"Past Due" Commiseration Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 166 Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I'm not officially "past due" yet. But I will be in less than three hours, and my zen has taken a hiatus. So I figured I'd make all us long-gestataing mommas a nice, cozy home!

Who's with me??

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 166 Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 PM

I'm not here yet, but will be in 3 days if my intuition is right.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#3 of 166 Old 09-06-2010, 10:42 PM

Well I'm here and I'm cranky.

I'll be 41 w on Wednesday, but with the way this total wild card of a pregnancy has been going since *January* I might be *totally insane* already.

In the words of LOLcats: HAAALP!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#4 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 04:25 AM

I put in 4 days of being overdue w/this pregnancy... my sympathies. It is hard! I went overdue w/3 out of the 6 (for 9, 3 and 4 days respectively). It WILL end!!!

Mom of 7, ages 13, 12, 9, 7, 5, 4, and 2.5!
#5 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 AM

Not yet for me... will be in two days if I'm still pregnant though.

However my first was a 43 weeker so I definitely commiserate. Major Mamas. I hope your sweet babies come to you soon

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#6 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

m2c--I *knew* I would go past--#1 was a pre-e induction on my EDD and #2 was a week past. So not even intuition for me...just common sense. Hope you DON'T have to join us!

Crafty--I'm just sending you a big ol' hug.

Thanks for the support, hbm and triscuits!

I am crampy today, was all last night. This is a new devellopmment. I am trying not to be excited or encouraged by it

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#7 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
m2c--I *knew* I would go past--#1 was a pre-e induction on my EDD and #2 was a week past. So not even intuition for me...just common sense. Hope you DON'T have to join us!
Yeah I was induced with #1 (High BP and bad swelling that would leave indentations) 2 days after my EDD and with #2 I was induced 2 days after my EDD because I went into the hospital with irregular contractions that were making slow progress.

I'm actually hoping I go the 12th this time. My mom will be here and able to watch the kids, they don't have school so they can come as soon as he's here, and my DH is off work.

It'd be a pretty decent day, even if it is 3 days late

#8 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM

I'm 40 weeks today and really hoping the baby comes sometime between now and Sunday, because my grandma is currently out of town and she is really pushy and wants me to call her as soon as labor begins and to come over and probably make lots of inappropriate comments and rude suggestions. But I don't know how likely it is since this is my first and I haven't felt anything I would recognize as a "birthing wave" or even a "practice birthing wave."

Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for, or my hypno-anesthesia is working too well. I had a little bit of period-like cramping two days ago, and I keep getting twinges in my cervix, but WHO KNOWS? This baby could be sticking around for a couple more weeks for all I know.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#9 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 02:35 PM

HERE!!! I'm 41 today, and really really done. I went 11 past with my son, and this time, I'm getting WAY more uncomfortable so much earlier. It's crap. Luckily I have a very very supportive MW and Doula who encourage me to relax, etc.

I've decided to get a prenatal massage today for reaching 41 weeks. I'll have to think of something else for 42 if we hit that (please pray we don't!)

I'm tired, grouchy, big, nauseated, not swelling much thankfully, emotional, stinky, frustrated, and very much so not knowing how much longer I have. I've had all the 'prelabor' signs, but I"ve had those for weeks, and know that they can last for more weeks till baby gets here. I just don't see the light at this point.
#10 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM

I'm here too. I haven't posted much, but I do check in to see how others are doing! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. Ugh. My first was 10 days late and my second was 4 days late so I shouldn't be surprised, but it still feels like we are all being held hostage by this baby. My labour with DD was very fast and easy so I'm reluctant to go more than a half hour from the house in case we all have to come racing back here to have the baby!

Wife to Dh Mom to Ds (6) Dd (3)
and our brand new Ds
#11 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 03:01 PM

Well I'm not dilated at all so I think I need to get comfy in this thread.

#12 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
Well I'm not dilated at all so I think I need to get comfy in this thread.
I'm "maybe 1cm" At least I'm thinner than last week, though! Got to schedule my NST/BPP for next week--the clinic is notoriously hard to get into. So next Monday I have NST/BPP and then OB appointment at 41w on the nose. Fun times.

#13 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 07:42 PM

Went to my MW appointment today...amazing how these last few weeks, each appointment seems like a punishment. There was a woman there with her 4 day old baby who saw me waddling to the bathroom and said "Yeah, it gets rough at the end."

I looked at her baby and thought to myself: My baby is older than that one! Don't act like you know what my private hell is like!

