"Past Due" Commiseration Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
41 weeks today. Saw MW and we have an induction date of 18 September.
I'm happy with that, something about my decision to go to 42 weeks had been bugging me, and now I feel totally calm and at ease.

Mama to Luka - 22 February 2005, Tiisetso - 18 September 2010 & 3 angel bubbles
#122 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I do not want my phone to ring again today unless its Mae to tell me why she is torturing me.
OMG you don't know how much stress this released for me, LOL, I needed a good laugh!
Thanks!

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#123 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Pampers sent me a "Your Newborn!" email.

Thanks for taunting me Pampers.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#124 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Oh... my family is convinced now Im going to have a huge baby. Really?

Moms reasoning... I was born on my due date and I was 9 lbs!

Yeah... but my first was born 4 days past his due date and was only 7 1/2 lbs... and my second was born a week early and was just barely over 7lbs. I do not think Mae is going to suddenly be an 11 pound baby.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#125 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 02:15 PM

Baby's weight gain will naturally start dropping off a bit towards the end, especially after 40 wks. No more of that 1lb per week nonsense :P That's what my MW said anyway, and with my first being born at 9lb11oz at just a couple days shy of my EDD, I'm taking that little gem to heart, lol.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#126 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 PM

Marilyn-why the induction before 42 weeks? I'm just curious. Oh, and I TOTALLY agree with the weight gain thing. At the end it kinda plateaus and the baby doesn't gain near as much near as quickly. That's another reason against the silly 'big baby' induction stuff. (not that that's what you are going through)

ROM- I'm SO glad SOMEONE feels encouraged! LOL! I remember at my last PN in the middle of tears I told the MW that our last baby was a 'natural induction' of nipple stim and herbs and we had to keep it up the entire labor, and ended with a CS for 'arrest of dilation' and that I think it's because my body never kicked in because it wasn't ready to labor, but I was basically forcing it to. We were 41+4 at that time. I said 'What if my body never goes into labor. What if I just can't go into labor on my own?" She stops rocking in the rocking chair and looks at me and says 'yeah, but that's never happened.' ----SILENCE-----. I felt kinda silly, smiled, gave a halfway laugh at the notion that the thought of that was quite ridiculous. I'm gonna wait it out. I feel so much more comfortable with that, especially over a ERCS, and especially over an induction in the hospital since we are a VBAC, and especially over a 'natural induction' as I worry the same thing will happen as last time, and I don't want to be hooked up to a breast pump all labor long. . Are you keeping track of kick counts? Have you talked to your CP about this? Maybe they could do a version of a NST at your next visit, where they listen for 10 min or so with a doppler and every 20 seconds write down the FHR and you tell them when the baby kicks/moves and if the HR speeds up, it's a sign of all is good? We are probably going to do this every visit, which I'm cool with once a week still, buy it's protocol to see a mom 2 times a week after 41? 42?. Just some thoughts.
#127 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 09:37 PM

Officially 40w1d today. No contractions but I did find some of my mucous plug today, hooray! I'd kind of like a couple more days to spend with DD#1 and do a bit more resting, but I'm relieved to feel pretty ready.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#128 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 PM

went out to supper

halfway through started feeling sick, but not my normal feeling sick. hard to explain. couldn't explain it to DH either.

now... getting nice strong regular contractions that... as always... are doing nothing. Go me! Looks like another night without sleep.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#129 of 166 Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 PM

41+1. DH and I had a really nice day of just forgetting about the baby coming! We went to the art museum, ate at the museum cafe which was pricey but yummy and fun, and then went to the library. Of course, this was after a morning spent crying and freaking out and curb walking and swinging on the swings etc.

