Postpartum weight loss and exercise thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok, I know there are lots of you that are just a few weeks (or days) out, but I think there are enough of us a month or more out to start this.

What are your weight loss and exercise plans?

I have less than 5 lbs left to lose, but have been here for about 3 weeks.... Yesterday I was able to fit in my skinny jeans, but barely....

I am doing the 100 push up and 200 sit up challenge. Also started jogging again yesterday (slow 1 mile). I really need to watch what I eat better. I have been all about sweets.

Please help me!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#2 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sub.

Postpartum appt is Wednesday. Will find out then how much I still have to lose, and will be cleared to exercise normally.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#3 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 01:52 PM

Well, I'm not even 48 hours postpartum yet, but I'm eager to start. That's the perk of baby going home with someone else - I feel pretty rested and only have to focus on my own recovery. I only gained 12 pounds during the pregnancy and lost 10 already. (That's what the baby weighed - I don't know why I didn't lose any weight for amniotic fluid or placenta) but I have at least 30 pounds of pre-pregnancy weight I'd like to lose. Right now I'm enjoying not having a baby in my ribcage and eating more that 3 bites at a time and no heartburn! Eating is obviously the first thing I can work on, as I can't exercise yet. But looking forward to some leisurely strolls at least in a few days.

Kelly - Labor & Delivery RN, IBCLC, Wife of 22 years, Mom to 4
Proud Surrogate Mommy

#4 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 PM

I can't start this for another 4 weeks. Though I have lost 24lbs so far, I have around 20 to lose to get to my PP weight and would really like to lose 30.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#5 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 03:45 PM

I have 27 pounds to lose before I get down to my pp weight... but it was a solid 150, muscle from working out in the oilfield... I am no longer doing physical labor, nor will I be (I am going to raise my son ) so now I need to figure out how much I should weigh and try to achieve a healthy schedule. I have NO idea how I will go about this, since I have never tried to manage my weight before.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#6 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Subbing

Im eager to start too... and still less than a week since birth lol

was 255 the day I went into labor

245 the next day

240 today

Loving watching the birth weight drop off... gets me really eager to get out there and get the REST of the weight off!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 04:17 PM

I'm 1 month post c-section today, so more restricted in my exercise. I have taken a walk almost every day, though, and hope to step up the intensity in a couple weeks.

I started this pregnancy about 50 pounds overweight, gained 16, and am now 11 pounds lighter than pre-pregnancy, so that feels good. I do need to focus on food, though. Sweets are also my downfall, and I'm so hungry from nursing all the time. I need to make better food choices.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#8 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 05:52 PM

I want to join!

11 days post-c/s, so still holding off on the physical stuff. I am also starving all the time due to bf both boys.

I'm finding it hard to hold off on the physical stuff, since I feel pretty good. I so want to get back to dancing tho...

Once cleared I want to do the couch 2 5k plan, some weight lifting and overall strengthening stuff. Before finding out I was pregnant with Elias, I was planning on running a 5k, then a half marathon, and taking the local police physical fitness test (it's super intense). Mind you, this was my 1yr plan. I do enjoy the trade though--Elias is totally worth pushing off that stuff to next year.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#9 of 39 Old 10-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Really starting to feel normal again at 2.5 weeks PP, so I want to join in, too. Have already dropped 28 pounds from peak pregnancy weight of 205. About 5-10 more to go to be down to pre-pregnancy weight, but would like to lose more since I was definitely carrying around a few extra pre-pregnancy. The weird thing is, my arms, legs, and rib cage are already looking a lot slimmer. It seems like I am carrying most of my weight in my circus-size nursing boobs (whoa nelly!) and my tons of loose skin.

I've been walking at least 1.5 miles every day, sometimes twice a day for about a week and a half. I am surprisingly not as hungry as I thought for nursing, but when I do eat, I have big portions.

Ami, I did the couch to 5k plan and it totally worked. I also had longer term goals, but I ran my first 5K the *day* I got pregnant with Andrew...so, yeah, that didn't work out. But my training buddies have run a 10K and half marathon since then, while I was languishing on the couch with nausea and then PUPPP. But hey, I have a baby now and they don't (not that they were trying). Na na na boo boo anyway though!

Okay y'all, let's get healthy and super svelte!

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#10 of 39 Old 10-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Oy. I need to join!

