Real Deal???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I'm having contractions every 6 minutes (for at least an hour), 50 to 70 seconds long. Flu symptoms: headache, nausea, increased bowl movements....
way more pain in my cervix area than ever before and BACK PAIN!

This started after a rough cervix exam where she tried to strip my membranes but couldn't because I wasn't dilated enough. That was around 1pm today... had on and off contractions, but they got painful around 7 and I started timing around 8:45.

Basically the pattern right now is contraction, go to the bathroom, contraction, go to the bathroom... I'm sitting here drinking my nightly RRL tea having DH do a load of laundry trying to see if they get closer together... if they don't I will try to sleep, if they DO I will be too excited to sleep!

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 01:10 AM

I'm excited for you!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:20 AM

For me, the difference between false labor and real labor is the trips to the bathroom between contractions. So, if I were you, I would think it was the real deal. Good luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:48 AM

this sounds like me right now... Except that I don't have loose bowels... But I've heaved quite a few times...

Problem is, I can't tell if there is a rythm to mine becasue the back pain is quite intense... I get up and pee in between the contractions and I def feel different... but not sure if it's labor or just something I ate... baby is still moving around, though now I feel those movements way into my pelvis and it's NOT fun.

Bella was wham bam labor there was no doubt.. this time I'm sitting here going... 'I woke up feeling this way and it's getting more uncomfortable.. .is it or isn't it?'

Hoping it is for you mama!!!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Baby is SOOO LOW. At my appointment today she said he was at 0 and was "Right here!" They were 6 minutes apart for a long time, then slowed a little, now are picking up again. I really think baby will be here in the next 48 hours at the most.

My head is POUNDING! And I'm getting nauseous... DH just walked in with garlic bread and it felt like first tri again, I wanted to barf from the smell! Where did that come from!

I've been trying to sleep but excitement/pain are keeping me awake! Thats why I'm back on here! I must say... the ball is AMAZING, best 20 bucks I've ever spent, anytime the pain in my back or hips gets bad I get out of my rocking chair and go to ball and its sooooo nice. Everyone needs one of these!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Also... I've heard old wives tales about the baby getting hiccups before birth... he's had hiccups all night! LOL!!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:50 AM

Good luck! I really hope it's real labor for you and that you'll meet your little guy soon. I know you've got to be sick of the GD and the talk of induction has got to be frustrating (I'm in the same boat but due a week after you).

Can't wait to hear more!

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 09-14-2010, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Well I slept about two hours woke up to a strong contraction and rushed to the bathroom (ended up only needed to pee)...but my boobs hurt bad (not just the wasp sting one lol) and turns out my colostrum is in. That Freaked me out!! Untill now I've only seen occasional clear drops of fluid and now yellowish stuff is coming out. Kind of freaky for a 24 year old first time mom!

That has kind of put me in a panic that I won't be able to do it....I'm so scared of my water breaking...I have no idea what it will feel like. I have a waterproof pad on my bed and on my rocking chair. But my biggest fear is it will break and the contractions will get more intense and I won't be able to get through them... My sister/doula is 40mins away and has a son to drop off before she can come, and the hospital is 20-30 minutes away (luckily between our houses if things work out that way). DH assures me he will be calm and helping remind me ways to cope...but he normally freaks out when I'm in pain (he's only 23!) so I'm worried he'll freak out. Well I'm glad I could vent some fears on here as things are hurting a little more.

I'm swinging between starving and wanting to puke so I'm afraid to eat...any suggestions on what I should try to get down??? I haven't eaten much in the past 24 hours due to the flu like symptoms so I'm low on "fuel" already.

Thanks for all your support!!!!! You all have so much knowledge and experience!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 AM

Hey...I'm with you! 6 min apart and headachy. I'm going to eat some cereal... Good luck!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM

Try some toast with honey or butter if it sounds appealing. And drink drink drink! Try and take a sip of liquid between every contraction.

DS September 2008 and DD September 2010
Old 09-14-2010, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

I managed to get 3-4 hours of sleep and when I woke up the pattern became more erratic. Tons of hip pain.....contractions any where from 2-15 mins apart. Out to breakfast now, then going apple picking... Hoping that walking around will get them regular again or at minimum distract me for a few hours!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:45 PM

I experienced similar, and I just got back from an hour-ish walk. Definitely have picked up in frequency since then! Keep up the good work, momma.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 09-15-2010, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Things were on and off all day... so annoying... They would pick up and be five minutes apart for a few hours, and then spread out.... I managed to get more sleep this afternoon. And after that things slowed down enough that the nausea went away and I ate a LOT of food! I felt like thats exactly what the break was for. The contractions picked up after that and my DH rubbed my back while we watched TV.... then we went for a walk and they are still going. Really really hoping this baby comes out soon! Preferably by his EDD on friday... Have an OB appointment thursday and if the baby still isnt here we will be stripping the membranes then.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:47 AM

Good luck! I hope this is it for you, and it picks up... maybe you'll be holding your babe today!
Sending lots of ELVs!

...And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 AM

Best of luck, mama!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Easy birthing mama. Can't wait to hear more!

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 09-15-2010, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Went to bed with contractions 4 mins apart and woke up with them 4 mins apart! I'm having on and off pain in my hips, back, groin, and pretty much everywhere else in that region. Still haven't had any sign of my mucas plug which is discouraging. Makes me think that this could go on for some time. At this point I'm just hoping he comes by his due date, Friday, because this back pain is getting so bad I might have a break down if he doesn't come by then.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:57 PM

Sending ELVs!!!!

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Sigh.... so frustrated right now... it seems things have stopped.... still lots of pressure on my lady parts.... but thats pretty much it. DH is very frustrated and thats not helping me at all. Hes pretty much saying its my fault because I don't want to have sex....

Well I have an OB appointment tomorrow for a NST and they said if I'm dilated enough they will strip my membranes. I don't know how I could NOT be at this point considering I was nearing 2 on monday and have had contractions ever since. If I'm not past 2 tomorrow I'll probably just cry right there in the office....

Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Went to the dr.... all is good but I'm only 2cm!!! After days of on and off labor I'm only 2cm!!! She stripped my memebranes today.... hoping that starts things up. This baby has seven days before I face induction!!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 PM

Glad to hear you were able to get your membranes stripped and really hoping it works for you! I'm facing induction the end of next week and was really hoping for a membrane strip today, but wasn't dilated enough to get it. Oh well... maybe at Monday's appointment.

Good luck!!

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Contractions are 3 minutes apart, water has NOT broken, but things have been steadily progressing for a few hours, so we are going to head out to the hospital soon. Going to time a few more to be sure they are still close.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:40 AM

Go mama! Can't wait to hear your birth story!
ELVs

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Had my baby tonight!!!! Mark Robert 7lbs 9oz 21inches! Born at 9:14pm via c-section. Not what I wanted or expected, but it was probably the best route to go! I'll post the full story in a new thread in the next few days!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 04:10 AM

Congrats!!!

And welcome to the world, Mark Robert!!!

Happy Babymooning!

I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted. I ended up with a c/s with ds, so if you want any tips or just someone to talk to, pm me.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

Old 09-19-2010, 09:59 AM

Congrats!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 09-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Welcome baby!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

User Tag List