Tomorrow we are planning to go to the mall, or maybe the state fair. DH has been trying to work every day (works from home, makes his own hours) but really we weren't planning on having him working by now, and he has to start full time October 1st no matter what, so he's just going to officially take off from now until then. He was really distracted wondering when I was going to start my birthing time and wasn't getting much done anyway. So our new plan is just to fill up our time doing things together that are totally non-baby-related.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#130 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
Kinda bummed, because at this point, since Crafty and Bohemama have either birthed or in the birthing process now, that leaves me the 'last' of the 'postterm' moms. Today is 42+1. We shall see.....seriously, though, it just CAN'T be that much longer!!!!
AustinMom! Major patience award definitely goes to you and I agree with ROM that your attitude of "I'm okay, baby is okay" is great one! Castor oil was not my *best* idea, but it also wasn't my worst one...

I guess I am no longer a part of this group, but y'all are totally my post-dates posse and I am thinking of you and wishing you satisfying, safe births AND SOON!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#131 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
AustinMom! Major patience award definitely goes to you and I agree with ROM that your attitude of "I'm okay, baby is okay" is great one! Castor oil was not my *best* idea, but it also wasn't my worst one...

I guess I am no longer a part of this group, but y'all are totally my post-dates posse and I am thinking of you and wishing you satisfying, safe births AND SOON!
I got teary-eyed reading this. . Thanks so much! I hope I can be some kind of encouragement for those still prego. One of those, 'if she can make it past 42 and still not have pulled out all her hair and walked her way up to the hospital for an induction....I CAN TOO!' kind of people.

I really, truly am happy for you though, I can't wait to share our story with everyone.
#132 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 07:48 AM

Well...

at least it wasn't a no sleep no baby night. Even if I didn't get great sleep... I got some. Which is better than some nights lately.

#133 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 AM

DDCC to say Maerynpearl.... chillax and let go mama, i bet ur baby will be here by sunday. do some sort of "i surrender" thing and plan a bunch of stuff to do over the next few days and wear your best underwear (sod's law means you'll deffo release ur waters in nice undies) much and elv's your sweet baby will be here literally any second now. and i'll be jealous. SUPER jealous hehe

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#134 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
DDCC to say Maerynpearl.... chillax and let go mama, i bet ur baby will be here by sunday. do some sort of "i surrender" thing and plan a bunch of stuff to do over the next few days and wear your best underwear (sod's law means you'll deffo release ur waters in nice undies) much and elv's your sweet baby will be here literally any second now. and i'll be jealous. SUPER jealous hehe
I surrendered all weekend. Got out of the house as much as I could and on my feet as much as I could (though it hurts) because the pain of the spd and fun of activities we were doing distracted me from how pregnant I was (except when the crazy people came up to me to give me good luck charms for labor... people in the south are so odd.)

Until I came home and it all hit me like a brick wall again. My house is just one big reminder that shes not here.

ETA - that does it. Going to try spending as much of the time that my kids are at school out of the house as possible. Probably by going to the mall.

Was going to go on a nature trail but figure at 40 weeks pregnant... I want to be around other people and not a bunch of fire ants and bees.

#135 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 AM

see im stuck indoors kinda too so i get ur frustration (though ive got weeks more of it left im sure). my legs and feet are so swollen that it feels like im walking on balloons, can't really bend my knees or ankles much

when i do go out i get constant BH and PGP which has now ramped up to shooting pain in my tendons down my hips/inner thighs and feel like im at any moment about to poop/pee myself, even though im not (wth is THAT about eh?) and i keep looking at the birth pool/ball/kit/mw+doula numbers sheet and thinking ARGH WHY DO I FEEL LIKE IM ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH WHEN IVE GOT FOREVER LEFT!?

just taken heart in the FACT that very very soon ur sweet little baby will be here im so excited for you im kinda stalking u till ya pop now hehe (just to add a wee bit more pressure)

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#136 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 AM

Hey, Mae, yeah, look out for those fire ants. Ouch. A friend's little boy (less than 2) once stuck his hand in an ant hill. That was awful. Thankfully, he didn't have an allergic reaction or anything. I especially dislike a bite between my toes. Anyway, hope you have a good day. If you go to the mall, check out the pretzel place. The kids and I would always go get a pretzel there, and then get lemonade at Chik-fil-A (because the lemonade is WAY cheaper, and better there, lol.).