Then when she was gleefully exclaiming how her due date was today but her baby was born Saturday, I wanted to punch her. This is so ridiculous. Had she been one of my MDC ladies, I'd be congratulating her and cheering her on, but I really wanted to call her a rude name instead. Obviously, I didn't do this as I still do have SOME appropriateness filter. But I am sad I am feeling such hostility.

On the other hand, there was another lady there who was due this past Sunday. She said "I see you're still here." And I said "Yes, you too." And we exchanged a knowing look of agony.

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#14 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
Went to my MW appointment today...amazing how these last few weeks, each appointment seems like a punishment. There was a woman there with her 4 day old baby who saw me waddling to the bathroom and said "Yeah, it gets rough at the end."

I looked at her baby and thought to myself: My baby is older than that one! Don't act like you know what my private hell is like!

Then when she was gleefully exclaiming how her due date was today but her baby was born Saturday, I wanted to punch her. This is so ridiculous. Had she been one of my MDC ladies, I'd be congratulating her and cheering her on, but I really wanted to call her a rude name instead. Obviously, I didn't do this as I still do have SOME appropriateness filter. But I am sad I am feeling such hostility.

On the other hand, there was another lady there who was due this past Sunday. She said "I see you're still here." And I said "Yes, you too." And we exchanged a knowing look of agony.
I loved this! LOL! I would be in the SAME boat if someone told me that. I'd atleast say "don't brag''. I think that's 'nice' , right?

SIGH....Some day, we will have our babies. Some day, it can't be more than a month right? I had a prenatal massage today hoping it would 'relax' me and get my mind off it, but all we talked about the whole time was baby. I'm done. I'm really really done. My Doula is going to burn me a copy of the Hypnobabies "baby come out" CD. I can't wait to really really really meditate on that.
#15 of 166 Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 PM

I have the baby come out track... I started listening to it last week. Nothing yet but one of these days the baby will be ready, lol.

I went past due with DD... By 11 days. I know how much it sucks ladies! But on the bright side... They DO come out... Sooner or later, they come out... and sometimes they're easier to care for within, lol.

Big hugs and labor dust to all of you!!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
#16 of 166 Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
My Doula is going to burn me a copy of the Hypnobabies "baby come out" CD. I can't wait to really really really meditate on that.
I'm sooo tempted...

Saw my OB yesterday and scheduled out everything till 42w. Today, that makes me feel like I might come unhinged. I just want him to be here. Also doesn't help that I had a massage yesterday, and she worked a variety of things to encourage opening and labor. Ya think I had a single contraction? Ahh...no..

I really, really just want to go into labor and have a friggin' baby for pete's sake. No pit, no c/s, none of that crap. Just spontaeous, normal labor with a normal delivery. <end rant>

#17 of 166 Old 09-08-2010, 11:27 AM

I'm no there yet (please don't punch me!) but I know I will be. I've been reading along with you ladies and feeling your pain.

All of my three children have been past their EDDs and, although I hope I don't go to 42 weeks again, I know I'll go past my EDD this time too. My lucky twin sister has her babies at 39 weeks...why am I not so lucky? LOL!

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#18 of 166 Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Have my 41 week appointment today, and since my husband is on vacation now, he'll be coming with me. When we discussed it all last night, I was like...'tomorrow is Wednesday, we have prenatals on Wednesdays now, every week......FOR THE REST OF OUR MARRIAGE BECAUSE THIS BABY IS NEVER COMING OUT!!!!'

Yeah, and what's worse.....she was WAY WAY low the other day, like I could fit my fist between her butt and my ribs easily, now, she's back up high. I'm hoping this means she was in the pelvis in a funny position and then got out to re situate. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

I'm so irritated today. DH says 'you look sad, what's wrong.' I said "I'm pregnant, almost 9 1/2 months pregnant, I'm tired, I'm tired of being pregnant, I'm grouchy, I'm grouchy because I'm pregnant.' I think he's gonna regret this vacation before the baby time too.
#19 of 166 Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM

I'm not sick of being pregnant, but I AM sick of the texts, facebook wall posts, and phone calls. Especially my SIL. She apparently thinks she needs to know AS SOON AS anything starts happening. She just texted me to ask if I've felt any "birthing waves," so now I'm pissed at her for being so damn nosy, and also pissed at my parents* for telling her the hypnobabies lingo, as if she has any reason to know it. I literally NEVER talk to her, she has not made a single non-baby-related post on my facebook, this is the first time she's ever texted me, and there is no way in hell she's coming anywhere near me during my birthing time.

