Who else is still pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2010, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems like so many have already delivered, how many of us are left?

Kelly - Labor & Delivery RN, IBCLC, Wife of 22 years, Mom to 4
Proud Surrogate Mommy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 02:15 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. So many birth announcements! Well, I'm still here. I'm 41+2 today. I have a BPP scheduled for Tuesday and a date with some castor oil later in the week. Hopefully it won't come to that, though.

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

Old 09-18-2010, 02:23 PM

I'm here and just now due today. Counting on a baby by the end of the month. No signs of imminent labor going on.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:23 PM

Meeeee

41 weeks tomorrow and no sign of action...

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
Old 09-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Still pg at 39 + 1

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 09-18-2010, 02:31 PM

still here... 39+5. Hoping for a full moon labor... Which is on the 23rd (3 days post my due date).

no real signs... I'm cranky but i'm also hugely pregnant and a touch stressed out (do feel better after talking to my MW last night who told me my BP is a concern but not to stress over it... the blood work will be our guide and unless it's REALLY bad, we'll be doing some natural induction like castor oil first... yuck). Figuring this baby to be 1-2lbs bigger than my biggest (7.5lbs at 41.5 weeks, we guess 8.5lbs at 39 weeks with this one, based on gut feeling and belly palp) and I'm huge and uncomfortable. Thank GOD my giant uterus STOPPED growing... I was starting to think I'd hit 50CM but thankfully it was less this past time than it had been 2 weeks prior.

~ Fe ~
Mama to C (3-25-06) and A (1-17-09) and Jameson Grant (9-25-10) my HBA2C baby!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:02 PM

Count me in too...39+1

Although, I lost a chunk of mucus plug yesterday night and this morning. Kinda icky but cool at the same time.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

Old 09-18-2010, 03:08 PM

Me.

41+2, but not getting excited about anything yet. Midwife said maybe we'd consider castor oil at 42, but said her partner carried one to 43. She said she doesn't mind as far as I want to go, but at 42 weeks, she feels obligated to say a bit, just because she's licensed and all. Very laid back, no stress.

AFM, I'm just so tired from not being able to sleep, I can't imagine being in labor right now. I've had a couple of really uncomfortable LONG nights. I can't see that I have the engery to have a baby today. I'm going to take a nap and see if that helps.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 09-18-2010, 03:15 PM

I'm really just a lurker, but I'm still here. Of my two due dates, i'm 40w today by the first and 39+4 by the other.

It's getting super depressing to come to our DDC since I feel so left behind. On Tue and Fri I had 3-4 hours of 7 min apart contrax that led to nothing.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:27 PM

I'm still here. 39 weeks tomorrow. Feels like it's gonna be a while.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
Old 09-18-2010, 03:46 PM

Also 39+1 here and making peace with at least another week. Not everyone can go early, after all...

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 09-18-2010, 03:47 PM

I'm still here and feeling good! I'm 40+6 today. Hope to have a baby within a week or so.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Me! I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and feel like this baby'll come in the next few days. My mom gets here Monday so it'd be cool if baby could wait til then.

Bilingual mama to DS J 6/4/06 and new DS C 9/27/10  homebirth.jpg
Old 09-18-2010, 04:03 PM

I'm still here. 39 weeks today and no sign of anything coming. I'd be find with that if I didn't have GD and my providers pushing for an induction on my due date. I really don't like having to play this game of beat the clock.

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 09-18-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambyrkatt View Post
I'm still here. 39 weeks today and no sign of anything coming. I'd be find with that if I didn't have GD and my providers pushing for an induction on my due date. I really don't like having to play this game of beat the clock.
No freakin kidding..I'm wondering which drastic measures I should start taking and when! This baby needs out by Friday!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 09-18-2010, 04:08 PM

Me too! Am 40 +2 and so tired and impatient! I was so chilled with my first, no rush... this time I just want to be done. But nothing much seems to be happening yet, and so we wait...

...And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
No freakin kidding..I'm wondering which drastic measures I should start taking and when! This baby needs out by Friday!
Let's see.... I have taken EPO orally and vaginally for the last 2.5 weeks and am only 20% effaced, so I don't think that is working. I tried walking, but that just makes my SPD flare up and puts me out of commission for most of the next day. Last night I hooked myself up to my breast pump for about 20 minutes... 10 on each side, and didn't feel a thing. Was planning on sitting with a book and both sides hooked up for a longer period of time later today if I can possibly get a bit of time to myself.

Wondering about castor oil, but I really just believe that my body is not ready and therefore will not respond to any of this (or a medical induction), so just that thought is stressing me out at this point.

Maybe I'll go to the store and get a bottle of wine. Take a nice warm bubble bath tonight with a glass of wine and then go straight to bed. Maybe the relaxation will help things along?

Wife to Brian , mother to Xander 10/26/05 and new squishy, Claire 9/26/10 .
Old 09-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Me too, *SIGH*

I'm 42+4 today. I'm convinced that I'm going to be in denial about being in labor till crowning. It's crazy. I'm a VBAC (HBAC) and am told that sometimes VBAC moms have lots of prodromal labor to start breaking up that scar tissue, but I don't know.

