Who else is still pregnant? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2010, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdtm99 View Post
maybe its a sign! i got a fortune cookie the night before i went into labor that said "all your dreams will come true" ... i went to bed and i woke up in labor
I smell a business opportunity -- Positive Pregnancy Fortune Cookies. Cute packaging, delicious cookies, each stuffed with a positive birth/ pregnancy/ labor/ motherhood affirmation.

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 02:41 PM

Having contractions this morning that are pretty strong. Not doing anything yet... but its enough for me to go ooooh maybe this is it... then when i dont have another for a while think... oh no they stopped. Then I have another...

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Had some fairly strong contractions last night and had a dream that I was having contractions and bloody show (maybe that means I was having contrax in my sleep! lol)...but then I woke up very dissapointed lol.

Midwives appt. went well, we discussed BPPs and NSTs (she just wanted me to have the info in case it's something I wanted to explore...which I don't at this point). I'm comfortable going to 43 weeks without any further monitoring and then I may consider having the midwives come for unofficial NSTs (done with fetoscope where they just listed to baby for a period of time to check for variability etc). REALLY hoping it doesn't come to that...

@Mae...I really hope this is it!

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
Old 09-23-2010, 03:21 PM

My mom told me its dangerous for me to be home alone now lol

she is convinced at this point I will go from OMG IM IN LABOR to baby in hands in less than the 20 minutes that it will take DH to get in his car and get home (and 20 minutes is if there's traffic)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:45 PM

Still here. 39+4. Had an appt. with my MW yesterday and she checked me for the first time. it was quite uncomfortable and a few hours later I started getting these really uncomfortable stabbing pains way down near my cervix. They slowed down later in the evening but for a while, i thought i might have a baby last night. Oh well.

Bilingual mama to DS J 6/4/06 and new DS C 9/27/10  homebirth.jpg
Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
My mom told me its dangerous for me to be home alone now lol

she is convinced at this point I will go from OMG IM IN LABOR to baby in hands in less than the 20 minutes that it will take DH to get in his car and get home (and 20 minutes is if there's traffic)
DDCC - I have a feeling DH is going to be the same way when I get near my due date. He already calls me on lunch to ask me how the baby is moving. Its slightly odd but I've always loved how big his heart is.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Old 09-23-2010, 04:51 PM

I'm still here... 39+5 and not a sign of anything happening. I have an NST this afternoon and am very much thinking about going ahead and asking if I can just be admitted for the induction instead of waiting until Sunday. It's making me so depressed and anxious to have this looming over my head and I am convinced that nothing will happen before then anyway. Guess we'll see...

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 09-24-2010, 10:36 AM

Still here... 40+4 ... Dilated to 4CM, 90% effaced, -1 station. I am so done. MW did a membrane sweep yesterday, unintentionally stretched me from 1.5 to 4 (she said the thin band of cervix gave away without even trying, lol) and pulled and moved my cervix over the rest of the way so it's completely midline (it was slightly off to the side still). Ouchies to all of the above but I had a lot of brown discharge last night, that turned to yellowy mucus this morning and I think I saw a little bit of blood tinged mucus. Super crampy, lots of BH and I'm thiniking of taking a little bit of cohosh to try to put it ahead. I see my chiro again today and I'm going to ask her to yet again work the accupressure spots for me (she's done so twice this week, Monday I got several hours of contractions after!). She's been really awesome about that, good thing cuz I can't reach my feet anymore, lol.

BP still elevated, MW took labs yesterday and my almost gallon of urine for a protein screen.

She told me that all of her September babies have been born... Except mine... Waaah! I laughed and told my belly 'do you hear that? all the other September babies are out, can you come out too???"

REALLY hoping for a baby this weekend... I feel like I've been hit by a truck, my hips and pelvis spread early this week and I can now no longer walk without waddling..

My current facebook status says 'waddle waddle, ouch ouch... sweet baby please come out!!!'. Not bad for creativity at 6am this morning!

Good luck fellow mamas!

