Nikita Farryn Joined Our Family!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So Nikita's already 9 days old and I'm just getting around to getting on the net. Congrats to all the new babies that've been born!!

We were scheduled for a c/section on Wednesday September 8, 2010. I was soooo nervous about just "walking" into the hospital calmly to have a baby and for some reason I was terrified of having the spinal done. So we got to the hospital by 5am and they hooked us up to the monitor and we heard our precious babe inside me for the last time. They got an IV started and pushed fluids. They inserted a catheter, which really sucked and started prepping for the c-section. Around 7am my mom, brother, DD1, and my BIL came up to the room and I just about lost it. It just made everything feel so much more real and I got really emotional. Especially because DD1 was scared and I could see it on her face and hear it in her voice. She made me cry because she told me she didn't want me to go. I tried to stay strong because I know that seeing me cry would scare her even more. I explained that I had to go because the doctor was going to help mama get the baby out and that I wouldn't be gone long at all and when I got back I would have her baby sister with me. I gave her a long hug and a big kiss goodbye and savored the last moment of my big girl being the only child. As soon as they wheeled me out into the hall I just started bawling. They took me back to the operating room to get ready for the spinal. DP had to don his operating suit and wasn't allowed into the operating room until they had everything all set up. The spinal wasn't bad at all! It was nothing like I was thinking and didn't really even hurt. It took effect within just a couple of minutes and they started prepping me for surgery. I was so happy and relieved when DP was allowed to come back there with me. Then my doctor came in and talked to me about my request for dissoluble stitches instead of the "real" stitches that he prefers to do. I was so grateful that he agreed to my request! My SIL has had two c/sections and said by far that the one where she got the dissoluble stitches, was way way easier recovery and less pain than "real" stitches. So within minutes of our conversation, our baby girl was born. She cried much more than DD1 and I immediately forgot what was going on with me and my surgery and could just focus on that one tiny little cry in the room. DP went over to see her as they were cleaning her up and he brought her to me, "She's beautiful" he said with awe in his face. I couldn't believe that she was here and she was perfect. She had a lot of hair and she was so much tinier than I had imagined her. Nikita Farryn was born 9/8/2010 at 7:46am, 6lbs 14oz and 18.5 inches long. She's just perfect. I loved seeing DD1 meet her little sister for the first time. It was a great feeling.
I had serious thoughts about how I could love someone else as much as I love DD1, but it just happened instantly. I would die for both of them. I love my girls with all my heart and I have no idea what I was even worrying for. She's doing great-had a bit of jaundice but we've been putting her in sunlight and she's doing great with breastfeeding, she's a huge eater! Not sure how much weight she's gained but she's filling out her preemie clothes more now. She did lose a bit of weight while in the hospital until my milk came in (down to 6lbs 5oz). We'll find out next Tuesday how much she's gained at her doctor appt.
She fits in perfect with our family and I can't imagine not having her with us. It's only been 9 days and it feels like she's always been here. We're all so in love with her.

Stephanienut.gif, RT, Mama to Jenergy.gif (4/06), Nfencing.gif (9/10), and someone new stork-girl.gif (2/14), partner to Vdrum.gif and Learning to take it one day at a timepraying.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 01:47 AM

Congrats on the wonderful addition to your family!!!

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#3 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 02:22 AM

Congrats!!!

And welcome to the world, Nikita Farryn!!!

Happy babymooning!!!!

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#4 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 12:25 PM

Congratulations! Glad you got your disovable stitches! Nice to hear about all of our healthy nursers!!!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#5 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Congratuations!

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..Sadly miss my dearest son T.J that passed 1/19/2014 forever in my heart!
#6 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 04:10 PM

Congrats! It's amazing how they fit right in. I understand exactly how you feel. Our family just became more perfect 12 days ago.
Enjoy!

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
#7 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 09:38 PM

Congrats and welcome Nikita!

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#8 of 9 Old 09-18-2010, 10:24 PM

Congratulations!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#9 of 9 Old 09-19-2010, 09:03 AM

Welcome Baby!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page