I think I'm down about 20ish? pounds from my peak preggo weight (but I can't exactly remember--I have it written down somewhere...) and need to lose about 25 more to be around my pre-preggo weight. I'd also like to get rid of the extra 30 lbs I had begun trying to lose when I got pregnant, so I'm looking at about 55-60 lbs total.

I try to walk with Ellie most days (except it's been raining a lot here recently...), probably anywhere from 2-3 miles. Eating hasn't been going too well, though, since I've been craving sweets AND its been hard to make too many healthy meals with a baby who refuses to nap on her own...

Anyway, here's to battling the baby bulge!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#11 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 02:45 PM

Posted this in the chat thread too... but it fits more here, haha:

I had my post-partum check up today, he said things are recovering nicely but give it one more week before going full on back to sex and exercise. *sigh*

And... Kelly's Grand Weight Adventure!

Pre-kids, what I feel is my healthy weight (for 5'3"): 125
Highest point in pregnancy with Emma: 183
9 months later when I got pregnant again: 147
Highest point in pregnancy this time: 192

And today at 5 weeks pp....... 154!

I'm nearly back to pre-Ozzy weight!

I still want to lose 30 more total and get back to pre-baby weight (that's the dream anyway), but I'm happy to have dropped so much so quickly. I mean in comparison-- it took 9 months to drop 36 lbs after Emma, and only 5 weeks to drop 38 lbs this time.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#12 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 03:06 PM

I started up Wii fit last night. Not doing anything strenuous of course...

weight was down to 236!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#13 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I was 138 before this pregnancy. I got up to 184. Baby is 18 days old and now I weigh 167, so 14 lbs lost. 29 to go! I bet it will take 9 months.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#14 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 05:17 PM

setting up my weight loss plan with DH right now

I have 60 pounds to lose. I am giving myself until January 2012 to lose it... which is about a pound per week.

I have set up treats for myself every 15 pounds

15 (220) - Trip to Raleigh to imax and childrens museum (Partly because I really want to go and partly to get DH who wants to go and the kids to be cheering me on so they get the prize too lol)
30 (205) - New camera
45 (190) - Chopping all of my hair off... I hate long hair and its to my shoulders now.
60 (175) - New computer!

The last three things i need and would get anyway... but refuse to let myself have until those goals.

#15 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM

I like your rewards system Maeryn! I need to figure out what mine will be. I have noticed that even though I *can* fit into some of my old pre-preg clothes again, I don't know if I want to. That seems another life ago and some stuff just needs updating. Maybe I will treat myself to some new clothes when I reach specific goals. I don't know if I have the wherewithal to wait on a haircut. I kept having to cancel my appointments before Andrew was born because I'd randomly, you know, go into labor...have a rash...all kinds of things kept popping up and I am desperate for a cut now.

Is anyone else doing a rewards system? (I guess candy rewards defeats the purpose? LOL! Halloween will be tough!)

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
#16 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 05:44 PM

DH suggested clothes.

I told him that clothes will be an ongoing thing as I lose sizes. Cant really equate sizes to pounds with my body.

Right now I assume I am a size 18... if my body goes back to how it was last time I weighed 175lbs then I will be a size 10/11 so there's a few sizes in there I would absolutely have to get new clothes at lol... but that's like a small reward thrown in with the pound loss.

#17 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 07:08 PM

I've lost all my baby weight in just 3 weeks,plus a few pounds! I'm in shock that I have since I didn't do a thing to make it happen. I guess breastfeeding does really help you lose weight.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 138 pounds,but I lost a little during that first trimester. I got up to 160 at the end and now weigh 127 pounds. My goal weight was to get down to 125-130 pounds,but I hadn't set a date to reach that goal since I'm not sure when I'll start trying to lose weight and get into shape. I'm not allowed to do much since I had a c-section.
#18 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I have set up treats for myself every 15 pounds
That is such a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
I have noticed that even though I *can* fit into some of my old pre-preg clothes again, I don't know if I want to. That seems another life ago and some stuff just needs updating.
I so know what you mean... for me it's like, since I've been pregnant/caring for baby for two years now, I'm looking at that pre-preg stuff saying yeah... this was good when I was 21 and going to the bar every night, but now I'm nearly 27 and married with two babies... I need a more practical and easy style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamitaM View Post
I've lost all my baby weight in just 3 weeks,plus a few pounds! I'm in shock that I have since I didn't do a thing to make it happen. I guess breastfeeding does really help you lose weight.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 138 pounds,but I lost a little during that first trimester. I got up to 160 at the end and now weigh 127 pounds. My goal weight was to get down to 125-130 pounds,but I hadn't set a date to reach that goal since I'm not sure when I'll start trying to lose weight and get into shape. I'm not allowed to do much since I had a c-section.
Congrats! That's fantastic!

