Postpartum weight loss and exercise thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 10-10-2010, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have been out of town and away from my computer for the last week. Not much activity.... Did go running a week ago and then again on Friday and will go again today!!! We are staying with my parents while visiting, and don't have as much time to work out at all. I don't want to weigh myself either until I am back to my own scale.

Glad to hear everyone is doing good though!!!!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#32 of 39 Old 10-10-2010, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We restarted my wii fit account tonight (and DHs) as it was over 500 days old and 498 of them were inactive lol

So now I do not have my awesome weight loss scale... but Ill have it back here in a few days!

I worked on it some more today... my wii fit age today was 20 =D and then when we were done on wii fit, we played wii sports for a while... then had chicken and rice for supper.

If you dont count the entire wonkas scrumdiddlyumptious I ate today... and the can of pop I had (naughty me! I stopped drinking pop almost two years ago!) then today would be a productive day!

oh and wii fit says I am just under 230 lbs now! Its gonna suck when this inital postpartum weight loss stops... because losing 2 pounds every day has been amazing lol.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#33 of 39 Old 10-11-2010, 10:26 AM

Are we really supposed to wait 6 weeks to get the clear for exercise? I was planning on starting to walk this week (I'm @ 18 days post-partum), and was hoping to move on to running/jogging soon. I only had a first degree tear, and it's really not hurting anymore. Are we supposed to wait for bleeding to stop?

Regarding rewards, I love the idea of self-pampering: pedicures, facials, dying your eye lashes, getting your brows shaped, massage, maybe buy some new fancy make-up/face creams. I have never had a facial, and have only had about 4 pedicures in my life, so these are all treats to me! What a great idea to have a reward system!!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#34 of 39 Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelina View Post
Are we really supposed to wait 6 weeks to get the clear for exercise? I was planning on starting to walk this week (I'm @ 18 days post-partum), and was hoping to move on to running/jogging soon. I only had a first degree tear, and it's really not hurting anymore. Are we supposed to wait for bleeding to stop?

Regarding rewards, I love the idea of self-pampering: pedicures, facials, dying your eye lashes, getting your brows shaped, massage, maybe buy some new fancy make-up/face creams. I have never had a facial, and have only had about 4 pedicures in my life, so these are all treats to me! What a great idea to have a reward system!!
I wanted to wait for the bleeding to stop, because heavy activity just aggravated the bleeding, and wanted to make sure my uterus was doing good and I was officially "recovered." I overdid things last time, though, so I'm being a bit extra-cautious this time.

That is a good idea... hmm. Still going back and forth about the rewards. Most of the stuff that springs to mind is stuff for the kids or the house, rotfl, I suck at telling people what I want for Christmas, too... It's like what would I want? I don't know. I have everything I really need, but I'm kind of a minimalist. And when I think of something I really want, it's always something like: New bath mats for the bathroom, rotfl.

I've never done any "pampering"-- I even cut my own hair, hahaha. And I don't wear make up. Something like a pedicure sounds interesting, but I've never had anything like that done. I couldn't go for a massage, because my MIL keeps offering (she does massage for a living) and somehow the idea of my husband's mom giving me a massage weirds me out, but if I went and got one somewhere else she might get offended.

I've thought about just making it be clothes, but meh.

*sigh*

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#35 of 39 Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 PM

nak

i wont start heavier exercise until 6 weeks just to be safe... i had issues after dd1 due to never getting rest after she was born.

that said, my wii fit has things that focus on balance that keep me active without strain and some light aerobics (hula hoop lol)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#36 of 39 Old 10-11-2010, 02:36 PM

Well, I'm a c/s so slightly different.

Even so, tons of cultures have a period of time were the mom is supposed to rest after birth, usually 40 days ish. It's really easy to overdo it and set back healing. Also, it tkaes about 6 wks for your milk supply to be established too.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#37 of 39 Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM

AGH! I so WISH I could join this thread!

Baby is 5 weeks old, but I had a c-section and I'm not up to exercising just yet. I want, mentally, to take long hikes and be active just like I was before and during his pregnancy. However, the physical reality is that it ain't gonna happen like that for a while.

S'ok. Forced to slow down and appreciate other things. However, I feel like I've gotten out of shape or am in worse shapen than I otherwise would be... it's only in the last week and a half that I haven't been uncomfy on stairs, and I'm still not lifting laundry stuff.

My plans for eventually? Long walks. I'm already back at my pre-pg weight so that's not an issue, but I'd like to lose another 20 lbs.

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#38 of 39 Old 10-30-2010, 04:14 PM

And I'm fitting into pre-preg jeans with no muffin top.

Although, granted, these are my size 13 pre-Ozzy jeans, not my size 8 pre-Emma jeans, but, I am confident that I'll get there eventually, rotfl.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#39 of 39 Old 10-30-2010, 04:55 PM

Ok I"ll play.. I have a lot of weight to lose, so we'll just start with the baby weight. At 29 days out I had lost 32 of the 49lbs I gained.. 5 days later I was down another 2. So at 5wks out I still have 15lbs to go.. I just got my bloodwork back and started back on Synthroid, so hopefully that'll help me be able to get rid of it.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page