"Past Due" Commiseration Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
40+3 here, so not very late at all, but seriously feeling for you mamas hanging out around these parts over 41 weeks. Crafty/Cranky, your friend is lucky to have you.

Not much to add here, though I have been having some weird not super painful contractions all day long. I'm worried that I won't know when its the real thing.

Oh, and one other thing. I bought an awesome new maternity tshirt on Thursday, at 40+1 and have decided to wear it until this baby shows up. That is all.

SAHM to one precious 2 year old and wife to my loving DH. And here we go again!
****5****10****15****20****25**joy.gif*30****35****40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2010, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

louis, the shirt thing is cracking me up!

AM--i am skipping church for the 2nd week in a row too, mostly because I am not sleeping at all and can barely function.

bohemama--been wondering about you! You sound so positive. Send some of that this way.

due dates--my DH actually was the first one to say we should have padded ours! He was right.

AFM--I broke down again last night, and DH was so supportive about it. But I seriously am not going to last much longer if I can't get a handle on this hip pain! It's waking me up in the middle of a dead sleep, and I think it has something to do with baby's head position. He moved from LOA to RO-something, and it HURTS when I lie down. Fine when I'm sitting up, but OMG. I haven't had more than 2 hours of consecutive sleep in two days, and I want to scream.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 09-12-2010, 11:21 AM

how is everyone doing?

I'm sorry Pink Bunch, that sounds sore, I hope he moves back to LOA. It's one thing bing overdue, but not being able to sleep is just cruel.

I'm 40+4 today. With no signs at all. I'm not sure how I feel about induction - I'm actually a bit scared now. I think my MW would be happy to 'let' us go to 42 weeks - but I truly feel that nothing will get this baby to come out, so we'll wait till 42 weeks and still end up with an induction. I've had two stretch and sweeps, will have regular contractions for an hour then they'll disappear.

I KNOW we're not in control and aren't meant to be, but this is so frustrating!

those who are even 'later' than me, I don't know how you're doing it. Props to you!

oh yes, i just update my fb every morning with a "no" - no phonecalls after that lol

Mama to Luka - 22 February 2005, Tiisetso - 18 September 2010 & 3 angel bubbles
Old 09-12-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
40+3 here, so not very late at all, but seriously feeling for you mamas hanging out around these parts over 41 weeks. Crafty/Cranky, your friend is lucky to have you.

Not much to add here, though I have been having some weird not super painful contractions all day long. I'm worried that I won't know when its the real thing.

Oh, and one other thing. I bought an awesome new maternity tshirt on Thursday, at 40+1 and have decided to wear it until this baby shows up. That is all.
I love it.

I'm down to 2 shirts right now that will actually cover my belly.

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

Old 09-12-2010, 03:27 PM

I was really hoping/believing today would be the day for some reason, but I got nothin'. I cried at DH about it this morning and he comforted me. In a little while I intend to have some kind of salacious multiple-orgasm nipple stimulation oral application of semen extravaganza with him. If it doesn't help, it'll at least relieve some stress, right? After that we'll go for a long walk, then go to Cuppies & Joe and have some tea and a red velvet cupcake. I think it's a pretty good plan.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM

41 weeks today ... sigh
chocolate and kit-kat bar sundae here I come.

goldfish.gif
Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 PM

I'm 41+3 today. I've had two sweeps, two acupuncture treatments, and a chiropractic adjustment. I'm 5 cm dilated and.... nothing. I made dinner reservations at a very fancy restaurant tonight with a couple we are friends with who have no children and would be mortified if my water broke or I went into labour. If anything will work, this should be it!

Wife to Dh Mom to Ds (6) Dd (3)
and our brand new Ds
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaWantsOut View Post
In a little while I intend to have some kind of salacious multiple-orgasm nipple stimulation oral application of semen extravaganza with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca View Post
I made dinner reservations at a very fancy restaurant tonight with a couple we are friends with who have no children and would be mortified if my water broke or I went into labour. If anything will work, this should be it!