#19 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Trying to decide if I want to buy a scale. Will it motivate me or distract me?

#20 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Ami, I did the couch to 5k plan and it totally worked. I also had longer term goals, but I ran my first 5K the *day* I got pregnant with Andrew...so, yeah, that didn't work out. But my training buddies have run a 10K and half marathon since then, while I was languishing on the couch with nausea and then PUPPP. But hey, I have a baby now and they don't (not that they were trying). Na na na boo boo anyway though!

Okay y'all, let's get healthy and super svelte!
I've done that plan 2 times before. Once to lose a bunch of weight pre-marriage (then got knocked up with Joseph), and once last November to train for a 5k in April of this year (then got knocked up with Elias), and now soon I will start it again. I can't wait to be able to run again--I need that physical high.

The only slip up I fear is that each time I actually get into the groove of exercise/losing weight, I get knocked up. Happened 3 times so far. Hopefully next go around I will be able to actually be at a healthy weight before getting knocked up--faaaaarrrrr into the future. Oh, I'd also like a few months after hitting goal to actually, you know ENJOY my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Posted this in the chat thread too... but it fits more here, haha:

I had my post-partum check up today, he said things are recovering nicely but give it one more week before going full on back to sex and exercise. *sigh*
I'm nearly back to pre-Ozzy weight!
Congrats!! It's so exciting to be so close to pre-baby weight, isn't it?

As for me, my impatience is showing. I'm only 15 days out, but I want to get back to 'normal'. I want to go exercising, I am actually missing being intimate with dh (way too soon, I know!!!), I want to go out and find some playgroups and mama playgroups. I've already decided I want to do some belly dancing soon. Just need to find a group. And dh already told me of a place that does free salsa dance lessons, so I want to go to those with him. I already know how to salsa, dh just needs to learn, and then I want to go dancing!!! My SPD made physical movement darn near impossible, so now that it's no longer here, I feel like I'm bursting at the seams with 9 months worth of suppressed physical movement!

Come to think of it, do you think I could bellydance while having Elias in the moby? Can you imagine the site of that--a baby wearing, breastfeeding, bellydancing mama?

Quote:
Is anyone else doing a rewards system? (I guess candy rewards defeats the purpose? LOL! Halloween will be tough!)
I'm thinking of it. Mmmm, candy. Actually, I think Elias might be sensitive to caffeine, which rules out chocolate. Each time I've eaten it, he's screamed for hours. And if it's not chocolate, it doesn't deserve to be called candy.

I think my rewards might be more meeting my 'challenges'. I've never run a 5k, so being able to do one will be awesome. The police physical test is intense too. Dh went through it, and it's basically a 1.5 mile run, followed by clearing 2 6ft fences with no running start (one chain, one solid wood) and running a yard after clearing them, dragging a 165lb dummy 500 ft, an obstacle course, and then a 500 yard dash. Back to back. I think, if I can not only complete that, but complete it with passing grade (see my perfectionistic side?), will be awesome in itself. And then I want to be able to do one marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamitaM View Post
Congrats!!! That's awesome!!! Now you just need to focus on getting your ab strength back, something I need to do post this c/s too. It can be done! I remember working with a trainer last year (around 18mos post c/s) and he was amazed at my ab strength--all thanks to babywearing!

Quote:
I so know what you mean... for me it's like, since I've been pregnant/caring for baby for two years now, I'm looking at that pre-preg stuff saying yeah... this was good when I was 21 and going to the bar every night, but now I'm nearly 27 and married with two babies... I need a more practical and easy style.
I totally feel this way too. I have a small amount of pre-baby clothes set aside, for the magical day when I will fit back into them. And while they are cute clothes, totally not practical for babies. For example, bf in a halter top is kinda hard.

I'm finding that my questions on clothes is more geared towards--how easy are stains to get out, can it last multiple washes without fading, can I run at full speed/climb something in it, and can I bf in that? Only if it meets certain criteria will it come home with me.

