Is this it? Help me decode... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2010, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As you all know, I've been in prodromal labor forever. Well, not as long as Maeryn () but it's been a good solid 5 days of intense come and go contractions.

I woke up early with pretty intense contractions. Starts down low (almost feels like I'm being knifed in the lower abdomen) spreads upwards, then outwards towards my hips. Forced myself to sleep through them as much as possible. Didn't work really well, although I think I had enough of a break between 2 of them I did fall asleep for a few more hours (while having some more contractions).

They are still happening and it's 4pm right now.

I started timing at 2:30 pm. Longest time between was 12 min. But it's all over the place. Sometimes 6 min apart, for a minute, other times, 12 min for 20 sec.

I'm also bleeding brown blood. Well, more like a light period, nothing on the panty but a lot when wiping. Not mucusy, just blood. I already am pretty sure I lost my mucus plug Friday night/Saturday morning.

Is this is? Anyone want to send lots of labor vibes/prayers to make SURE this is it???

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2010, 09:13 PM

Im guessing by the blood it is! Good luck! I wish I had bleeding to give me hope!!!!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 PM

This sounds like it could be it Mama!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 PM

Yep, think you are in the home stretch. Bloody show is always the best indicator for me. Plus your description of the contractions is dead on.
Walk around, moving should keep it going, if you can get some homeopathics, these have worked for me during early labor caulophylum 200 C and cimicifuga 200 C you can take 3 pellets alternating each every 2 hours.

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:06 PM

I'm guessing yes! With my son my contractions never got regular, they were all over the map, and on the way to the hospital spaced out to more than half an hour! (It was over an hour drive due to bad weather.) When I arrived, I asked my midwife not to check me because I was *sure* that I had come in too soon and wasn't really in labor. When she convinced me I likely was and checked me, I was at a 9!! I had two whopping contractions, pushed like 3 times and out came DS!! I would have had an accidental unattended home birth had I waited for regular contractions. The thing that sent me in was that my midwives always said that "I would know" when it was time to go and not to pay attention to the clock. Sure enough, I was floating of into "labor land" and feeling vague and off kilter. Mine didn't even hurt that much, but they were somehow different than BH and I knew it was time to go. The bleeding would be a tell-tale sign for me too! I didn't have bloody show until I was in active labor with any of my three. Best of luck!!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 AM

Hoping this has been it for you!!! I can't wait for an update!

User Tag List