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM

I don't know about any of you but I am so insanely cranky, it would be best for all mankind if I would just gave this little darling already.

I'm due today and have another checkup this afternoon. I was 2cm on Tuesday, not sure if she will check me again today or not. I'm going to let her strip my membranes if she can reach them. I was too posterior last time.

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:52 AM

i'm still here and majorly down. I'm fine with still being pregnant but I want baby to turn. I have a chiro appt monday afternoon which was the soonest he could get me in. i'm 39+5 now and expected to go to 40+ but now I"m really trying everything i can to turn this little one and nothings working. I"m so scared I"m going to have to end up with a c/s all because the freaking doctors here won't even let you attempt vag breech (and he's not telling me anything about position or anything else!) ugh.. I still want to UC but now I have everyone telling me how i'm crazy for not just scheduling a c/s right now and be done with it all. I actually loved my birth with dd and i really wanted another one and this is our last baby. I'm just frustrated and dont really know what or where to post anymore so i just haven't really been around much. I have another doc appt monday but at my 39 week appt he could barely reach my cervix. I was 1 cm, high, thick and posterior.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 PM

backs killing me, waters still off and people wont shut up about baby.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Still here too. Went to hospital Wed. night. Had contractions 2 minutes apart for about 6 hours. Of course they started to ease up once we were on our way. We got there, got checked, walked for awhile. Baby didn't look so good on the monitor - FHR was very flat, minimal variability and some decelerations. Midwife wanted to watch me overnight. Ended up getting IV fluids. We decided to start pitocin in the morning. We ran it for 9 hours and I had minimal cervical change - 3 to 3.5 cm. So we turned it off and I came home around 7 pm last night. Baby is posterior and at -3 station, her head is not applied to the cervix. I feel like that's the problem. I have an office visit with the midwife today at 4:00. Going out for a walk now.

Kelly - Labor & Delivery RN, IBCLC, Wife of 22 years, Mom to 4
Proud Surrogate Mommy

Old 09-24-2010, 03:56 PM

I'm still here with nothing happening. I really don't want to do this induction on Sunday but with the GD, they really don't want me to go any farther and I am having the hardest time finding and decent research or stats about the risks of going past due date with it. My BPs have still been great, but my feet are swelling so much that they really hurt by the end of the day. My amniotic fluid has been slowly dropping. At 36 weeks, I had 19cm and now I'm down to 11... still in a decent range, though and the nurse said the baby's bladder was pretty full, so when it emptied, my fluid level would be higher. Oh and I've started losing weight. I weighed this morning and I am down 5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I never did gain or lose anything the entire pregnancy but have started losing in the last few weeks with no real idea as to why because I think I am eating enough. Maybe I'm not... the GD certainly makes it harder to always eat enough.

Really wishing something would happen today, but feeling certain that it won't. Really just want this baby out so I can make sure she's ok. Quality of movements has really gone down, but she has still been passing the NSTs. Hard not to get too nervous, though.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:42 PM

Still here, 41+5 and counting...no action whatsoever.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Dear baby,

My pelvis has officially surrendered. You need to ge out. Gentle Reminder: if you wait too long, you'll be stuck with Dr. McNasty from the OB office and a chemically induced eviction proceeding.

Love, Mama

(Two chiro visits this week; I've never been to the chiro twice in 5 days, and I'll be going again Monday probably. Sacrum out at first, pelvis out at both. Yeah, pelvis hurts.)

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:06 PM

I'm 8 days overdue and have reconciled myself to the fact that I need to be induced. I have uterus didelphys so I'm just not comfortable going any farther overdue.

I go to the hospital tomorrow to have my water broken.

babyf.gifborn 25 September 2010
Old 09-25-2010, 02:57 AM

Canadianne - glad to hear that you have been able to be at peace with being induced. I don't know why really, but I am having a lot of trouble getting to that place and I know it would be so much better if I could be there before I check in to the hospital on Sunday.