But I can't bring myself to tell her any of this because I don't want to hurt my brother, so I'm just ignoring her, which will maybe also offend her? I was thinking of just replying "No," but then I worry that she'll respond with "Well, let me know as soon as you feel anything!" to which I'd have to respond with SOMETHING, because she would know that I got her text. I would just tell her as nicely as possible that I don't want anyone other than my support people to know when I'm having my birthing time because I don't want to feel pressured in any way, but my mom thinks that's extremely rude for some reason and won't let me tell family that.

In fact, my mom won't even promise not to tell people when my birthing time starts, which was almost a deal-breaker for her being at the birth. She said, "Well, I won't call anyone, but if someone calls me I'm not going to lie to them." I was like, "Why would you be answering the phone while I'm having a baby??" and she was like, "Well, I have a life, Chelsea. You just need to stop worrying and let go of things you can't control!" I was like, "There are things that are completely out of my control, but this is a reasonable request I'm making of you that you are just refusing." Then she was like, "Fine, I won't even come to the birth if you're just going to act like I'm trying to ruin it!" and I just kind of growled and stormed off down to her basement (where DH and I live). I've been super-grumpy for the last few days, can you tell?

Anyway, eventually I just kind of got over it and was like, "Well, I'm sure she won't give people permission to come over or anything." and I'm not even planning to let her or anyone other than DH (who works from home) know that the birthing time has started until I have the midwife come over (having a homebirth, obvs), which I don't intend to do until pretty far into the process. My hope is that things will be intense enough by then that once Mom comes down to the basement she'll just stay here, where you can't hear the phone ring. I do want my mom at the birth, she is very supportive and believes in me and has listened to all the hypnobabies CDs like a trouper...I just don't want anyone else there, or to have the weight of their expectations on me while I'm trying to focus.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#20 of 166 Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

I'm being good and sitting on my ball. What am I getting for it? A sore tailbone. That's it. Seriously.

Today is a grumpy day. After last night, having everyone at my natural parenting group oooh and ahhhh over how "great" I look and seem to feel. Yes, which clearly means I am not having this baby any time soon. That pisses me off.

Oh, and my MIL? Yeah, AnneCordelia, I'm not going to punch YOU I get that she leaves for Europe on Monday for 11 days, and I get that she wants to be here for his arrival. But really--I'm NOT letting them section or induce me for your convenience. Sorry. YOU scheduled a trip when I would be 41w pg, not me. And NO, I will not "keep him in there" till 43w so you can be here. Uh uh, no way. You of all people should understand since you went over by 3, 2, and 1 week--you only had ONE baby "on time" out of FOUR!
<END RANT> (again...I'm getting redundant)

BTW, did I mention my friend who is an LMT worked EVERY uterine point for, like, 20 minutes last night at my "I'm past due" massage, and i had not ONE contraction??

#21 of 166 Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
'tomorrow is Wednesday, we have prenatals on Wednesdays now, every week......FOR THE REST OF OUR MARRIAGE BECAUSE THIS BABY IS NEVER COMING OUT!!!!'
I lol'd.

#22 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 AM

Happy Due Date to me!

Though on the list it says 9/10. I don't think I changed it after the Dr/Ultrasound did. Though I guess if I keep that one, I won't be overdue yet!

#23 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

LOL m2c!! Happy EDD either way.

I'm feeling a bit more positive today since I had good sleep last night, and my DH is being really, amazingly supportive. We were talking about or plan for week 41-42, what our "natural induction" agenda would entail--chiro, accupuncture, etc--since I'm a VBAC and want to avoid pit unless a complete last resort. I was feeling guilty by not trying any of the other stuff this week since his mom leaves Monday afternoon. But he vehemently said that our plans for having this baby should have nothing to do with when she's here or not I needed to hear that.

So today is just another day. 40+3...

#24 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 09:43 AM

Pink- I'm glad you're feeling more positive! I think that has a lot to do with being able to go into labor, I need to snap out of it and start thinking some of the affirmations that were posted rather than just sell my body short.

I hope you get to deliver soon!

#25 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Yeah, I second the positive stuff. At our MW appt. yesterday I was a terrible crank and I think I put our MW in a bad mood. I texted her later, and she said no, I didn't bum her day out, so that was good, unless she lied, but I'll take a lie at this point. At the end of the appt. we hugged a long time and I said 'Christy, please tell me I'm going to have this baby at some point' 'You will, and it won't be long'. That made be feel better, even it that was a lie too.