So, we're all still counting down, or up now. Ha! I'm 41 weeks today. My last came at 41 weeks, but I've had 2 born on Tuesdays, and one on a Friday. Maybe I'm going for Friday now.

What I do know is that I don't have any energy. The numbness and tingling in my arm woke me up about once an hour last night. Between that and having to go to the bathroom, I am exhausted. I've not had a good night's sleep in forever. I can't imagine going into labor this way. I should do some hands and knees to get the baby to turn, but I honestly just don't have the strength. I feel so tired. And...ds is throwing up this morning. He threw up, and then dh gave him a drink. And he threw up again. And then dh gave him breakfast! Ds ate about 3 cups of cooked oatmeal. I thought that was a pretty mean thing to do to a pg lady when you are about to leave for work, but...it worked out. Ds has much better color, and is playing happily outside. His breakfast, so far, has stayed put. Whew. Dh grinned and said, "I'd recommend a lot of outside time today." Pfff. I had envisioned a kid movie and a mama nap. Hehehe

Anyway...hope the chiro calls me back soon. This arm thing has to quit. When I lay down, it goes so numb I can barely feel it. And then we have to go through the whole waking up part. OUCH!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#137 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 AM

In 2 days I will be more pregnant than I have ever been.

And yeah, dislike fire ants very much! DS and I both got stung this weekend for the first time. Aptly named creatures. OW.

Still debating going to the mall or not. Ill be tempted to buy things. I dont want to buy things. I just want to wander around!

#138 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 12:50 PM

You should go wander the mall. It's nice to get out of the house...I'm doing that this afternoon. My sister is taking my two oldest and my MIL is taking my youngest...and I'm going to hit the health food store and get myself an ice cream from the dairy.

I'm 4 days past my EDD now...which I expected. My two boys were 41 and 42 weeks at birth although my DD was 40+1. This is another boy. They like to bake longer, I guess.

I am feeling VERY emotional today. Any little thing sets off the tears here and that's rough. I hope it's a precurser to things happening.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#139 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 02:48 PM

I went to the mall. I bought things. But I think I did pretty good.

I splurged on a scarf I would have normally never bought but love love love love love!

And I found GNC finally so got that EPO my midwives wanted me to take. 3 by mouth and 3 vaginally daily until she comes AGH... lol... just, well, yay more pills.

Inserting them vaginally was uh... different.

#140 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM

What's the size of the capsules? I'm taking EPO too. I take 2000mg orally (4 capsules for me) and insert 2 vaginally at bedtime. I've heard it's just as beneficial if you take it all orally...and it is a PITA to insert it but I can't help it...if it might help more vaginally then I want it there too. LOL. Especially cause DH hasn't had a chance to put out lately. Poor used DH. Hahaha.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#141 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 PM

500mg capsules.

#142 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Marilyn-why the induction before 42 weeks? I'm just curious. Oh, and I TOTALLY agree with the weight gain thing. At the end it kinda plateaus and the baby doesn't gain near as much near as quickly. That's another reason against the silly 'big baby' induction stuff. (not that that's what you are going through)
Oh I'm not getting induced, no way. I'm healthy and baby is healthy so I'll just stay pregnant forever if that's what it comes to, lol. I do plan on complaining about it though lol.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#143 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 04:12 PM

41 weeks today. Longest I've been pregnant by six days (well, almost 7, really).

I went in yesteday to get my membranes stripped...didn't hurt a bit. I was also up to 3cm dilated, which is great. Some bloody show today (not much) and contractions off and on all day, but nothing patterned or consistent. They feel productive, though. Tonight I go for my second session of acupuncture. Castor oil is waiting for me on Saturday afternoon.