I've spent most of this week moping around. I want to be excited, knowing that I will be meeting my daughter on either Sunday or Monday, but I am just so scared that things won't go well and I'll end up with a c-section, that it's hard to get psyched up for this.

Does anyone know... with DS, my water broke before labor started at 37w6d and after going about 15 hours without and pattern to my contractions and them not really doing much (was dilated to 3cm), I ended up getting pitocin. It worked well and dilated me the rest of the way in about 7 hours. Since I had success with it before, am I likely to have success with it again?

Old 09-25-2010, 08:50 AM

theres unfortunately no way to say...

track history of success or failure with it has no bearing on future use

which is why, despite it working for me with DS, I am also afraid of ending up having to go that route and getting a c-section.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
theres unfortunately no way to say...

track history of success or failure with it has no bearing on future use

which is why, despite it working for me with DS, I am also afraid of ending up having to go that route and getting a c-section.
I figured that was the case. And yes, it's why I'm so scared to do this induction. I'm so worried that if I do end up with a c-section, then I'm going to end up with PPD. Ugh... never-ending cycle of worry.

Today is my last day for things to happen naturally. I really hope they do, but I would be shocked if they did.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Im worried I have already developed PPD...

I bawled myself to sleep last night, poor DH lay there holding me for half hour while I cried... he needed sleep because he had to drive my kids to the airport today!

They are on the plane now. No signs of labor (other than regular contractions... which I have been getting for weeks so that's not really a sign) so at least Mae shouldn't be coming while daddy is a few hours away.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:08 PM

My doctor, and a few other sources I've talked to, said that pitocin-induced labors tend to have a reduced result of c-section IF the woman has given birth vaginally before. It's the first-time mom inductions that really get me worried...not so much the ones of a mom who has given birth before, or especially multiple times.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 09-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Im worried I have already developed PPD...
I am worried about this, too. I fear that only "the perfect birth" will be enough to pull me out of this funk that I'm in now. I can't seem to make myself get motivated to do anything. The only days I have left the house recently are the days I've had NSTs or OB appts and so those are the only days I have been able to convince myself to actually get dressed or shower. I just want to sleep. That's pretty much it now.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Yep.

DH asked if I wanted to go with to the airport today. I said... "for many reasons, no."

The main reason? I just want to go back to sleep and not wake up until Mae is here.

Other reasons are a bit less depressing... I cant handle sitting in the car 3 hours... I dont want to drive 3 hours from home when I am THIS pregnant even though Murphys law says that would be enough to throw me into labor... and I just cant handle seeing my kids leave like that. It was easier to see them leave with DH out the front door... not down a walkway with a total stranger (granted a stewardess... but still)

Old 09-25-2010, 03:22 PM

41+6 today, I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow. I was really hoping to have a baby by now!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:26 PM

I sympathize... I will be 42 weeks Tuesday and thought I would have had her about 4 weeks ago! But could still have over a week left!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
My doctor, and a few other sources I've talked to, said that pitocin-induced labors tend to have a reduced result of c-section IF the woman has given birth vaginally before. It's the first-time mom inductions that really get me worried...not so much the ones of a mom who has given birth before, or especially multiple times.
Your doctor is right, I read many large studies that showed NO increased risk of c-section with pitocin induction after prior vaginal birth.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 09-25-2010, 03:40 PM

Now...

Its not an emergency (just wanna know how long til he is home) but seriously?

I am nearly 42 weeks pregnant and called my hubby... no answer. WTF. He has a hands-free device so driving is no excuse!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Now...

Its not an emergency (just wanna know how long til he is home) but seriously?

I am nearly 42 weeks pregnant and called my hubby... no answer. WTF. He has a hands-free device so driving is no excuse!
Yeah, that's risky business!!!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Showered

called again

still no answer

starting to worry and hope hes just a dork and put it on silence and forgot.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:56 PM

{{{MP}}} I have to say I don't care how flakey DH can be that would really be the thing that shoved me over the edge. This is NOT the time.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

User Tag List