Of course, the other sad downfall has been shoes. Oh, I loved high heels pre-babies. All my shoes had heels, and not low ones either. Have you tried running after a toddler in heels? I don't know if I just have a super fast toddler, but I need sneakers just to keep pace. Oh, and babywearing while wearing heels feels so unsafe it's not even funny! It's been nearly 4 years since I wore most of my shoes. Still keep them though

As far as the weight loss is concerned, I'm dropping it nicely. The key seems to be hydration. As long as I keep my water intake up, it comes off effortlessly. If I skimp on water, nothing moves.

Top pregnancy weight--235
Today-- 209.5
Pre-Elias weight--200
Pre-Stephen weight--190
and the kicker--pre-Joseph weight--165

Goal weight--anywhere from 130-140, and I'm 5'3.

Not getting into sizes, since it seems to take a while for the swelling in my belly to go down. Seems like it takes a while for things to settle in and go back where they belong.

Amazingly enough, I have lost more weight than I did after Stephen was born. I gained around the same amount with Stephen (38lbs) but only lost 21lbs with him, at 1yr pp.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#21 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Trying to decide if I want to buy a scale. Will it motivate me or distract me?
I bought one that does not only my weight but, if my feet are wet, will actually tell me the fat percentage in my body. I stopped using the fat percentage part after a week. It was depressing.

However, I found that stepping on the scale every morning (right after my morning potty break and before hopping in the shower) keeps me motivated. Either I see that I am still fat and get mad and want to lose it... or I see that I am losing it and it motivates me to keep doing it.

The Wii fit will do this for me and keep a graph of where my weight and BMI are at any given moment.

However, seeing you arent losing could possibly make you depressed and want to eat an entire chocolate cake yourself... or seeing you are losing could make you think oh... im doing good I should treat myself... with an entire chocolate cake!

both of those are destructive thoughts. If you think you fall into either category I would suggest not watching the weight daily or even weekly.

#22 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
However, I found that stepping on the scale every morning (right after my morning potty break and before hopping in the shower) keeps me motivated. Either I see that I am still fat and get mad and want to lose it... or I see that I am losing it and it motivates me to keep doing it.
This is what I do, too. I actually find that my weight creeps up if I don't weigh myself regularly...it's like my own little form of denial.

I've been weighing myself regularly (trying for daily, but sometimes I'm in a rush and it doesn't happen, or I get in a kick of not weighing myself) for years now and I haven't had any negative effects. No food issues, body issues, etc. I find it very empowering when I can see my progress, or find the daily motivation to improve/keep working.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#23 of 39 Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby~Braatens~Mama View Post
I have 27 pounds to lose before I get down to my pp weight... but it was a solid 150, muscle from working out in the oilfield... I am no longer doing physical labor, nor will I be (I am going to raise my son ) so now I need to figure out how much I should weigh and try to achieve a healthy schedule. I have NO idea how I will go about this, since I have never tried to manage my weight before.
I was strong before my first, too. My body just slid back into shape a little at a time...I didn't have to work on it. By 7 months pp, I was under pre-pg weight. (And was probably actually a little too thin.) I think it might have been my barracuda nurser...

This time (baby 4), I hit 205 (typical for me), and am now at 175. I'd like to loose another 30 pounds at least, maybe 40. 135 is pushing it for me, though...I'm 5'8" and have "heavy" bones. When I was training and running in high school, I was 150. I remember another girl (non-athletic, but small frame) saying, "YOU weigh 150? I weigh 100." She was shocked that I weighed "that much", but looked like I did. But, I no longer carry that kind of muscle...too bad.

As soon as I hit the 6 week mark, I am going to start weight lifting and maybe running again. I have a little problem, though. My toe (you know, the one I broke) doesn't appreciate shoes. I've just tried to switch to real shoes from sandles and my toe HURTS.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#24 of 39 Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Maybe I will treat myself to some new clothes when I reach specific goals.
One thing I did treat myself with after DD2 was a fabulous-fitting pair of jeans that I never would splurge for otherwise! I got down to a size I hadn't seen in years, and my various sized jeans all were too big. It was a great reward--and now it is great motivation to get there again!

Scale--Nope, don't own one. I have body image issues, so I get into loops of those negative thought patterns Mae mentioned.

