Tired of being excited or depressed about the "signs" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Anyone with me?

If I have diarrhea, part of me is excited that it might mean labor will begin. And of course, it doesn't.

If I feel weird, nauseous and shaky, part of me is excited that it might mean labor will begin. And of course, it doesn't.

Today, I have energy and feel like doing lots of stuff. So, of course, I am excited that labor might begin! But it likely won't.

I wish that I could completely ignore the things my body does without thinking, "This could mean something..."

To burn off my energy, we're going to Indian buffet for spicy food and then to walk around the mall. At least I'll get some good food out of it (though it is always a zoo on buffet night, especially when you are trying to get a table for 5.)

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#2 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its like the two week wait, every sign of pregnancy and yet you can find out your are not pregnant!
I hear ya, I am so over it! I had diarrhea 4 times yesterday, today some plug coming out, but really, I have been seeing these signs for weeks and nothing. I am trying just to get back to a normal life and trying to ignore the rest, but I am so tired from the insomnia and my body is so big and uncomfortable that I really can't do much anyway.
WTF!

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#3 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM

Ive been trying to ignore it but there's always that... oh but this time its a little different!

But obviously never different enough.

Like right now I have this odd pressure down below... it doesn't mean I'm in labor it probably means I walked too much at the mall. But it doesn't stop the back of my head from thinking... oh, but MAYBE. I AM past 40 weeks after all. It COULD be.

But it isn't. It never is. And quite frankly yes, I do honestly think I believe it never will be. I am starting to get very scared I am going to end up induced on the 28th... because I don't want that. I desperately do not want that.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Not me.. There are no signs. *sigh*

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#5 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 07:55 PM

yes.. i'm also tired of comparing these signs to signs i had (and recorded in a journal) from my previous pregnancies.. i had way more signs with my DS and ended up induced at 41 weeks so obviously.. they meant nothing.. and i have had LESS going on this time.. so... yeah.. i'm more obsessed with the fact that i'm never ever going into labor and ALL of this means nothing :P but there is still that little voice in my head that thinks it could be today..

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#6 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 08:25 PM

Yeah, I am tired of this, too. Right now its flushed cheeks and really bad PMS-type symptoms. I am exhausting myself cleaning and re-cleaning everything for weeks now because I was convinced (due to "symptoms") that I would have this baby a couple of weeks early. I am due day after tomorrow so "early" isn't going to happen, but I am near tears thinking of having to re-wash, re-scrub, re-shop several more times before the baby gets here. I may be the only woman on the planet who "gets" to have a HB but doesn't like it. I don't like the pressure of having to have an immaculately clean house (my own standards, not my midwife's). I feel like I am hosting a party and everything must be in perfect order! Ugh!
#7 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 08:56 PM

8pm. Here comes the nightly strong frequent convincing contractions.

At least its predictable.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#8 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 PM

Oh I'm totally right with you. Contractions coming and going, neasuea coming and going... I'm so sick of this. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow.

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#9 of 59 Old 09-16-2010, 10:05 PM

Ugh I FEEL YA!
Im ready to strangle someone, and yet im trying to remind myself to just remain calm, meditate, enjoy these last few days (weeks). But then it all goes out the window when i get a contraction..or a burst of energy..or a huge drop in energy. Its torture! Im just so damn excited about everything...about having a VBAC, AT HOME!!, having a birth pool tease me in my living room every day, HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!. All these things just get me so ready that at every twinge im ready to jump. And i really really really dont want to be THAT pregnant woman..lol. I have been a doula for three years and THOSE women would drive me bonkers, lol. I AM THAT WOMAN. Im the one researching how to induce labor. I should know better! YOU CANT induce labor! You can help soften your cervix...thats it. I know this, and yet every night...im researching something, anything that will put me into labor.
So then i convince myself " it will happen when im not trying". So then i purposely spend a day " ignoring" it to see if labor will happen...knowing all along that I am only doing it so that labor starts..lol.

THIS is why labor usually starts at night...when our minds and bodies are calmed. Smart.

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

#10 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Been having to go potty more than usual (#2)

I almost had a heart attack earlier because I pulled out the TP for my usual post-pee-blood-check (lol eeeeew i know)

and it was covered in EWWWW WTF IS THAT

but once i got my bearings straight I realized it was my EPO capsules, having started to dissolve but then just came out instead.

#11 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Today baby is very low and I feel really shaky but I am NOT going to obsess about it!

#12 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 01:58 PM

Finally had some blood tinged mucus.. not a lot, and I know it means nothing, but still encouraging to see.

Amanda

#13 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
Finally had some blood tinged mucus.. not a lot, and I know it means nothing, but still encouraging to see.

#14 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdtm99 View Post
i had way more signs with my DS and ended up induced at 41 weeks so obviously.. they meant nothing.. and i have had LESS going on this time..
Yup. By this time with DD, I'd lost tons of mucous, was 4 cm dilated, was BIGGER. And still ended up induced 8 days over. Now I'm 2-3, not having any discharge beyond normal pregnant grossness, feel really small and unripe, like i have another month to go. And I will induce again, I'm personally not comfortable going past 41 wks. So, there it is. That's what's going to happen.

