General menstrual type cramping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2010, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started having general crampiness starting last night. It is a bit worse this morning, but not terrible or anything. IT isn't crampy contractions, just a generalized crampy feeling that doesn't come and go. Can it be a sign of labor? Or maybe only if it were contraction related? I never felt like this with my other two. I'm really hoping that it means SOMETHING , though.
41+3 today.

Updated - I think I'm in early labor. Maybe? I've had crampy contractions every night after the kids are in bed, but tonight they are worse. Plus I had some pinkish bloody show! .

Much respect to you ladies with the endless prodromal symptoms. I'm going on a few days with them now, it is enough to drive me insane. Can't imagine going weeks like this.

Mama to DS (7) , DD (5) and DD (2) and expecting a LO in 2/14

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2010, 08:35 AM

I've had that on and off for the last couple of weeks, I really felt like I was menstruating, it was not like labor "waves", it was more like an ongoing cramping like you described... totally normal, body gearing up, no indication of a timeline though... but since you are nearly 2 weeks ahead of me, I'd give myself permission to get a bit excited Sometimes we just want to feel our body doing things.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutWax View Post
I've had that on and off for the last couple of weeks, I really felt like I was menstruating, it was not like labor "waves", it was more like an ongoing cramping like you described... totally normal, body gearing up, no indication of a timeline though... but since you are nearly 2 weeks ahead of me, I'd give myself permission to get a bit excited Sometimes we just want to feel our body doing things.
THanks for your reply. I'm hoping it means something. I haven't had hardly any real contractions, though, so it is hard to say.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:33 AM

Good luck Mama!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 AM

It really might be something...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 09-19-2010, 05:19 PM

Menstrual type cramps were all I had - when they finally checked me, I was 6 cm and 70% effaced. Dd was born 2 hrs later.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
Old 09-20-2010, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

No labor yet. But,....... I had semi regular BH contractions throughout the day yesterday, which is more than I had been having. And, I'm crampy again this morning. Nothing terrible, but it is a little worse than yesterday.
I'm so happy to feel SOMETHING. I think I'm about 4cm, which is different from last Thursday when my midwife checked me, I was 3cm then. 41+4 today.

User Tag List