My mom says the baby is coming this week... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd love to see her crystal ball!! People ask me often, 'when is the baby coming'... I dunno, lets rub my tummy and find out?

I'm still saying I'll be pregnant in October (EDD 9-20 with a history of post date)...

That said... I hope she's right... My BP is manageable right now (rocking that 140/90 line too often though) but my feet won't stop swelling. On my feet for 10 min and I can't bend from the ankle down. They look bruised they're so swollen! My flip flops are leaving indents.... This keeps up, I'll have to wear slippers out...!

In 3 min it will be Wednesday... The week is half over... Gee ma, you couldn't have told me WHEN this week??

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
#2 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 12:57 AM

Well, hope she's right!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#3 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 01:05 AM

Hmmm, my mom told me the same thing.

It'll be interesting to see if they are right.

I soooooo hope it's 'mommy intuition'.

I totally feel you on the feet swelling thing. Ugh. Cankles and swollen toes are not attractive. And really, when flip flops are starting to become a 'not okay' choice, ya know it's not good.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#4 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

I've never swollen... It's related to my BP but I can't get it under control!! I even pulled out my oldest pair of flip flops because they're stretched out from being worn to death (they're just cheap-o $2 flip flops from walmart so they wear out, lol) and I still got indents...!! Not cool!!

MIL asked me today if I had anything else I wanted done before the baby came (she's been helping out getting things organized and put away since I'm supposed to be on modified bedrest for the BP) and I told her yeah... the house needs to be cleaned again... I can't do it because within 10 min, my feet double in size! So I'm mainly sitting on my bum waiting for labor to start... BLAH!

JTA: When are you due?
My mom also said she has a feeling this is going to be a fast labor. Can't say we disagree with her on that one... We've said it for a while now that we're preparing for a possible UC because we think once this baby decides to come, he/she is coming... NOW.

~ Fe ~
#5 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 01:25 AM

Oooh, I want someone to come clean my house too. I find myself putting my feet up and restricting activities just because the swelling freaks me out a bit. BP is still stable, but *still* big puffy feet are not normal! Bedrest sucks too. I was on it with ds, and it really messes with the nesting urges. While laying around I could see *all* the areas that needed attention. Plus had all the other million little things running through my mind that I couldn't see.

I'm due the 24th. Been having lots of prodromal stuff, so who knows when I'll go. Shoot, I even went to L&D once because I was contracting that much/intensely. Nada. Even had a few contractions I had to moan through and felt some pushing urges for. I might just end up with a UC due to denial at this point.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#6 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Well.. swelling can be completely normal... Swelling along with elevated BP or other sypmtoms on the other hand...

I've swelled off and on for a few months, nothing major until very recently. My BP at my last visit with my MW (which was at 35.5 weeks) was 150/100 with +1 protein in my urine. Modified bedrest, leaving work and pushing fluids like a mad woman has brought me down to averaging 130-140/high 70's and 80's and trace protein (which is normal for me during pregnancy anyway). So while I don't quite fit the pre-e diagnosis yet, I fear I could the bigger and bigger I get...

I've had some insane braxton hicks like contractions but with back discomfort and a def feeling of bearing down (baby bearing down hard on my cervix). I have no idea where I stand cervically (just what I was at 35.5 weeks which a fingertip and 50% effaced) and honestly hope that the next time I see my MW is when I'm having the baby. If not and I do see her next week (at 39.5 weeks) I'll be asking for a check and possibly for her to sweep membranes to try to get things moving.

I hope our mama's are right and this is our week...I'm so done.. I just want to hold and snuggle my baby.

~ Fe ~
#7 of 9 Old 09-11-2010, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

So... It's Saturday... It's only 8am but I've got no signs of impending labor... Don't think the baby is coming in the first week of September mom! Tomorrow begins week 2 of Sept... LOL.

I have had ALOT of contractions and bearing down as of late and my belly is getting smaller and smaller (from rotation and dropping) but no baby yet... And I don't think it'll be today.

~ Fe ~
#8 of 9 Old 09-11-2010, 10:00 AM

hope she's right!

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..Sadly miss my dearest son T.J that passed 1/19/2014 forever in my heart!
#9 of 9 Old 09-11-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

LOL, I doubt it.... It's almost 6pm...

And while I think I managed to engage the baby in my pelvis walking up and down the stairs at the movies taking DS potty (FOUR times!) and I'm crampy and sore.... I just don't see this baby coming today. In 6 hours and 11 min, it will be Sunday... The start of week 2 of September, lol.

~ Fe ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page