"Past Due" Commiseration Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sorry Crafty I will gladly go overdue if it means you can have your baby soon

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#32 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
So nice to know you ladies are here. I'm 41+1 today and tears are streaming down my face as I type this.

I got so little sleep last night because I was so uncomfortable and Baby was so low. I thought surely I'd go into labor. Just when I was drifting off, DH shook me awake because I was snoring loudly. Yeah, let me tell you how that did NOT go over with me, especially when I couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

This morning I got up early to do chores around the house (might as well) and DH is like "you're up early; are you excited about the baby?" I prettymuch just glared at him.

Yesterday, I was wincing as I waddled out of the post office and this stranger exclaimed "Wow! You look like you swallowed a basketball!" and I started crying on the spot.

I've lost my car keys, but I can't drive from all the contractions anyway. I'm burning up my too short already maternity leave because I'm too exhausted/crazy to work. Every time the phone rings, I scream "leave me ALONE!!!"

Y'all, I am losing it big time. I'm so sad and just totally worn down. My u/s on Tuesday (though I know they're notoriously off) estimates this babe tobe, on the very lowend, 7 lb 13 oz, but they think he's probably more of a 9lb-'er. I'm so huge and still scratching myself until I bleed from the remaining PUPPP rash. I just want to go to sleep and wake up in a month. Please send your loving thoughts my way. I'm heartsick.
Cry. Cry, cry, cry, and cry some more. Ignore the u/s, and the phone. No one tells you about this part of pregnancy--how hard it is in the moment. And seriously, how do people be so retarded around pregnant women?

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#33 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 PM

I mostly lurk here, but thought I'd join in this thread.
I'm 40+2 today. DS came at 40+3, but I don't think this little man is going to do that. And today I accepted it. It's impossible to still be pregnant in another month, so I hang onto that tidbit!

Mama to Luka - 22 February 2005, Tiisetso - 18 September 2010 & 3 angel bubbles
#34 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Big, ginormous s Crafty.

Sign me up for this thread. 40+1 today. I actually had the big induction talk with my OB at my appointment this morning...I just wanted to map out where he's at on the subject, since I haven't gone overdue under his care in the last 8+ years, and back then it was with medically-complicated twins.

He's cool. He asked me how long I was comfortable going, then we talked about his preferences. He said he doesn't like to go past 41, but would "let" (kindly said, no worries) me go to 42 if I wanted it. I, honestly, don't feel comfortable going much past 41 1/2 weeks, so we put the 20th out there as a possible induction date. Until then, he said he wants me to try lots of sex, nipple stim, castor oil (sometime early next week), and if I want it he'll strip my membranes next Wednesday afternoon (I'll be 40+6).

The down side with membrane stripping is that, because I'm GBS positive, he'd want me to go on oral antibiotics. I think I *might* be okay with that, though, considering my history of ruptured membranes long before contractions start. Being on something antibiotic would be comforting if that pattern continues, yk?

So my plan is this...chill out and expect this baby to arrive any day now. If nothing happens in the next several days, either do castor oil on Tuesday or Thursday. Evaluate how we're feeling about membrane stripping and maybe do that on Wednesday. Thursday or Friday go in for acupuncture. Then, if I'm really 41+4, have a heart-to-heart with myself about if I'm really okay with an induction on that Monday. I've never needed it before, and pitocin freaks me out, but with three births under my belt my OB said it would probably go very, very smoothly.

Thoughts?

and man.....s, ladies. This overdue thing sucks lemons.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#35 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 02:18 PM

Has anyone gone for accupuncture or reflexology? Or used a homeopathic remedy? That is my plan if I'm still pregnant on Monday...

Mama to Luka - 22 February 2005, Tiisetso - 18 September 2010 & 3 angel bubbles
#36 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM

i dyed my hair today. I was sick of waiting and it looks so much better.

I figure I may as well pamper myself as much as possible.

#37 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 02:54 PM

Y'all are so sweet; thank you for the s. I am in a much better place today, in no small thanks to getting some sleep last night. (I issued a stern warning to DH last night about waking me for any reason other than the house being on fire. I think after my mood yesterday, he fully understood what was at stake!) I am still pregnant though. Sigh.

I had a weird premonition about a week ago that this baby would come on 9/9. That was a bust though, so my revised prediction is now just September...of this year. Also, I am not sure if it comforts me or not that with my mom's first baby, she went to 43 weeks. NOT AWESOME, but she lived through it. I am just praying, praying, praying that that doesn't happen. Maybe today? Yes, today would be lovely!

