Tomorrow is my due date... - Mothering Forums
September 2010 > Tomorrow is my due date...
sattygirl99's Avatar sattygirl99 12:34 PM 09-19-2010
And I fully expect it to come and go with my baby still nestled under my heart... But instead of being sad, frustrated, depressed or angry, I will be thankful.

Thankful that God has given me the ability to carry my babies to term and then some. So many babies are born premature and don't survive or have health issues for life. I've been given the gift of carrying my babies to the point where they are healthy and can survive on their own outside of my body.

So while I am done... I hurt, I'm physically and emotionally drained and likely carrying my largest baby, I will be thankful to have carried my (youngest 2, DS was induced early) babies for what feels like forever if that's what they need.

(And I will celebrate my due date by dinner out with a friend... We do it every other Monday but this week will be special because it's my due date )

It's hard to embrace your due date as it comes and goes, especially when mama's around you are having their babies and yours is still deeply nestled in there. But I will certainly try to think of tomorrow as a positive experience instead of a day of sadness that I am *still* pregnant.

That is all...

tribord's Avatar tribord 05:01 PM 09-20-2010

That sounds like a good way to think of things.
Ambivalent Dreams's Avatar Ambivalent Dreams 05:52 PM 09-20-2010

sattygirl99's Avatar sattygirl99 06:00 PM 09-20-2010
My dinner out got cancelled by my water breaking... LOL. I'm tempted to still go out but I think it would give my mom a heart attack if I did... She was so nervous about my coming back from the chiro and I wasn't even contracting then!
MamaChef's Avatar MamaChef 06:31 PM 09-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattygirl99 View Post
My dinner out got cancelled by my water breaking... LOL. I'm tempted to still go out but I think it would give my mom a heart attack if I did... She was so nervous about my coming back from the chiro and I wasn't even contracting then!

Woohoo! ELVs, Mama!
Up