Today is 41+2, and the first day of DH vacation of SAHD with me. I think at 42 we will start acupuncture, and I'll probably do a NST on Monday, so that gives me the weekend to have the baby so I won't have to go, just because I don't want to go to ANOTHER appointment.

But seriously....we have GOT to have these baby's soon, I mean, come on!
#26 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 12:14 PM

So nice to know you ladies are here. I'm 41+1 today and tears are streaming down my face as I type this.

I got so little sleep last night because I was so uncomfortable and Baby was so low. I thought surely I'd go into labor. Just when I was drifting off, DH shook me awake because I was snoring loudly. Yeah, let me tell you how that did NOT go over with me, especially when I couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

This morning I got up early to do chores around the house (might as well) and DH is like "you're up early; are you excited about the baby?" I prettymuch just glared at him.

Yesterday, I was wincing as I waddled out of the post office and this stranger exclaimed "Wow! You look like you swallowed a basketball!" and I started crying on the spot.

I've lost my car keys, but I can't drive from all the contractions anyway. I'm burning up my too short already maternity leave because I'm too exhausted/crazy to work. Every time the phone rings, I scream "leave me ALONE!!!"

Y'all, I am losing it big time. I'm so sad and just totally worn down. My u/s on Tuesday (though I know they're notoriously off) estimates this babe tobe, on the very lowend, 7 lb 13 oz, but they think he's probably more of a 9lb-'er. I'm so huge and still scratching myself until I bleed from the remaining PUPPP rash. I just want to go to sleep and wake up in a month. Please send your loving thoughts my way. I'm heartsick.

#27 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
So nice to know you ladies are here. I'm 41+1 today and tears are streaming down my face as I type this.

I got so little sleep last night because I was so uncomfortable and Baby was so low. I thought surely I'd go into labor. Just when I was drifting off, DH shook me awake because I was snoring loudly. Yeah, let me tell you how that did NOT go over with me, especially when I couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

This morning I got up early to do chores around the house (might as well) and DH is like "you're up early; are you excited about the baby?" I prettymuch just glared at him.

Yesterday, I was wincing as I waddled out of the post office and this stranger exclaimed "Wow! You look like you swallowed a basketball!" and I started crying on the spot.

I've lost my car keys, but I can't drive from all the contractions anyway. I'm burning up my too short already maternity leave because I'm too exhausted/crazy to work. Every time the phone rings, I scream "leave me ALONE!!!"

Y'all, I am losing it big time. I'm so sad and just totally worn down. My u/s on Tuesday (though I know they're notoriously off) estimates this babe tobe, on the very lowend, 7 lb 13 oz, but they think he's probably more of a 9lb-'er. I'm so huge and still scratching myself until I bleed from the remaining PUPPP rash. I just want to go to sleep and wake up in a month. Please send your loving thoughts my way. I'm heartsick.

I'm so sorry. I really really am. Hubby should shut it, IMO. I've told mine to never ask the 'C' question, because no, I'm not having real labor 'c's' and want to NOT be reminded that I'm not in labor and still pregnant. If it does make you feel any better about the u/s, typically they are more off when guesstimating a truly small or truly larger than average baby. You got to see your baby though? that's good? right?

I'm really so sorry you are so miserable, and I know it's pretty crappy at this point, and I don't have the rash.

The snoring thing, he should just move to the couch. You need sleep, no matter how loud that may be.

I wish I could say something magical to get baby to come out. Have you looked into the 'baby out' cd by hypnobabies? I started mine last night (still pregnant though) and it kinda made me feel better.
#28 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 PM

Oh, crafty-I just saw you are in Nacogdoches, maybe it's a combo of the weather too? I'm in Austin and we had all the crappy weather yesterday mainly, and still today, and it really got to me yesterday.

Hugs again!
#29 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Crafty, sweetie, I'm so sorry. Go lie down and have a good, long cry. Sob hard. It feels so good!!!

And definitely don't let the u/s get to you--my guy was estimated at 7-11 at 36w3d! I'm now four weeks past that. Your body won't grow a baby too big.

AFM--Playgroup with my crunchy momma friends, including my backup doula. It was a perfect fallish morning here, and I loved every minute of it. When everyone else left, it was just me and the backup doula, and she called me out--she said i had at least 2 contrax while we were there that I had to stop through. She was right, but it was more like 6 in 2 hours-ish. I'm not sure if it's anything or just some prodromal labor, but I'm brewing up some strong RRL tea and sitting on the ball.

#30 of 166 Old 09-09-2010, 03:34 PM

Poor Crafty! I cried just reading about how miserable you are. I wish I had more to offer than just

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page