"Past Due" Commiseration Thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
41 weeks today. Longest I've been pregnant by six days (well, almost 7, really).

I went in yesteday to get my membranes stripped...didn't hurt a bit. I was also up to 3cm dilated, which is great. Some bloody show today (not much) and contractions off and on all day, but nothing patterned or consistent. They feel productive, though. Tonight I go for my second session of acupuncture. Castor oil is waiting for me on Saturday afternoon.

I'm also thinking of asking my dr. to strip my membranes again tomorrow...the irritation it caused has definitely done something. I'm still looking at an induction on Monday if nothing else works, but I'm hoping to talk with my dr. about maybe, if I'm 4cm, starting my induction by doing a slow leak, then breaking my water when she's fully engaged, then going from there. I know my body. I know it can handle and take off with labor once my water has broken and baby is engaged. Wonder if my OB will be up for that....

I get the feeling this baby would be here already, if I hadn't taken all that vitamin C to strengthen the amniotic sac. I know that's silly, but it's what my gut is telling me. I definitely thwarted my usual labor pattern (water breaking to start labor).
I'm on basically the same schedule as you are, Red Oak. I'm 41 weeks today, I am 3cm and 50% effaced and the baby is engaged. Saw my midwife today and she stripped my membranes. It made me have some uncomfortable contractions for a few hours and now they have sort of petered out. I had acupuncture on Tuesday, and I'm going to try to get in for another session tomorrow. I'm seriously considering castor oil or cohosh over the weekend.
Red Oak, are you planning a homebirth?

Because the head is so low, I have this awfully uncomfortable butt pressure when I walk and especially when I contract. Doesn't make me like walking much, but I'm doing it, b/c I am DESPERATE!

I have a BPP scheduled for Tuesday, just to make sure everything looks ok. I'm not really comfortable going past 42 weeks. I just found out the doctor I would have used to induce me has cancer, and is out for awhile, so I will be at the mercy of the on-call doctor if I must go in to be induced (God help me). The only other option (for homebirth) if I don't go into labor within the next week is to have a local CNM (who doesn't otherwise do deliveries) break my water. My midwife does not do amniotomies.

I am so stressed over this. Plus, if I need to go into the hospital to be induced, the hospital I would go to is about 45-60 minutes away. And I'd need to find someone to watch my kids during that time, and I really don't have anyone. Would probably have to have my mother fly in on short notice. argh! I'm trying not to freak out, but 42 weeks is creeping up fast!

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

#152 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 09:06 PM

I am a MESS. So. Effing. Emotional. This morning was pretty good. DH and I went to the mall and walked around, went to all the interesting stores and didn't buy anything except a roll of admit one tickets from the party store, which DH bought me because I told him I always loved them so much when I was little and wanted a whole roll of them.

But then I got a stupid effing "Have you had that baby yet?" text from a close friend who should know better, and I yelled at DH for bringing me my phone without reading the text first, and he told me I was being unreasonable (which, yes, it was unreasonable of me to yell at him) and that the only person who thinks this is a big deal is me and this wouldn't bother anyone else in the world. And then there was lots of crying and then I went upstairs and yelled at my parents and cried some more and then I came back down to the basement and cried some more and now I think I'm going to go make some banana ice cream and eat it while crying.

I don't even know what I'm crying about anymore.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#153 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaWantsOut View Post
and that the only person who thinks this is a big deal is me and this wouldn't bother anyone else in the world.
Let him know that is sooooo far from the truth. I get so mad at my phone when people text me asking if I have had the baby yet (ESPECIALLY people who should know better) that I have actually turned it off at times because I just don't want to put up with it. At all.

I think I made an announcement on Facebook to just STFU and stop asking me... but I don't remember if that was just an awesome daydream of what I wish I COULD do or if I actually got so upset I did it.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#154 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 PM

Dh thinks I'm unreasonable, too. But things like, "Are you planning bumpy jeep rides" really get to me.

I've only been asked ONE time by each well-meaning friend. That's okay. That's just a "we love you and are checking in" asking sort of thing. No one has pestered me yet. But...I am still weary of being watched.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#155 of 166 Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
Dh thinks I'm unreasonable, too. But things like, "Are you planning bumpy jeep rides" really get to me.
My BIL just called to say that exact thing. It pissed me off immensely. I'm tired of people calling. I told my mom not to call until the weekend and she just called , too. LEAVE ME ALONE. The less details I give these people, the better.

Chelsea, I can relate. I'm an emotional mess, too. I keep trying to relax and do things to take my mind off of whether or not labor is coming, but it is hard. I hope you feel better. When in doubt, I recommend a glass of wine.

#156 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the support, MP, Just1More, and teamsalem. I'm feeling much better after the ice cream, haha. I think we're going to pick up some wine tomorrow, which will be interesting considering the only place you can buy wine in this state is a liquor store. I hope the people working there don't give me too much flak.

And now I'm off to play Mahjong Titans until bed! I would play the cake assembling game, but it's too stressful. Yup, a game where you make cakes is too stressful for me right now.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#157 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 08:42 AM

May I join you ladies? I've never been active in the DDC but I've been lurking here for awhile and decided now was the time to post.

