Mothering Forum banner

Who else is still pregnant?

5K views 151 replies 41 participants last post by  Illiana 
#1 ·
It seems like so many have already delivered, how many of us are left?

#2 ·
I've been wondering the same thing. So many birth announcements! Well, I'm still here. I'm 41+2 today. I have a BPP scheduled for Tuesday and a date with some castor oil later in the week. Hopefully it won't come to that, though.

#6 ·
still here... 39+5. Hoping for a full moon labor... Which is on the 23rd (3 days post my due date).

no real signs... I'm cranky but i'm also hugely pregnant and a touch stressed out (do feel better after talking to my MW last night who told me my BP is a concern but not to stress over it... the blood work will be our guide and unless it's REALLY bad, we'll be doing some natural induction like castor oil first... yuck). Figuring this baby to be 1-2lbs bigger than my biggest (7.5lbs at 41.5 weeks, we guess 8.5lbs at 39 weeks with this one, based on gut feeling and belly palp) and I'm huge and uncomfortable. Thank GOD my giant uterus STOPPED growing... I was starting to think I'd hit 50CM but thankfully it was less this past time than it had been 2 weeks prior.

#8 ·
Me.

41+2, but not getting excited about anything yet. Midwife said maybe we'd consider castor oil at 42, but said her partner carried one to 43. She said she doesn't mind as far as I want to go, but at 42 weeks, she feels obligated to say a bit, just because she's licensed and all. Very laid back, no stress.

AFM, I'm just so tired from not being able to sleep, I can't imagine being in labor right now. I've had a couple of really uncomfortable LONG nights. I can't see that I have the engery to have a baby today. I'm going to take a nap and see if that helps.

#14 ·
I'm still here. 39 weeks today and no sign of anything coming. I'd be find with that if I didn't have GD and my providers pushing for an induction on my due date. I really don't like having to play this game of beat the clock.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambyrkatt View Post
I'm still here. 39 weeks today and no sign of anything coming. I'd be find with that if I didn't have GD and my providers pushing for an induction on my due date. I really don't like having to play this game of beat the clock.

No freakin kidding..I'm wondering which drastic measures I should start taking and when! This baby needs out by Friday!

#16 ·
Me too! Am 40 +2 and so tired and impatient! I was so chilled with my first, no rush... this time I just want to be done. But nothing much seems to be happening yet, and so we wait...

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
No freakin kidding..I'm wondering which drastic measures I should start taking and when! This baby needs out by Friday!
Let's see.... I have taken EPO orally and vaginally for the last 2.5 weeks and am only 20% effaced, so I don't think that is working. I tried walking, but that just makes my SPD flare up and puts me out of commission for most of the next day. Last night I hooked myself up to my breast pump for about 20 minutes... 10 on each side, and didn't feel a thing. Was planning on sitting with a book and both sides hooked up for a longer period of time later today if I can possibly get a bit of time to myself.

Wondering about castor oil, but I really just believe that my body is not ready and therefore will not respond to any of this (or a medical induction), so just that thought is stressing me out at this point.

Maybe I'll go to the store and get a bottle of wine. Take a nice warm bubble bath tonight with a glass of wine and then go straight to bed. Maybe the relaxation will help things along?

#18 ·
Me too, *SIGH*

I'm 42+4 today. I'm convinced that I'm going to be in denial about being in labor till crowning. It's crazy. I'm a VBAC (HBAC) and am told that sometimes VBAC moms have lots of prodromal labor to start breaking up that scar tissue, but I don't know.

Just1More-I'm glad I don't have to feel like the only one who is going past 'term'. Makes me feel good knowing that another has chosen the same thing
There is NO way I'd choose induction or ERCS right now over waiting. Hang in there! I'm with you!!!! Hoping we both have our babies TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

#19 ·
Me! i'm still pregnant!

my due-date was yesterday and I've been having weird labor/not labor for 4 days.
Every night after the kids go to bed but stopping by time I go to bed... about 4.5 hrs of solid contractions.
Today all the kids are out of the house, and DH is doing me some favors. So I am hoping to get enough rest and relaxation where if contrax show up again tonight I would have the energy to go into baby-producing labor.

#21 ·
I'm just now 39+3, so I'm still feeling fine to wait it out. I've never made it to my due date before (ds1 was born at 30 weeks and ds2 at 38+6), so that would be a pretty neat thing for me.

I think I've just got a mental block set up, though. Dh has been in Texas doing some Army training since Sunday. He's back in the state now, but go figure his monthly drill was backed right up to the training so he's still not home. My MW thinks I'll go into labor on Monday since he'll be home Sunday night.

#23 ·
I'm still here, though my EDD is 9/28 so I'm not getting impatient yet. Today I'm 38 weeks, 4 days.

With my DD, she came at 40 weeks, 3 days; I kind of assume I'll go close to 40 on either side, so I'm planning for another week, at least to be pregnant.

I don't mind and I'm actually not even ready in many ways (work, life, house).

I also had 3 pregnancy losses between DD and this baby so I'm fine with him doing what he needs to do and coming when he's ready. The other night I said to DH, I feel like I've been pregnant for 3 years! because I was either pregnant, recovering from a loss, having a surgery etc., for most of the last 3 years.

I'll "let" myself get impatient at around 41 weeks.

#24 ·
Still cookin over here

38weeks+3
due date is the 29th, so im not getting too impatient yet. My first was born at 40+5 ...so Im expecting to be here awhile. I have circled the full moon on our calendar though

No changes, still having contractions that start up in the evening and then teeter off when I fall asleep.

#25 ·
Me. I'm either 40+6 or 40+2 depending on who you ask. (Early u/s for the former, chart/wheel for the latter.) Getting scared of an induction even though the OB is cool with me waiting till 2 weeks post the later of the 2 EDDs. I'm really hoping to avoid an induction since I am planning a VBAC. Plus, my Bishop's Score is CRAP - maybe a 3.

#26 ·
Mines around a 3 too

Ive banned myself from Facebook until she comes now. DHs cousin had her baby and I cannot handle the sudden influx of YAY BABY + NOW WHERES MAE?

because seriously?

just hating my body right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.