Just1More-I'm glad I don't have to feel like the only one who is going past 'term'. Makes me feel good knowing that another has chosen the same thing There is NO way I'd choose induction or ERCS right now over waiting. Hang in there! I'm with you!!!! Hoping we both have our babies TODAY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Me! i'm still pregnant!

my due-date was yesterday and I've been having weird labor/not labor for 4 days.
Every night after the kids go to bed but stopping by time I go to bed... about 4.5 hrs of solid contractions.
Today all the kids are out of the house, and DH is doing me some favors. So I am hoping to get enough rest and relaxation where if contrax show up again tonight I would have the energy to go into baby-producing labor.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:11 PM

40+4, the most pregnant I have ever been.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:15 PM

I'm just now 39+3, so I'm still feeling fine to wait it out. I've never made it to my due date before (ds1 was born at 30 weeks and ds2 at 38+6), so that would be a pretty neat thing for me.

I think I've just got a mental block set up, though. Dh has been in Texas doing some Army training since Sunday. He's back in the state now, but go figure his monthly drill was backed right up to the training so he's still not home. My MW thinks I'll go into labor on Monday since he'll be home Sunday night.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:27 PM

Still pregnant. Due the 24th. One minute I'm soooo ready to welcome baby, the next minute I'm all choked up to say good-bye to my son being the only child. EMOTIONAL!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm still here, though my EDD is 9/28 so I'm not getting impatient yet. Today I'm 38 weeks, 4 days.

With my DD, she came at 40 weeks, 3 days; I kind of assume I'll go close to 40 on either side, so I'm planning for another week, at least to be pregnant.

I don't mind and I'm actually not even ready in many ways (work, life, house).

I also had 3 pregnancy losses between DD and this baby so I'm fine with him doing what he needs to do and coming when he's ready. The other night I said to DH, I feel like I've been pregnant for 3 years! because I was either pregnant, recovering from a loss, having a surgery etc., for most of the last 3 years.

I'll "let" myself get impatient at around 41 weeks.

Happy Mom of Maeve (6). Always missing my DD2 Daisy (22 weeks--June 2008). After an ectopic at 6 wks (11/08) and a miscarriage at 5 wks (12/09), Rainbow Baby Finn is here (10/3/10)
Old 09-18-2010, 06:44 PM

Still cookin over here
38weeks+3
due date is the 29th, so im not getting too impatient yet. My first was born at 40+5 ...so Im expecting to be here awhile. I have circled the full moon on our calendar though
No changes, still having contractions that start up in the evening and then teeter off when I fall asleep.

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

Old 09-18-2010, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me. I'm either 40+6 or 40+2 depending on who you ask. (Early u/s for the former, chart/wheel for the latter.) Getting scared of an induction even though the OB is cool with me waiting till 2 weeks post the later of the 2 EDDs. I'm really hoping to avoid an induction since I am planning a VBAC. Plus, my Bishop's Score is CRAP - maybe a 3.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:00 PM

Mines around a 3 too

Ive banned myself from Facebook until she comes now. DHs cousin had her baby and I cannot handle the sudden influx of YAY BABY + NOW WHERES MAE?

because seriously?

just hating my body right now.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Ok, 41 weeks tomorrow by LMP, already 41w1d by ultrasound. Had an NST yesterday since my MW felt the babies baseline heart rate was lower then her usual assessments. Thank goodness that went well, but I am planning a homebirth and found out that my back-up hospital induces at 41w4d. So either ignore, go to another hospital, or induce next week.
Acupuncture didn't work, herbs nada, homeopathics last night really started something, but I decided to try to sleep and when I awoke all the action was gone. Think we will do a membrane sweep on Monday. I really want this to happen on its own, but I am having a hard time believing it will happen on its own at this point.
Just feeling so sorry for myself, thinking about maybe doing some window shopping alone to clear my head.
Its so nice to have you ladies.

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:16 PM

You know how horribly it effected me that she had her baby first?

I had castor oil for supper (well I had cheesy chicken and rice with castor oil mixed in)

I hate castor oil. I have IBS. I am going to be in a LOT of pain tonight and I doubt Ill have a baby to show for it.

Drinking RRL tea infusion now. Took my EPO both orally and vaginally. Some black cohosh (don't have blue). Going to take a bath and try to take a nap in the tub since that's the ONLY place I can relax right now without people bothering me about having this baby.

I fully expect none of this to work but my goodness if it at LEAST helps my cervix to start getting ready enough that I can have my membrane sweep next week when I go in on Wednesday it will make me feel better.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm glad to know I'm in good company. I'm 39 + 2. I passed mucus plug for about half the day on Thursday. Occasional bouts of contractions but nothing I've actually felt the need to time. Lots of lower back ache, achy hips and pelvis. I am sleeping better - my few nights of insomnia fortunately didn't last long. The intended mother is on pins and needles - she was calling me 3 times a day this week just to ask how I was feeling and if anything was happening yet. That got old fast, so we talked and I assured her she would be called as soon as I felt things might be more than the usual discomforts. I'm really, really ready. Everything I've wanted to complete before labor is now done. I see my midwife Friday at 40+1. If I'm still pregnant the following week (Oct. 1st, 41+1) I want an induction.

Kelly - Labor & Delivery RN, IBCLC, Wife of 22 years, Mom to 4
Proud Surrogate Mommy

Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 PM

40w4d here!

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009

User Tag List