I'm also thinking of asking my dr. to strip my membranes again tomorrow...the irritation it caused has definitely done something. I'm still looking at an induction on Monday if nothing else works, but I'm hoping to talk with my dr. about maybe, if I'm 4cm, starting my induction by doing a slow leak, then breaking my water when she's fully engaged, then going from there. I know my body. I know it can handle and take off with labor once my water has broken and baby is engaged. Wonder if my OB will be up for that....

I get the feeling this baby would be here already, if I hadn't taken all that vitamin C to strengthen the amniotic sac. I know that's silly, but it's what my gut is telling me. I definitely thwarted my usual labor pattern (water breaking to start labor).

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#144 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 04:20 PM

I keep getting the feeling Mae would be here already if I didnt have SPD.

I know theres probably no basis to that feeling, but thats the only difference between this and my last two pregnancies that I can think of... other than the fact that I am NOT effaced or dilated or dropped... but I was by this point with both others (heck with DD Id already had her by this point! And DS I had him 2 days past where I am now)

#145 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 04:21 PM

Btw, I should mention, in a 24-hour period I've:

1. Had acupuncture
2. Had sex, twice
3. Nipple stimmed, orgasmed
4. Had my membranes stripped
5. Tackled and trimmed an ENORMOUS 7-foot tall privet hedge running along our house
6. Mowed the lawn
7. Eaten a pineapple (okay, half of one)
8. Walked four miles
9. Had hot, hot, HOT curry
10. Eaten Ben & Jerry's (this was suggested as a labor-inducer only half-heartedly, but I thought it was worth including )
11. Had about a gallon of concentrated RRL tea

Oy.

#146 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I keep getting the feeling Mae would be here already if I didnt have SPD.

I know theres probably no basis to that feeling, but thats the only difference between this and my last two pregnancies that I can think of... other than the fact that I am NOT effaced or dilated or dropped... but I was by this point with both others (heck with DD Id already had her by this point! And DS I had him 2 days past where I am now)
It's NOT the only difference, MP. Different Daddy. You have to factor his genetics into this, too! Your Mae might have a totally different timeline than your other kids. Patience, hun.

#147 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
It's NOT the only difference, MP. Different Daddy. You have to factor his genetics into this, too! Your Mae might have a totally different timeline than your other kids. Patience, hun.
good point! If hes enough reason for me to blame him for my SPD, hes enough reason for me to blame him for making me be pregnant WAY longer than I need to. LOL

as for the ben and jerrys... yeah, Ive tried that twice. Hasnt worked, but seriously THE BEST thing ive tried! LOL I <3 Chocolate Therapy

#148 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 04:57 PM

Marilyn-That's how I feel too. I'm 42+2 today! WOW! And I'm about a full WEEK more pregnant than I have ever been for all those who are just reaching that point.....you can do it! Hang in there!

On the EPO- I would think it would be more effective taken vaginally because the oils are right next to your cervix. We do 1300mg (a single capsule, it's concentrated) twice a day. One around nap and one around bed time. I think it's much more beneficial to break up the doses than to put them in all at once, because your body has more time to absorb them and they don't just open and leak out. (ewww). Kinda like why you should drink the RRL tea throughout the day instead of at one sitting, so it keeps the herbs or whatever in your system longer. I haven't taken any orally, but I do take fish oil.

ROM and Mae-I hope things kick in for you. SOON!
#149 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 05:04 PM

feeling weird down below... not sure the cause.
Possible causes -
I walked around the mall for a couple hours.
I put in my three capsules of EPO about 4 hours ago (does that cause some sort of sensation? Its not like the twinging cervix or even at my cervix but rather my rear and vaginal canal feel sort of odd)
My SPD is acting up (this is not a normal sensation for that)

#150 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 05:38 PM

RedOak- What's the rush? I'd like this baby out, too, but I think I can hang with it a little longer. I mean, really, how much longer can it possibly be? Remember...they ALL come out.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page