I'd do the dh thing, but unfortunately it seems that me sitting around twiddling my OWN nipples is more effective than anything he's able to do. Damn shame.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post

I'd do the dh thing, but unfortunately it seems that me sitting around twiddling my OWN nipples is more effective than anything he's able to do. Damn shame.
*sigh* same here. I haven't had sex in 2 months. In 7 years we've never gone 2 months without any luvin. I'm not a happy camper.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 09-12-2010, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I was really hoping/believing today would be the day for some reason, but I got nothin'. I cried at DH about it this morning and he comforted me. In a little while I intend to have some kind of salacious multiple-orgasm nipple stimulation oral application of semen extravaganza with him. If it doesn't help, it'll at least relieve some stress, right? After that we'll go for a long walk, then go to Cuppies & Joe and have some tea and a red velvet cupcake. I think it's a pretty good plan.
Yeah, this is the first pregnancy for me where DTD leads to nary a contraction. What is up with that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca View Post
I'm 41+3 today. I've had two sweeps, two acupuncture treatments, and a chiropractic adjustment. I'm 5 cm dilated and.... nothing. I made dinner reservations at a very fancy restaurant tonight with a couple we are friends with who have no children and would be mortified if my water broke or I went into labour. If anything will work, this should be it!
Ugh. I'm sorry. Hopefully the "don't come, baby" atmosphere works its magic!

AFM--My doula came over today and massaged my aching hip plus got baby to move his bony skull out of the corner between my pelvic opening and hip. Which allowed me a blissful two hour nap after all my lost sleep. I woke up with a much better attitude!! We also had a good talk about fear which I needed.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 09-12-2010, 11:38 PM

DDDC, but as the mom of kids who were 8 (whew!), 8 (not again!) and 15 (you gotta be kidding me - finally induced - argh! but still med free) days past EDD, I feel your pain.

Ugh.

The anticipation. The phone calls. The feeling like I was missing out on a few weeks of my baby's life cause they're not as adorable from 38-42 weeks on the inside as they would be on the outside (can't snuggle 'em or dress 'em or rock 'em or talk to them without looking positively insane).

Hope everyone gets out of this thread soon!

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
Old 09-13-2010, 12:10 AM

Well, my sexytimes didn't end up happening anyway, because DH was not in the mood. I guess maybe the phrases "oral application of semen" and "natural induction technique" are not as arousing as I thought they would be. Who knew?

Anyway, now that today is definitely not happening, I'm going to say I have a good feeling about Wednesday. I'll be 41+1 that day, and I think the 15th is a pretty good date. If I go past then I'll probably start seriously freaking out, just because DH starts his new full-time job (he's contract, make-your-own-hours right now) October 1st, and I really want him to have at least 2 weeks to chill with the baby and me, without having to use up any of his vacation time. He's said he's fine with using his vacation time, but we need that for going to visit his family in Minnesota!

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 AM

I'm sorry to everyone who seems to be having a rougher time than me.

I just totally messed myself up with the chocolate thing last weekend. I ate far too much. And then added hot dogs (which always mess me up), and got headaches and couldn't sleep and all sorts of unpleastantries. And then, we were painting, and I didn't get to sleep well a few nights. Now, I've got this lovely swelling that's making me a little concerned about my BP, which I have no way to check. I'm just riding on the fact that none of my symptoms are consistent, that I always feel this way when I eat junk and forget my vitamins and don't sleep well, and that my BP tends to be on the lower side usually anyway.

I'd just like to get the baby out and move towards being confident of everyone's health...

My predictions have not happened yet. Maybe tonight? Though NOTHING is happening. At all. Not even a tiny bit.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 09-13-2010, 12:45 AM

Hello all I mostly lurk but I'm 41 weeks today and haven't had any signs that baby is getting ready to come out. We have tried dtd, nipple twiddling, and spicy food. Tomorrow I'm planning on walking a bunch in the hopes that it will set labor in motion. I have an apt with the mw at 3pm and the nst test and I really would rather be in labor than go and talk about what happens next. The worst part is now that 42 weeks is closing in I feel like my stress level will elevate which will prob further hinder my body going into labor.
to everyone else in the same boat.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Well, my sexytimes didn't end up happening anyway, because DH was not in the mood. I guess maybe the phrases "oral application of semen" and "natural induction technique" are not as arousing as I thought they would be. Who knew?
I am really sorry for those of you who have DH's not on board with DTD or stimulation as an induction method... Mine actually started bringing it up around 37 weeks ("but won't it help get the baby to come out?") and gets great joy out of randomly attempting to tweak my nipples in 'hope it will get something going'. LOL.

