Tired of being excited or depressed about the "signs" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now I'm getting it whenever I get a (stupid, worthless) contraction. It's like the contraction squeezes my urethra! Lovely.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Bladder infections can be common especially in late pregnancy when it's hard for the bladder to properly drain. For me, that would be worth a call in to my HCP and I've never had a bladder infection. Those symptoms sound eerily similar though.

I thought yesterday might be it...the contrax had a different feel to them. But I had a great night's sleep and now I'm not contracting at all for once in weeks and weeks. Hahaha! Maybe THAT is a sign?! :P I wasn't going to take any chances so I took a shower this morning and bathed my youngest stinky child incase I wouldn't get a chance later.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#33 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 02:46 PM

Well just for some encouragement - I went from convinced I would be pg another week or longer to baby in less than 24 hours... Apparenetly that last round of mucus and BH DID mean something -so eventually the signs do matter! just saying.. Cause i would never have believed it until it happened... It wil be over soon mamas!
Posted via Mobile Device

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#34 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
My water broke at 1:56 am! Dh is filling the birth pool! It can happen to you!
Awesome, mama!

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
#35 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
That's it! I'm gonna post EVERY FREAKIN day about how I have no signs.
I know, right?!?!

No signs here... less than no signs, if that's even possible. I'm 39 weeks but my body is holding strong to the belief that it's still 35 weeks and needing to hold this LO in.

#36 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Whatever that feeling was, it's gone, so I don't think I need abx or anything. If it gets worse I definitely will though.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#37 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 04:19 PM

Ugh, I'm joining you ladies here. My due date was only a couple days ago, but every night I go to sleep expecting to wake up to ctx... but all I get is a sore back! I loved being pregnant last time, was so patient going past my edd, now, with a toddler, it sux!
I wanna be done! But if anything my bh have slowed down, and at my last mw appt baby had moved UP. Ugh!
But that little voice is constantly like 'how about now? is this it? are we there yet?'
Soon though ladies... it'll be soon!

...And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

#38 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia View Post
I thought yesterday might be it...the contrax had a different feel to them. But I had a great night's sleep and now I'm not contracting at all for once in weeks and weeks. Hahaha! Maybe THAT is a sign?! :P
It was for me... after weeks of prodromal, I TOTALLY thought I was in labor... then it fizzled out. The next day, NO contractions. That night, sudden baby.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#39 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 05:10 PM

I've had that bladder pain feeling before too. I think it's something to do with the baby lying in a certain way and maybe some slight contraxs? Sometimes my contractions feel like they start in my bladder and move upwards and onwards.

You know what sucks the most about being prodromal? It feels like I don't really get to recuperate from 'labor attacks'. At least, if I wasn't getting hours of contractions every day, I could do something. Because when I'm in the middle of those, I don't want to do anything but breathe. I get nauseous during them, so riding in a car is horrible. Walking while feeling a major charlie horse in my abdomen AND feeling like I'm going to pee/poop myself is also a major turnoff. It really feels like I *need* to go. And walking around in a store, where there may be lines for the bathroom...

And for some reason, my SPD has flared really bad the last couple days. All of it is focused in the front part of my pelvis too. I am so jealous that this woman is able to do this at 40 weeks. Some of those moves would have me on the floor crying in pain.

However, she DID go into labor 8hrs later...very very tempting.

And now, for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS_zkvTMdUM&NR=1

Anyone up for trying this out?

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#40 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Going to go cry myself to sleep. Nothings working.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#41 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Going to go cry myself to sleep. Nothings working.
*hugs*

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#42 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
Now I'm getting it whenever I get a (stupid, worthless) contraction. It's like the contraction squeezes my urethra! Lovely.
This is exactly how I felt all day and night before my birth!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#43 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by bri276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
This is exactly how I felt all day and night before my birth!
Humph! I dont' have urethra squeezing contractions.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#44 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 05:00 PM

Trying not to get my hopes up... but my contractions are really far apart (like 15-20 minutes, furthest apart they have been since they started!) and very very strong and if I move during them it hurts my cervix.

Of course... things being different have meant nothing so far so yeah, trying not to get too excited but it would be GREAT if it were doing something!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#45 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
Originally Posted by bri276

Humph! I dont' have urethra squeezing contractions.
Yeah, well, that feeling went away and now I'm unable to walk and scheduled for a pt induction tomorrow and haven't even had a single mild BH all day so and

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#46 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 06:29 PM

Aren't we a sorry lot...

"Yeah...well, I'm more miserable than yoooouuuuuuuu."

hehehe

(I'm not, actually. It just seems like we all keep trying to outdo each other with our miserableness. )

This end of pg stuff is rough. My poor dh is trying so hard to be mellow for me, but he's really tense. He made lots of plans around this baby coming on time, and nothing is panning out. We have company coming this week and next. And next week he HAS to work, and this week he has to do some to prep for next week. He pushed a bunch of meetings to October so he could be home when the baby comes, but now, October is the month it would be nice to have him home...