Last night, I listened to "Come OUT, Baby" on Hypnobabies all night, but the only thing that kept coming out was pee...ha. I will keep that up tonight (the hypno and the peeing, probably), also (if needed!). I have had reflexology and massage to work on natural induction points, but as you see, I have no baby. If I make it to Monday, I may be looking into further options, although, I really, really don't want to. Have y'all heard of anything called MasterGland to stimulate the pituitary? My MW recommended it; I am going to the health food store to check it out today, if my pelvis allows.

Thinking of all of you and sending you BIG s! You are such strong mamas!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#38 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 03:34 PM

Crafty - I totally feel for you and hope you get your baby soon. September of this year is a brilliant time for baby to arrive. I will keep that in mind as well as I slowly drift away from my due date.

I am trying to be zen about no baby yet. I even had a pretty annoying contraction ten minutes ago. But I'm not even thinking about it. I went and got a haircut today and am going to call the chiropractor if I can screw up the courage and see if there is anything they can do for me, as I've never been adjusted, but I would like to see my baby eventually.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
#39 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Schae, ROM, and louis!

ROM--we are lining our schedule up too. I'm trying hard to stay positive that I will go into labor on my own since I am a VBAC, but I'm having a down day today. I probably will do an induction at 42 or 42+1 which will be the 20th/21st!

Accupuncture--No, not yet. Next week....hopefully won't need it.
Massage--BTDT on Tuesday, not a single contrax to show for it!

I was so excited yesterday since I had contractions for about 12 hours, and they got down to 6min apart. There were even a few that made me pause. But they dwindled out overnight, and now this kid feels like he is in a really weird position.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#40 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 PM

PinkBunch~ s...sorry you're having a down day. I would imagine it feels like a lot more pressure to go overdue when VBAC is the plan. Remember, every day you're more and more likely to go into labor!

Shae~ I used acupuncture in the past for fertility issues, and I'm lining up some appointments for next week to coincide with the castor oil/membrane stripping/etc. right around the 41-week mark. I have my old acupuncturists' number...hope she still answers that phone!

It's good to know I'm not the only one putting induction on the table. I feel so anti-Mothering or something! I don't really think I'll get to that point, but I wanted to schedule it with my OB and on a Monday morning (rather than a Friday or something).

10 days baby. You have 10 days to vacate. LEASE. IS. UP.

#41 of 166 Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 PM

I have acupuncture scheduled for Monday and Wednesday. We turn 42 on Tuesday of next week. We are fine waiting for labor after the reading I've done, and thankfully I have a very supportive birth team.
#42 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 AM

Can I complain if I'm only 2 days past due?

I woke up this morning knowing today isn't the day and a starting to feel really frustrated I don't feel any contractions (aside from a few random ones in a day) and feel like this baby is never going to come.

With my first 2 I felt SOMETHING by now and was dilated a little already. With this one nothing.

It is becoming more difficult not to doubt myself.

#43 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 AM

can i join you?! i'm officially overdue today... and officially 2 weeks more pregnant than i have ever been.... wah

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#44 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 AM

this feels so weird to me. I was hooked up to pitocin both times by now. And here I'm still just waiting for anything that would give me the tiniest hint that he'll be here... ever.

#45 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 11:19 AM

40+4 today. I don't know whether to be happy that I'm not really feeling ANYTHING, since at least I'm not getting my hopes up all the time, and wishing I would feel SOMETHING so I at least know my body is actually getting ready.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#46 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaWantsOut View Post
40+4 today. I don't know whether to be happy that I'm not really feeling ANYTHING, since at least I'm not getting my hopes up all the time, and wishing I would feel SOMETHING so I at least know my body is actually getting ready.
i know exactly how you feel.... i just want to feel like my body is doing SOMETHING! ugh...

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#47 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM

My feet are killing me, but I think all this walking is helping. I've been trying to do at least two miles a day, often more, and this morning when I woke up (after two long hikes/walks yesterday), the baby felt lower. I'm really hoping she'll start putting some pressure on my cervix and get things thinned out down there...doctor said I was 1cm more dilated this week than last, but still pretty thick.

#48 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 06:41 PM

40 + 2 today. Not having hardly any contractions in these parts. I'm 2-3cm/50% effaced, but I've been like that since about 30 weeks, so it is nothing too exciting. I'm thinking ahead to Thursday, I think I'm going to ask my midwives to strip my membranes if I'm still pregnant then. I can only deliver at home with them up until 42 weeks. If the membrane stripping doesn't kick things in, I'm going to go for some acupuncture.