Getting the itch--YES. OH how I want to get back to my fitness yoga class. ahhh.... and I saw 2 moms walking after they dropped their kiddos off after preschool yesterday. I wanted to climb out of the car and tag along! But I'm still having some bleeding, so I should hold off

Just1More--I am like you; I barely am 5'6" but am "heavy boned" and really have to work at getting under 140. At this point in my life I really don't have the desire it takes! not when I can be lean,in shape and healthy 10lbs heavier. No one ever believes I weigh what I do though.

STATS:
Pre-pg low weight: 137lbs (last spring before TTC)
Starting weight: 148lbs
High weight: 180lbs
Weight @ 8 days pp: 155lbs
Goal weight: 140-145lbs

I won't get on a scale till my 6w appointment, probably, which is on the 27th. So I will check in then. I'm hoping to be down at least 5 more lbs, but with DD2 I lost nothing from 2w-6w pp...

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#25 of 39 Old 10-09-2010, 11:08 AM

Well, I bought a scale. Just a cheapo $7 from Walmart. It says I am exactly 150 this morning.

So, YAY I'm only 3 lbs up from where I was pre-Ozzy... and 25 lbs up from where I was pre-Emma, rotfl.

I really would like to get down to 125 again. I've weighed less in my life-- 115 at times-- but that was when I wasn't at my healthiest... I think 125 is a healthy and good-looking weight for my height and shape.

So, I brought it up to my husband this morning that I was going to drop 25 lbs. He's such a sweetie-- "you're already looking great, if you don't get all the way back to where you were before Emma it's okay"-- but I said I wanted to do something like reward myself every 10 pounds. He asked "with what" and I haven't figured it out yet.

But I may treat myself to splurge and buy something I've been wanting (I haven't bought anything for myself in ages) at 145, 135, and 125.

Now I just have to figure out what. Hmmm.

#26 of 39 Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
The most frustrating thing for me is the mismatch between the size of my stomach and everything else. My stomach is a full size bigger than my butt and legs, which makes wearing pants hard. I would be fine losing slowly if my stomach didn't bulge. But it does, so I am motivated to start using the "Lose It" app on my iPhone, which worked really well last time. I lost 50 lbs in about 6 months.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#27 of 39 Old 10-09-2010, 07:30 PM

delete

Mommy to Little Girl, Age 3. Baby Boy, Age 8 months.  caffix.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#28 of 39 Old 10-09-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
The most frustrating thing for me is the mismatch between the size of my stomach and everything else. My stomach is a full size bigger than my butt and legs, which makes wearing pants hard.
That! It does seem to be getting better, but it's still obvious enough.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#29 of 39 Old 10-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Wii fit says I am down 4.17 lbs in 4 days... which I suppose is largely in part to breastfeeding + still getting rid of the inital pregnancy weight but still...

plus I gained 18 coins =D (which translates into 18 minutes of workout)

I havent tried any of the strength things... and I avoid the running one... and yoga for now. Ill do yoga on school days when the kids arent around so I can relax during it. Dont figure its too helpful when Im yelling at the kids mid-pose to get off the wii board.

Oh... I did the hula hoop thing... that got me sweating! wow. More workout than I thought it would be.

Im going to aim for 30+ coins per day as I get more into it... but for now I was just trying to burn off some steam and a sudden craving for less-than-healthy fruit.

#30 of 39 Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM

I've been feeling normal since about day 2 pp and have been going about as normal which is sadly very low activity level. Now I'm 11 days pp and wanting to get a little more activity. I don't want to push myself too much too soon, but I want to start some activity before i get in the rut of not doing anything either.. I'm super lazy and have to be motivated to do any exercise. I'm down almost 30 lbs pp with my max weight being 230 and was 202 Thursday at a doc appt but have gained since i think. I was 170 pre preg and had only ever lost 10 lbs from dd when i maxed out at 180.

anyway, I want to get down to at LEAST 170 again if not more to 150 (ideal). I think i want to take it 10 or 20 lbs at a time. and just keep upping the goals not set one huge one at the beginning. so all in all i want to lose about 50 lbs.

I'm having a hard time finding a way to do anything.. i want to start with walking since i'm so out of shape and we can easily put Trystan in a stroller, but dd who is 4 wont stay with us.. i dont trust our neighborhood so i wont walk without DF and there aren't many other places to go.

ETA: one thing i do want to start doing is hula hoop.. A lady from DD's ddc got a weighted one and lost her belly in no time doing it daily. I want to start with a basic kids one until i get the hang of it again. and then work on getting a weighted one.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page