Ladies - I hope for you all that your baby birthin' time comes SOON! I completely remember how it felt to be where you are.. And likely will again in a week when I hit and surpass my own EDD. It's so hard to be patient and sit back and let these babies comes when they choose. But it will happen for every one of you and it will be an amazing experience when it does! I can't wait to see some more good lookin' babes coming from this DDC, especially our 'over dues'!

Big hugs!!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:53 AM

Sending lots of love and to everyone on this thread, but most easpecially AustinMom and bohemama who, like me, are not just post-dates, but basically expired.

Reading this thread does make me a little teary (okay, a lot teary, but even thinking of a candy I might like to eat makes me a LITTLE teary), but I am really grateful to have you ladies here for support.

I cried and cried and cried yesterday because the desperation is just so real! Against all odds, DH and I managed to DTD, but it didn't cause anything to happen. He is really pushing for an induction if I haven't had Baby by Wednesday, but I think the main impetus for that is my totally deteriorated emotional state. Honestly, I am a full-time wreck. Call screening is not so much a luxury as a necessity if DH doesn't want me to be unglued 24/7.

Work people seem to think I am already BACK to work, which is like totally hilarious because: NO. I'm just answering all this email and sending stuff out so I can shave a few hours off the maternity leave that is burning so brightly.

I guess one good thing about never getting comfortable and being up all night is that I was up bright and early working. I guess...

We tried to distract ourselves by going to the movies yesterday, but we went to see George Clooney in The American, which was a total downer. I should have pushed harder for Nanny McPhee 2, though it was playing at a movie theater we don't like to go to. Best part: gorged myself in a popcorn frenzy. Half a large? I've never done anything close to that before...

Love you ladies and hoping we all make it to the delivery finish line VERY soon!

Your friend,
A temporarily, semi-upbeat Crafty

P.S. October babies GET BACK IN THERE!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:20 AM

s, Crafty (and to all other "expired" mamas )

40+4 here, and no signs of anything. I think I need to lay off the nipple stim...my nipples HURT today. All in all, my body is aching more from trying to get myself to STOP being pregnant (walking, sex, nipple stim) than it is from actually BEING pregnant.

But what am I planning for this morning?? Another long walk. My feet are going to hate me by the end of this day.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM

41+5 today. Not feeling as zen as I was the last time I posted. Last night and today seem to be filled with tears. I'm tired of the phone calls and questions...even though I know it's all out of love. I'm tired of our lives being on hold. And I'm just plain tired of being H U G E!

Today I've decided that even though I don't have an appointment and I've never even been to the office I'm going to walk my butt down to the acupuncturist and see if they'll be able to refuse a blubbering mess of an almost 42 week pregnant woman. I am acquaintances with the OMD, so hopefully that will help too. I'm almost considering calling the midwife and just having her go ahead and break my water. Baby is at +1 so I'm not really worried about a prolapse or anything. I guess we'll see...

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
Old 09-13-2010, 12:56 PM

41+6 today! Did chiro this morning, and going for acupuncture in about an hour! Wish me luck!!!!!

ROM-Yesterday I did my prenatal Yoga, walked almost 2 miles, did a LOT of curb walking, birth balling while watching a funny movie, baby come out at night, and no baby. And MAN! Am I sore from the stretching, yoga, and walking! I really is starting to hurt really bad when I turn over at night.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:02 PM

Good morning ladies!
I keep hoping one of us will have our baby. Just to prove it IS possible. That it will EVENTUALLY happen.