I've been so LAZY. I don't feel much like walking. Great for you, RedOak, I wish I could have that motivation! I feel like everything is on hold until I have this baby. Maybe I'm holding her in b/c I am so NOT looking forward to all of the visitors that will be coming through afterwards.

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

#49 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 PM

Cranky McGluestick checking in.

Last night, my very good friend called about 9:30 p.m. to ask me if I thought her contractions were real/strong enough to go to the hospital. Her EDD? 9/24.

By 12:15, her husband called to tell me she'd had her baby. I have spent a lot of time with her today and I am sorry to say I did burst into tears when I saw her holding her baby and when I held her baby. Then a chaplain came in and said a prayer over the new family...and I cried again. I am SO happy for her (she is one of my best people! I love her!), I truly am, but when will it be my turn?! She looked a lot better rested than me today, probably because she was snuggling a baby and sleeping all night. I, on the other hand, could not get comfortable and peed every 30 seconds.

I have become a full-time harpy!!!

So after my mom and I went back to visit my friend to help her establish her BF latch and then to the health food store, my mom's practically brand new car would not start. The battery was so dead it couldn't even be charged; it had to be towed. And the dash thermometer read 101! Oh, and the store had closed, so we had to wait in the heat until my husband could get there from the other side of town to rescue us. AWESOME.

Is trouble following me around or do I just attract it every time I move to a new spot?

41 + 3 today. And stayin' alive.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#50 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
Cranky McGluestick checking in.

Last night, my very good friend called about 9:30 p.m. to ask me if I thought her contractions were real/strong enough to go to the hospital. Her EDD? 9/24.

By 12:15, her husband called to tell me she'd had her baby. I have spent a lot of time with her today and I am sorry to say I did burst into tears when I saw her holding her baby and when I held her baby. Then a chaplain came in and said a prayer over the new family...and I cried again. I am SO happy for her (she is one of my best people! I love her!), I truly am, but when will it be my turn?! She looked a lot better rested than me today, probably because she was snuggling a baby and sleeping all night. I, on the other hand, could not get comfortable and peed every 30 seconds.

I have become a full-time harpy!!!

So after my mom and I went back to visit my friend to help her establish her BF latch and then to the health food store, my mom's practically brand new car would not start. The battery was so dead it couldn't even be charged; it had to be towed. And the dash thermometer read 101! Oh, and the store had closed, so we had to wait in the heat until my husband could get there from the other side of town to rescue us. AWESOME.

Is trouble following me around or do I just attract it every time I move to a new spot?

41 + 3 today. And stayin' alive.
I don't know if there is anyone else in this DDC who is as far along as us (I'm 41+4 today), but of all people, I just wanted to say I really really hope you have your baby next. I'm sure you feel the same way about yourself, but I think it's nice to know you really do have someone else pulling for you. Also, someone in Texas who understands this wretched rain forest one day to just plain sickeningly hot the next day weather.
#51 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, Crafty and AustinMom, I get pissy every time someone due after me has a baby--and then I think of the two of you and pray fervently that you two get to go before me! I'll gladly take my place in line...

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#52 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
Oh, Crafty and AustinMom, I get pissy every time someone due after me has a baby--and then I think of the two of you and pray fervently that you two get to go before me! I'll gladly take my place in line...
Same here! I start getting totally bitchy (9/24 is my edd too how come SHE gets her baby!?) Then I think about you guys and feel like a heel for being so whiney.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#53 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 10:40 PM

41+3 here today. The most pregnant I've ever been. I think I'm going to be pregnant forever! At my last midwife appointment on Thursday I was a good stretchy 4cm and 75% effaced. I wasn't going to ask her to strip me and she didn't but she did say that I was already so loose it wouldn't do anything anyway. I'm dying to know when labor is going to start and I'm tired of everyone staring at me like the baby is just going slide out RIGHTNOW!!

Tomorrow is my shower...it was supposed to be a meet the baby shower (which I wanted to be planned for October, but that's a whole other story ) Everyone is on high alert for possible cancellation if I am in labor. I kind think it would be funny to have the baby tonight, not tell anyone I had the baby, then show up with a really brand new baby and surprise everyone. Don't think that's happening though!