I'm only a day past my due date so I know I shouldn't be so frustrated. The issue is that I have a uterine anomaly that made every single Doctor I've seen prepare me for the reality of delivering early. I was even taken off work at 25 weeks to make sure we got past the critical 28 week mark. Now, after 3 and a half months of sick leave, I still don't have a baby in my arms! And if one more person looks at my belly and says 'You're still here?" I'm going to scream! It's not as if I'll disappear once the baby arrives...they could at least ask something that makes a little more sense.

My husband and I are both thrilled that I have managed to carry this little one to term. We know it is best for him to have made it this far. I just can't handle the mental side of it anymore. I had prepared myself for the issues that come with a preemie. Then, when we passed that stage, I prepared myself for the inevitable c-section at 36 weeks due to his breech position. The day we went to book the section we discovered he had somehow managed to turn himself. Again, I'm grateful to avoid a section, but it really messed with my head to be thrown into an unexpected waiting game.

I'm just completely fried. I am only 1-2 centimetres dilated. I had some very regular contractions last night that fizzled into nothing. Most frustrating is that I am now staring down an impending induction. Something I desperately don't want (my sister had a horrible experience with being induced) but I know that, given my uterus, I can't just wait forever for this child to make his appearance.

I'm sorry for the long vent. I'm just so happy to know that you will all understand my frustrations and my concern about induction.

Now I'm off to due some crazy baking as my husband brought home a massive bag of (free) apples from work. At least that will keep me busy.

babyf.gifborn 25 September 2010
#158 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 AM

Welcome, Canadienne! OMG, I can't even imagine, you must be so antsy. That is great that you got to term, though . Lots and lots of walking, lady! If the baby was breech for a time, he or she probably wasn't putting a lot of pressure on your cervix -- which won't help dilation. But, 1-2 cm is not bad at all for a first time mom.

#159 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi. I'm a not-so-frequent poster too.

Canadianne: I'm totally trying to avoid an induction as well - I am attempting a VBAC. I can relate to many of the things you have said.

Depending on who you ask, I am 40+5 (according to the OB) or 40+1 (according to my chart). At my Tuesday apt, my cervix was completely closed, posterior and long. The OB did say that it was soft. I've had no contractions to speak of. It really seems that nothing is happening except that I had mild - moderate back pain starting yesterday. I am going to give it until the 30th (that's either 42+4 or 42+0) before I consent to an induction. My OB has been much more supportive of this than I expected, since her eyes I know that puts me PAST 42 weeks. My biggest hope is, of course, that I go into labor on my own. My second biggest hope is that if we do an induction after 42 weeks that at least my Bishop's Score will have improved and the induction works. I DO NOT want another c-section.
#160 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 10:06 AM

I have never been this pregnant and not in labor.

And in 20 hours... I will never have been as pregnant.

*sigh*

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#161 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Isn't it fun to break records?! )

So, I'm cool with being almost a week past and all that, but why does it have to look like a mack truck ran into my face? I got good rest last night, shouldn't I look good? If I have to be 41 weeks pregnant, why do I have to look it?

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#162 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 12:48 PM

I wish crampy contractions were a sign of labor.

I mean, I know they are for other women, but so far for me they have been a sign that I will have to go potty soon.

#163 of 166 Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 PM

Ambivalentdreams-I think that's a great plan. That's pretty much how we feel. I know that induction being a VBAC has it's risks, but I'd say I'd rather risk those than the risks with ERCS. We are 42+3 today, and really really really really were almost convinced that we were in labor this morning, which would have been perfect, as the house is clean, groceries bought, laundry done, good night's rest, DS is at ILs, and my House Doula is off work, etc, etc. We're still waiting though. I feel as long as baby is moving fine with kick counts and has great NST results, I'm not going to worry, and as long as I'm healthy too.

Much LOVE to you! Hang in there!
#164 of 166 Old 09-18-2010, 06:41 PM

I just broke down.

DHs cousin had her baby.

She was going to be induced if she made it to 40 weeks and never made it to 40 weeks. Its her first and she has had a trouble free pregnancy.

I am still sitting here feeling like someone took a sledgehammer to my pelvis almost 30 weeks ago with feet swollen to almost scary sizes and having had constant contractions for 3 weeks and off and on contractions for almost 10...

and all I see on my Facebook is people asking me when I will have mine or congratulating her on hers.

Hate life right now. Why am I still pregnant when I'm the one that has been physically tortured this whole time?

Life isn't fair but at this point it seems so much more than just plain unfair... it seems cruel.

#165 of 166 Old 09-18-2010, 09:42 PM

Oh MaerynPearl, I'm sorry that you are having a rough day. I don't know if I could handle someone I know delivering early and before me. I know what it feels like to have a hard pregnancy so I can totally relate to your emotions. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair.

My husband and I spent the day walking in the hopes of getting things going. So far all I have is some irregular contractions and sore feet.

babyf.gifborn 25 September 2010
#166 of 166 Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 PM

I'm having a bit of general crampiness. Feels like I'm getting my period. Definitely not contractions, it feels like a constant crampiness. I'm trying to convince myself it isn't gas or something. Is this a sign? Could it be? Please?!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page