I'm shifting between feeling calm and being totally freaked out on a regular basis. We have really crappy insurance, so if I end up needing a hospital induction, we'll be out A LOT of money. Not sure if the homebirth midwife reimburses us too much (if anything) if we end up having to have a hospital birth. So, that is a huge concern for us. Anyhow, in other news, I lost my mucous plug last night . Not that it actually means anything absolute, but I figure it is a step in the right direction.

I'm 40+4 today and 3-4cm /70% effaced and have very rare contractions. I have a ton of pressure, though, so hopefully that means SOMETHING. Gonna pull out the breastpump today and see if it will do anything.

HOW do you have sex at this stage, ladies? We tried and it is sooooooooo uncomfortable for me. The baby's head is so low that it really isn't even possible. Plus, DH is really not into it. Something about me being hugely pregnant.

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

Old 09-13-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsalem View Post
We have really crappy insurance, so if I end up needing a hospital induction, we'll be out A LOT of money. Not sure if the homebirth midwife reimburses us too much (if anything) if we end up having to have a hospital birth. So, that is a huge concern for us.
Ditto.

Love and support to all y'all! I'm really rooting for you, Crafty, AustinMom, and bohemama. Your bodies can do this! Hang in there!

Soooo I'm 40+6 today. I've stopped checking my e-mail and facebook. I just had a cup of cumin tea, we'll see if that does anything. It's just a tsp of cumin and 6 oz of water with a cube of raw potato in the bottom. I read about it here. I'm also considering trying goldenseal, since that's something my midwife recommended for people who forgo GBS testing anyway. I'm in a very herby mood today, apparently. I'm also thinking about doing a cleansing enema followed by a RRL tea enema, but that might just be going overboard.

I think I'm really ramping up the trying to get things going because I don't want to have to go to my 41 week appointment tomorrow, which is just silly. My baby knows how and when to be born, and I am lovingly patient. Babies are born on their birthdays, etc. Relax, me. Everything is fine.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Really freaking discouraged today after my post-dates monitoring and OB appointment. The boy is estimated to be 9lbs, 7oz which is the 84% for his gestational age. They're usually off by a pound heavy, so he is not huge. My amniotic fluid is a bit high at 31. NST was beautiful, and I had 2 contractions while on the monitors.

Then I went to the OB. We redid my GBS swab since the last one is "old" and then she checked me. She said I'm 2.5-3cm on the outside and a good "one and a wiggle" on the interal os. Still very posterior and only about 50% effaced, but she said it was easier to pull my cervix down, and she actually could strip my membranes on one side of the opening and did per my request. My BP was elevated, but that could have been due to the stress. Not "baby out" levels, but enough to worry me.

I'm now getting some pressure to make a decision. I will be 42w on Monday, and at that point the OB is adamant that baby come out. Really, she would prefer that he come out now. The peri who reads the u/s results leans even more that way. They say the combination of factors--higher AFI, larger baby, VBAC--increase the risk of morbidity. One taken alone is no big deal, but all of them together plus the post-dates thing concern them. I can wait if I choose, but they would induce me now if I were willing.

I'm having a really hard time. I just want him here. I want this to be over. I don't want to be induced, and I want to give my body a chance at doing this. I REALLY don't want another c/s. REALLY. Mostly I don't want to be in this position at all. I just want my body to do what the **** it is supposed to and get this baby out.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:10 PM

Ok ladies, this thread is too long to catch up on, but I am officially post dates today. My u/s due date was 9/10 and my LMP due date was yesterday 9/12. I have had awful insomnia, every sign of early labor for weeks, and as of today whenever I get up and about I feel like either the baby is going to fall out or I have to poop, lovely. BH at this point are painful for the simple fact that they make that pooping sensation worse and take away my breath. I want to be ok with going as long as it takes since this is my last planned pregnancy, but really I have to complain a little bit to maintain some sanity.

I hope today will be the start of something for many of us!

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:51 PM

Well I've just downed a castor oil cocktail and black and blue cohosh, some evening primrose, and some flax seed oil. If this baby doesn't come out...something will.