One good thing...my midwife also breeds Boxers and her mama was due on the 9th. It's been fun to see who would go first and joke about the midwife missing my birth because she was catching puppies (she had backup for the pups ) The happy mama had her puppies earlier this morning, so no worries on an accidental UC due to puppy catching

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#54 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
Same here! I start getting totally bitchy (9/24 is my edd too how come SHE gets her baby!?) Then I think about you guys and feel like a heel for being so whiney.
A friend of mine who wasn't even due until October had her baby today. I'm super happy for her, but can't believe she actually had her baby before me! At this point I feel like my friends due in November will be delivering before me

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#55 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemama View Post
A friend of mine who wasn't even due until October had her baby today. I'm super happy for her, but can't believe she actually had her baby before me! At this point I feel like my friends due in November will be delivering before me
Ok now that's where I draw the line.. it is totally unacceptable for Oct mamas to be having their babies.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#56 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 10:56 PM

really?! some one due in october had thier baby?! ugh.... that's just not right! lol my sister in law and my cousin are both due in october.. if they went before me... i think i'd freak out..

for you ladies that are 41+ weeks... i'm seriously impressed with you.. i think i would/will (ugh i hope will is not the right word) be so bitchy no one could be around me.. i would have to stop answering the phone and just change my voicemail to.. no the baby isn't here.. and no i dont want to talk about it.. lol s to you ladies!!

#57 of 166 Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumyonly1 View Post
really?! some one due in october had thier baby?! ugh.... that's just not right! lol my sister in law and my cousin are both due in october.. if they went before me... i think i'd freak out..

for you ladies that are 41+ weeks... i'm seriously impressed with you.. i think i would/will (ugh i hope will is not the right word) be so bitchy no one could be around me.. i would have to stop answering the phone and just change my voicemail to.. no the baby isn't here.. and no i dont want to talk about it.. lol s to you ladies!!
Umm...yeah the Oct. babies thing makes me sick.

Thanks for all the support. I'm kinda teary-eyed just reading. Oh, and I have stopped answering the phone, luckily DH is on vacation and he screens my calls for me and talks to his mom during the day for me so I don't have to. Why do MILs get so annoying in later pregnancy?

I'm really really hoping this prodormal labor stuff turns into something. The thing is, I don't get the 10 min apart prodromal labor luck. Seriously, all last night they were 2-3 min and 30-45 sec. They weren't intense so I could sleep though them, but I think the hypnobabies has helped with that. But seriously?

We didn't go walking tonight so I"m kinda about that. Church is tomorrow and I'm SO SO dreading it, we missed the last 2 Sundays because I haven't wanted to deal with the 'when are you due' and now I'm gonna get 'Oh, I thought you had the baby!'. I think I may respond with 'yeah, I did too, but then I woke up still pregnant!'.

HUGS back! And just to let you know, you can bitch at any point in your pregnancy, and it really really won't bother me.....the only thing that has made me irritated is the thread on 'going over doesn't seem as terrible', which I understand, and that's the great thing about MDC, there is a place for everyone.
#58 of 166 Old 09-12-2010, 12:11 AM

aww i dont blame you at all for wanting to avoid all the comments at church! i know exactly how that feels! like you really need ONE more reminder that you are still pregnant! lol

that prodromal labor does not sound fun.. it's like a huge tease.. -- when i was 36w5d i had prod labor like that.. it lasted about 5 hours.. they contractions were too painful to sleep through so i was up all night.. and they petered out right as my kids woke up.... so that was seriously irritating.. but sadly.. since then i've hardly seen any action in the contraction department!

i dont want to bitch about being pregnant.. this is my last baby and i want to enjoy every second of it... but... i'm in pain.. lol this is truely not fun any more and i want to meet my sweet little girl!

and btw totally jealous about your dh screening the calls... i dont even think my MIL has DH's cell number... lol she always talks to me.. but she's not so bad... dh's sister calls first thing in the morning asking if i've had any contractions.. lol.... she's skipped asking how i'm feeling.. and goes straight for the desired info now.. and my mom is checking on me at least twice a day now! ALWAYS before bed to see if i think it will be tonight.... waaay to many calls/texts/fb messages right now! lol

i think if i were to have another baby i just wouldnt tell people when i am due... or tell them it's two weeks later or something..

#59 of 166 Old 09-12-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumyonly1 View Post
i think if i were to have another baby i just wouldnt tell people when i am due... or tell them it's two weeks later or something..
Yes. If I had this to do over again I would definitely give a fake due date or just say "sometime in September."

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#60 of 166 Old 09-12-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaWantsOut View Post
Yes. If I had this to do over again I would definitely give a fake due date or just say "sometime in September."
Yeah we tried this. We were smart and didn't tell people our EDD was 8/31, as when Aug rolled around we knew we would get the 'oh this month....', so we told everyone early to mid Sept. It didn't really stop a lot IMO, because people still ask 'so what is the 'actual' due date' then you go into 'due dates are estimates, we went late last time, it's normal/average to go past your due date, ect'. Next time though, I may just add a month onto the date. I think that's the safest thing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page