And yet, I had a contraction this morning that was sooooo hard and painful. Couldn't talk or breathe through it, it was like a pitocin contraction! Did it do or mean a damn thing? No.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#15 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boarder15 View Post
Oh I'm totally right with you. Contractions coming and going, neasuea coming and going... I'm so sick of this. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow.
I'm right here with you! Due today but no great signs of anything happening. I was 8 DPD with my 18.5 month daughter so obviously it's nice and cozy in there for my kids But I'm SO done with the symptoms teasing me over the past 2.5 weeks! Oh the nightly contractions too! Let's meet these babies ladies! I wish you all the best for your deliveries!
#16 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 05:03 PM

I could have written your post word for word... including getting Indian food tonight I think mother nature makes the end of pregnancy so freaking miserable so that you are looking forward to labor. I have no fears or worries, I say BRING IT ON!!!

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#17 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 05:52 PM

Im going to end up induced... I know it.

#18 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 06:06 PM

Just got a fortune cookie that said,

"You are what you think about all day long."

Oh, so I'm in labor? Nope!

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#19 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 PM

Yea, by this point I've given up. Maybe that's what's holding me up? The constant mantra of 'probably NOT it' isn't helping. But it makes me feel better than constantly thinking it *might* be it.

I am convinced Nugget will still be in my belly 20 yrs from now. I'm going to have to go to school for him and everything. Yep, I can see it now, wheeling myself to his Junior High classes, sitting through Algebra again.....

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#20 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA Mom View Post
Yea, by this point I've given up. Maybe that's what's holding me up? The constant mantra of 'probably NOT it' isn't helping. But it makes me feel better than constantly thinking it *might* be it.

I am convinced Nugget will still be in my belly 20 yrs from now. I'm going to have to go to school for him and everything. Yep, I can see it now, wheeling myself to his Junior High classes, sitting through Algebra again.....

Ami
Nugget can marry Mae... the first married couple to still be in their mommy's tummies.

#21 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA Mom View Post

Ami
I have the nightmare that I am back in high school and they say I didn't complete all my credits... uuuugggggghhhhhh.

#22 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdtm99 View Post
yes.. i'm also tired of comparing these signs to signs i had (and recorded in a journal) from my previous pregnancies.. i had way more signs with my DS and ended up induced at 41 weeks so obviously.. they meant nothing.. and i have had LESS going on this time.. so... yeah.. i'm more obsessed with the fact that i'm never ever going into labor and ALL of this means nothing :P but there is still that little voice in my head that thinks it could be today..
So on the 16th in the evening... she had absolutely no hopeful signs, and yet her baby was born the next day at lunchtime! There is hope for us!!!!!!

AFM, my baby is very low and my cervix hurts all the time. Surely that counts for something?

#23 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
So on the 16th in the evening... she had absolutely no hopeful signs, and yet her baby was born the next day at lunchtime! There is hope for us!!!!!!

AFM, my baby is very low and my cervix hurts all the time. Surely that counts for something?
So awesome to hear about another mama with no signs and then pop, here's the baby! I really need this to happen.

As far as I can tell, baby is lower today after a long walk yesterday. I had hoped to repeat the walking today, but my SPD has declared otherwise. Hopefully she's low enough to be putting some pressure on my cervix now to get things started. Right now, I don't even care if it ends up being a really long labor as long as it just starts.

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
#24 of 59 Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 PM

I dont know whats going on... I hurt. Like... its not between my legs like it would be baby (and upon check shes really no further down) but its in the low front. Just behind the pubic bone and it huuuurts.

#25 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

My water broke at 1:56 am! Dh is filling the birth pool! It can happen to you!

#26 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:
My water broke at 1:56 am! Dh is filling the birth pool! It can happen to you!
That's it! I'm gonna post EVERY FREAKIN day about how I have no signs.

I'm happy for you mama! Hopefully you're holding a baby or close to it!

Amanda

#27 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 09:38 AM

good luck!

I'm wondering if I have a UTI. I had to pee immediately when I got up or I was going to pee myself (not like normal pregnancy urgency, like OUCH, and burning). And now that I've peed, I still feel like I need to pee and there's a ton of pressure in the urethra area and it burns a bit. I've only had one UTI before and it didn't come on this suddenly! I was fine seven hours ago!

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#28 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
good luck!

I'm wondering if I have a UTI. I had to pee immediately when I got up or I was going to pee myself (not like normal pregnancy urgency, like OUCH, and burning). And now that I've peed, I still feel like I need to pee and there's a ton of pressure in the urethra area and it burns a bit. I've only had one UTI before and it didn't come on this suddenly! I was fine seven hours ago!
Ive had that lately too... was hoping it was babys head putting pressure on my bladder but I dont think so since she STILL hasnt dropped

#29 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 AM

Okay, it's gone. So whatever it was, I guess not a UTI?

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#30 of 59 Old 09-18-2010, 10:16 AM

whatever it was/is will probably come back if its whatever I have/had

i got so excited last night. everything felt so different. i had SO much pressure down below that the only place I was comfy was on my ball and this morning?

*sigh*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page