And, there's still no sign of anything. I was lying down for a while and the baby moved it's little head back to my left hip! When I up, even for a few minutes, it settles back down in the center, but all this floating makes me nervous.

And my cervix is still high, shut, and posterior! What's with that? I'm 41+3!?!

I did do a lot of emotional dumping and clearing yesterday that I didn't realize I needed to do. If I can just fall into a deep sleep tonight for long enough, maybe labor will start. Maybe?

After I rest for a bit, I'm going to go walk up and down our hill a few times and see if I can get the baby jiggled down a bit. I'm not counting on it, though. Everything is all messed up again, so I'm looking forward to going to the chiro to be straightened out tomorrow night. While I'm there, I'm going to ask her to do some acupressure. She said she's good at it...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#47 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 PM

Ami-that video was crazy. I can't imagine...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#48 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 06:32 PM

Yeah, Im trying for a walk today too. Guess what the castor oil and everything from last night did?

Nada. WOO.

Though I am still having the very spaced out strong contractions that hurt my cervix... my cervix remains unchanged. Hoping the walk helps her get into position if thats whats keeping her.

#49 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 PM

So my contractions have become super painful. SUPER PAINFUL. As in knock me out, give me drugs, this HURTS painful.

But they are all weird and spaced out and irregular.

Crap. One's starting, hold on....

Ugh...it's like 20-30 seconds of torture. It starts really low in my uterus too--almost feels like someone is knifing me there or something, spreads upwards, then then back into my hips. My hips feel like they are being stretched apart. And not in a good way.

I'm also bleeding. Well, old brown blood, but no more mucus. The bleeding started yesterday night and hasn't stopped. None on my pad, but definitely fills the tp. Is that normal?

Stupid contractions. This better be it. I want this over with so badly it's not even funny. I woke up early this morning with them, was up for a few hours, went back to bed when they went away, then woke up a couple hours later with them again.

Also, is it normal to have mini-baby contractions in between that aren't as painful but definitely noticeable?

I think my body is broken or something.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#50 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 09:29 PM

backache

probably just from the walk. not really noticing if its coming and going. Still have a lot of pressure between my legs when I stand up but not when I sit. cervical crampings pretty much stopped and the contractions have either gone away or my backache hurts so much im not even noticing them now.

ETA - I say and then get a contraction.

Which, btw, makes me wanna pee. but i doubt that means anything. we will see!

#51 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 09:38 PM

Took a long nap and woke up with a lower backache and achy calves. Ugh. Oh, but here's something... I have a very painful cystic pimple forming on my jawline. That could actually mean something. With DS, I had perfect skin until I went into labor and immediately broke out.

But the reality is, that as much as I don't want to induce, I believe that's what's going to happen. So frustrated by the whole situation.

#52 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 09:45 PM

I've had some pretty good bh all day. They're really close together, painless, and I can't imagine that they'll actually turn into anything. This morning I was still freakin constipated. That passed (lol) but still no diarrhea or anything that would make me think I was getting READY.

Amanda

#53 of 59 Old 09-19-2010, 09:45 PM

ive noticed I am breaking out a lot more the past couple days too! And Im not more than a week and 2 days from having this baby for certain!

#54 of 59 Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 AM

Ohhhh I'm having urethra squeezing ctx... and I've been pooping more (I woke up consitpated so this is a happy happy happy thing!) I'm gonna go to bed and hope I have a baby by Tuesday.

Amanda

#55 of 59 Old 09-20-2010, 02:11 AM

I've had contractions on and off alllllll day and the baby has hiccups and I'm just an emotional mess. I refuse to have another Sunday baby (football needs to be watched lol)so that was ok there wasn't anything real going on, but come on. I didn't need to be so uncomfy all darn day.

obstruct livery vehicles

#56 of 59 Old 09-20-2010, 04:18 AM

Bought black cohosh tincture and have taken it 20 drops every hour in my drink for the last 4 hours.... nothing happening at all. Not taking any more tonight. Going to put my headphones on and go into the kitchen to clean a little and then maybe watch some True Blood before I get to bed.

I have an OB appt and an NST tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and let them schedule the induction with the hopes that something will happen before then. I'm hoping I can push it out to 9/27 which is my due date according to u/s dating. For some reason (and I think it's typo) the doc has my due date on my chart as 9/24. There is no way that's an accurate due date, as we only DTD one time that cycle and I know what day it was. We went through this at my first appt and midwife agreed, and yet somehow it got written down as 9/24 when 9/27 makes much more sense. 3 days didn't seem like a lot back then, but now it totally does!

#57 of 59 Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 AM

I cant believe I fell for it again last night

and I wake up to?

nausea and cramping but not contractions. still cant find my cervix to know if its changed or just super high.

#58 of 59 Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Hey Maeryn,
I've been lurking in your DDC of late and thinking of you--hope your babe comes REALLY soon! I hope your cervix is changing by the minute!!!

kat

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#59 of 59 Old 09-20-2010, 08:12 AM

nausea = i was hungry

cramping = gas

going back to bed. very sad.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page