Seriously though, I have been so sad all morning. My last post here was about as zen as I got. Now, after a LOT of soul-searching, DH and I have decided to schedule an induction for Wednesday. It's obviously not my first choice, as I am a homebirther in my heart, but my emotional state is deteriorating to the point of ridiculous and I don't know what kind of mother I can be for this baby. I went to the health food store earlier to buy the castor oil and this woman said "well, that's drastic." And I said "Well, the situation is drastic." Then she "Well, I went 41 with my last one. They all come out eventually. Enjoy the extra nights of sleep."

Okay, I considered throttling her, but on top of everything else, I don't want to go to jail, also. SLEEP?! I haven't had good sleep since, oh, JULY. And I'm not just 41. I'm 41+5 (I am absolutely sure on my LMP date and the conception date). I'm 41+5 with PUPPP in 100 degree heat with pro-dromal labor for the past 3.5 weeks. So opinionated health food store lady: STEP OFF. I will drink an entire bottle of shampoo if I want to!!

I have my mom as my advocate and I am praying that I just need a little trigger (hey! maybe castor oil is it! let's homebirth RIGHT NOW!) and I can go right over the edge and there won't be the heartbreak of prolonged labor, interventions, and c-section. But I need an ending point; I never thought that I would, but there is not much left that I'm sure I have a firm grasp on. This pregnancy has tested everything I thought I knew about myself.

Hoping for y'all's support and thoughts and prayers as we decide to move forward.

On a happier note, the castor oil wasn't that bad...I'd do it again if needed.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:57 PM

May I join?

Im not past due but I will be the day after tomorrow and I am positive I will still be pregnant then.

At my appointment today they suggested a membrane sweep since I have been having such painful contractions for two weeks now...

but they couldn't. because my cervix was not even changed enough for THAT. Such crap. This is baby #3... I should not still be high thick and closed at 40 weeks.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:00 PM

Health food store cashiers are THE WORST - I've had like 4 of them be really nosy and judgmental and obnoxious. Finally got one yesterday who didn't even mention my pregnancy, and I seriously wanted to kiss her. Sorry you had to deal with that asshole, Crafty. I hope your stuff works, and that you can get your homebirthin' on! And if it doesn't, I wish you peace and acceptance and ultimately a healthy baby and an end to your pregnancy suffering, however you achieve those things!

Old 09-13-2010, 04:39 PM

turns out you cannot turn down a crying pregnant woman...acupuncture appointment at 1:30. Pray it works! If not and if I'm still pregnant on Wednesday I will have the midwife break my water. I am not going the hospital pressuring for induction/c-section (since this is a second VBAC) route for the life of me!!

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
Old 09-13-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
May I join?

This is baby #3... I should not still be high thick and closed at 40 weeks.
Heh. This is baby number 4 in 5 years, and I am. And I'm also 40+4.

I keep reminding myself that I was less effaced than I am now when I went into labor with my last baby. I checked at the very beginning of maybe labor and was lower, but still no more than 25ish% effaced. Zero dialted. A few hours of crampy contractions, and then a few hours of real ones, and she was born.

It can happen.

Go Crafty! I hope it works!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 09-13-2010, 04:53 PM

Crafty, I'm really hoping the c.o. does the trick! Please tell us what it's like if you get a chance...I have a feeling several of us are going to be jumping on that bandwagon at some point in the near future. I would like to try it later in the week, but I think I'll feel better about it if I know what I'm in for, yk?

If it helps, I've had two friends do the c.o. route. Both went into labor later in the day they tried it. Both were well overdue. for you!!!!

As for me, acupuncture scheduled for tomorrow evening. I have to drive an hour away to get to her house, but it's the acupuncturist that helped me so much when I was TTC ds3 for a year. I have a lot of faith in her.

What are you guys paying for acupuncture? Mine is $50 for a session. Seem reasonable??

Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
but they couldn't. because my cervix was not even changed enough for THAT. Such crap. This is baby #3... I should not still be high thick and closed at 40 weeks.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm 40+5 today. I am sure I will reach 41. I am praying that the few contractions I have felt so far will have done enough for a membrane sweep. If not I will be discussing induction options

Come on babies.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)

User Tag List