 07:20 PM

I had a big chunk of mine stuck to my leg when I woke up this morning...first sign, too. I know it doesn't mean much, but it means at least SOMETHING is happening, right??? (right??? )

and like you describe...solid, white/yellow, like a piece of gum.

Thanks for posting this! I've been wondering all day if it really was a big chunk of my mucus plug...

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#4 of 11 Old 09-06-2010, 07:56 PM

Still nothing here.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#5 of 11 Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 PM

Hello, Debbie Downer checking in.

I lost my mucus plug last Thursday and whooped for joy! Yay! It wasn't bloody, but it was most definitely a mucus plug. This was the same day that a strong contraction made me throw up my lunch in the parking lot of a restaurant and I was like "Oh, I am totally skipping straight to transition! Wheee!" Aaaaand now I'm pretty sure i have a new mucus plug and no perspective whatsoever.

At this point, until I have a baby in my arms, I am going to keep believing I will be pregnant UNTIL. I. DIE.

Sincerely,
Cranky McDisappointedstick

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#6 of 11 Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 PM

I lost a good part of it recently- with my first pregnancy I went into labor 12 hours after... but this time I'm only 37 weeks so its rather confusing, sometimes I think labor is about to start with that cramping then, nothing!
#7 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 12:09 AM

s, Crafty...and bless your wonderful sense of humor!

I lost my mucus plug a week or more before I went into labor with our twins...but labor DID happen! You'll get there!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#8 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
Hello, Debbie Downer checking in.

I lost my mucus plug last Thursday and whooped for joy! Yay! It wasn't bloody, but it was most definitely a mucus plug. This was the same day that a strong contraction made me throw up my lunch in the parking lot of a restaurant and I was like "Oh, I am totally skipping straight to transition! Wheee!" Aaaaand now I'm pretty sure i have a new mucus plug and no perspective whatsoever.

At this point, until I have a baby in my arms, I am going to keep believing I will be pregnant UNTIL. I. DIE.

Sincerely,
Cranky McDisappointedstick
LOL! I think at this point I want to see you go into labor more than I even want to go into labor myself lol. But yeah, we need a pregnant forever club lol. I'm not 40 weeks yet but I know in my heart that this will be me in just a few weeks lol. Not expecting an easy ride!

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#9 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 12:51 AM

Aw, Crafty!

I haven't lost mine unless it snuck into the toilet without my knowledge...

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#10 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 AM

been losing my plug for weeks... had bloody show several times over a few weeks ago, nothing in about a week and more last night.

So of course I got my hopes up too. Silly me

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#11 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

If I have this baby before either Crafty or MP I will feel sooooooooooooooo bad! But I really doubt that's going to happen.

I'm 37 wks today so I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be pregnant for another 4-5 weeks and I'm trying to be ok with that.

Oh and btw... the opening line of my birth story with my last baby goes something like this... "I was truly convinced that I was going to be the first woman in history to actually be pregnant for the rest of her life" lol. I take comfort in knowing that she DID come out.

Here's the link if you're truly bored and want something to read.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions.../t-392052.html

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page