any one bugging you to get induced? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
are any of you getting lots of pressure to get induced? it's irritating when i know i dont want to be induced bu i'm so miserable it sounds appealing... and every one keeps pushing me for it... any one else have this problem!?

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 PM

both of my cousins who had twins have asked me why I haven't yet...

most of my family knows that I am very much against induction unless it is necessary... because after DD was born I was talking so much about how it did not hurt at ALL compared to with DS!

DHs family all know we are planning a homebirth and inductions really not something that fits in with that.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

thats the part that is so irritating to me... my family all know how i feel about induction.. i've jsut started saying..

"my cervix isnt favorable... so even if they tried to induce me today, it would likely be a very long process and may not even work and i'd end up with a c-section... and i reallllllly dont want to try recovering from a c-section with 4 kids 5 and under at home...."

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
Old 09-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Since hitting my due date I have had "so has the Dr set an induction date yet?" comments.

I'm not completely against induction (it wasn't horrible with my second at all and I was able to birth without an epidural and felt in control of it), but since I wasn't even dilated at my last appointment I don't want to risk it yet.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
Old 09-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Actually I fantasize about it, but dh won't let me. Probably since we just sent $1400 on a HB MW and birth pool!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 09-11-2010, 08:49 PM

not yet but i have 2 weeks til my due date.. I'm sure I'll get it since i'm already getting "omg when are the twins due" and the like and no one believes that I'll make it to my due date much less anything past that. ugh so annoying.. I'm praying that most of the people i know know enough about me to not ask that.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
Old 09-11-2010, 09:05 PM

Just my midwife and her entire practice. There are details in the emotional dumping ground thread.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 09-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Everyone keeps asking, 'why do they LET you stay pregnant so long?' or 'when will they take the baby?' I'm fine, baby is fine. Leave me alone!

I am a VBAC, though, so I get to pull out the uterine rupture with pitocin card

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 AM

not too bad yet but i think i'll be in for it after my EDD next week.. i've gotten more of 'how long are they going to let you wait' .. 42 weeks. leave me alone.

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
Old 09-12-2010, 12:32 AM

Ummm....do people REALLY not know that term is 42 weeks? Seriously!? Like with MP, why would anyone suggest you get induced NOW when you're not even 40 weeks? That's CRAZY To me and BEYOND rude.

Oh, and Pink-yeah, we have the same 'out' for that topic. Although, if I had to choose between a pit induction and the risks with that, I'd opt for that over ERC. But that's just me. And the 'take the baby' comments, I started a thread on this, and I think it's one of the WORST phrases to use for birth, especially to a prior CS mom, like you don't (you may not, but I did) already feel like your first was 'taken' from you, the next one is going to be? YKWIM?

But, no to the OP, no one has commented on that, I try and keep those people out of my 'bubble of peace'.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:39 AM

Only my SIL, but apparently she is actually ANGRY with me for not having induced yet, at 40+4. She told DH on the phone, "That's really dangerous. There could be complications. Doesn't her midwife want her to induce?" He just laughed and told her that our midwife wants to wait for the baby to come out on his/her own. I mean honestly, it's not like I'm having any health problems, the baby's still moving around just fine, my blood pressure is normal, etc.

I think she's just taking her only experience of childbirth, where she went into it as someone likely to be screwed by the medical system (38, pregnant with her first, and fluffy) and put her care into the hands of doctors who filled her with horror stories and fear and pressured her into lots of interventions that she may or may not have needed but that she certainly didn't question, and trying to apply that to me and my birth, which is just a whole different thing. I feel for her, I really do, but I wish she would just trust that I'm making the decisions that are right for me and my baby and our situation!

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
Old 09-12-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
Like with MP, why would anyone suggest you get induced NOW when you're not even 40 weeks? That's CRAZY To me and BEYOND rude.
because of the fact that I am miserable from having strong contractions 24/7 for the past two weeks now...

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:04 AM

My OB is the only one talking about it at this point. I don't have another appt with her until next Thursday and I imagine she will talk some more about it. Because I have GD, she thinks we need to do it between 39-40 weeks, but I'm not so inclined. My sugars are completely under control with diet alone. Recent ultrasound shows baby to be of a very average size. I am just not worried about me or the baby at this point. What I don't like is that I think I will have to fight with her not to induce. I don't want to have to fight, but I will if I have to.

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 09-12-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambyrkatt View Post
My OB is the only one talking about it at this point. I don't have another appt with her until next Thursday and I imagine she will talk some more about it. Because I have GD, she thinks we need to do it between 39-40 weeks, but I'm not so inclined. My sugars are completely under control with diet alone. Recent ultrasound shows baby to be of a very average size. I am just not worried about me or the baby at this point. What I don't like is that I think I will have to fight with her not to induce. I don't want to have to fight, but I will if I have to.
Congrats on keeping your sugars at bay! That's so GREAT! I'd tell her exactly what you posted (the bolded part) hopefully she will lay off and realize you are going to make an educated decision and YOU are going to make the decision and she's only going to make you pissed if she presses.

User Tag List