Please PRAY this is Labor!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
September 2010 > Please PRAY this is Labor!!!
BumkinsMum 10:02 PM 09-19-2010
I walked up and down my driveway for an hour and still baby didn't come until I decided to rest , sometimes they just have to have it their way don't they!

AustinMom's Avatar AustinMom 08:08 AM 09-20-2010
So, yesterday morn at about 430 called my Doula to come over and just 'be' as things got REALLY intense, she recommended a walk and/or a shower, did the walk, I think it tired me out enough to be able to sleep sitting up against the bed on my birth ball as lying down was NOT happening. Then, I ended up moving to bed, slept between contrax and woke up deeply, loudly vocalizing through them. Then, got up, took a shower and they stopped (as usual) at around 9am.

I know the shower *could* have stopped them, but based on the last 2-3 days, I'd say it didn't, that's just their pattern. So we then slept till 2pm. That was nice. I did have my Doula give the run down to my MW who said she wanted to see me if possible, went to see her, she wanted to do an exam, so I did (we don't plan on having any in labor, so I knew it was needed to have one since she was rec. it) Turns out we are 4-5cm, which is good, but with my son, I was 4 at 38 weeks and did the natural induction at 41+3 and my body never took over. So there is really no telling how long we have been this far dilated. She did say my cervix was pretty posterior and not all that effaced, so she as gently as possible, pulled it anterior and held it there for a bit. OUCH! Reason number 15 we are not doing exams in labor unless need be!

So, we're in it again, for the 4th night in a row, it's gradually gotten more and more intense, some of the contractions now have two peaks, which is WAY fun, but we are just seeing how things go.

42+6 today!
teamsalem's Avatar teamsalem 08:44 AM 09-20-2010
You rock, mama! Your patience and perserverance are amazing! I'm so happy that something is happening for you! I hope things move along soon. Keep us updated!
craftymcgluestick's Avatar craftymcgluestick 06:04 PM 09-22-2010
AustinMom, thinking of you today. Hope you haven't posted today because you're having a baby.
Monkey Keeper's Avatar Monkey Keeper 06:05 PM 09-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
AustinMom, thinking of you today. Hope you haven't posted today because you're having a baby.

I was lying in bed this morning hoping that we haven't heard from you because you were birthing! to you
RedOakMomma's Avatar RedOakMomma 12:20 AM 09-23-2010
Sending you lots of s and support, AustinMom!
AustinMom's Avatar AustinMom 03:29 AM 09-23-2010
We had her FINALLY! Long birth story, lots of unexpecteds happened, turns out the end is a Cesarean and a NICU baby, will give more details later after a good night's sleep. Sorry to leave everyone hanging . Things are looking on the up and up though!
craftymcgluestick's Avatar craftymcgluestick 09:13 AM 09-23-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
We had her FINALLY! Long birth story, lots of unexpecteds happened, turns out the end is a Cesarean and a NICU baby, will give more details later after a good night's sleep. Sorry to leave everyone hanging . Things are looking on the up and up though!
BIG AustinMom. I hope things are getting better every minute with you and Baby Girl. I know this is not what you planned and obviously no one wants their baby in the NICU, but I am so proud of you! You have handled this pregnancy like a champ with grace and dignity. I look forward to hearing updates and in the meantime am sending lots of healing vibes and love to you and your family.
Monkey Keeper's Avatar Monkey Keeper 10:45 AM 09-23-2010
AM, you and Baby Girl are in my prayers. Crafty said it well, but you did good, momma! Much love coming your way
lawmama1984's Avatar lawmama1984 11:07 AM 09-23-2010
AustinMom, DDC and big I have been thinking of you often. You have been so strong throughout this pregnancy. You are truly an inspiration for patience and faith in your body. I am sorry baby is in the NICU, but I am glad everything is looking up.
cjarvis's Avatar cjarvis 09:35 PM 09-25-2010
I hope you and baby girl are doing well. I have been thinking about you.

Big
ChelseaWantsOut's Avatar ChelseaWantsOut 11:29 PM 09-25-2010
This past week has been a big blur so I just now caught up on this, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you AustinMom, and I hope you're doing well and your baby is doing well! So much love to you!
1  2

Up