Anyone else just exhausted? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
B/c I'm seriously wondering where my nesting energy burst is.

I know it doesn't help that ds2 doesn't sleep through the night (so neither do I, for the most part), but seriously. I get up between 6 and 7 everyday (b/c that is when ds2 gets up) and by 11 I am ready for a nap. On days when I don't work, I'm taking 2-3 hour naps.. Then, instead of interrupting my nightly sleep, I'm out cold by 10:30 every night. And that is with me forcing myself not to go to sleep by 9!

It totally interferes with what I get done around the house too. It is a disaster and I have little motivation to do anything about it even though I NEED to. I just changed the litter box for the first time in goodness knows when.

Am I alone?

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Its 7pm on a Saturday and I am going to bed. (after a bath and some other relaxation)

You are not alone.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:36 PM

Me! I have not slept well, except a few nights, in 2 weeks. I have purple bags under my eyes. If I'm not careful to speak slowly, my speech gets jumbled. And I don't have a whole lot of motovation either. I need to be on my hands and knees or birthball or something, but, I just don't have it.

And then, yesterday, I went to the chiro for the first time. After she adjusted me, especially my neck, the change was amazing. I am still tired, and I still slept horribly last night. Actually, I'm still exhausted.

But, I was able to stand up straight. I had been trying to stand up straight and thought it was because I was tired that I couldn't. Nope...it was because my spine was all wonky. Now I just stand straight no problem. And this cloud over my mind was instantly lifted. Amazing. I felt SO much better.

Just saying, because it helped me SO much. The amount of times my neck popped was a little disconcerting, and I was very sore all night and today...but, it was ever so worth it.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

User Tag List