Ouch!! Diaper rash!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apparently DS2 (2 weeks) has really sensitive skin!! He also has a tendency to poo without making noise (well, only some of the time). He has a red, tender bottom! I have just switched to using only warm water and sometimes a mild baby soap to clean. I have also tried having him sleep with bottom in the buff, but it is hard to have his bum in the air because he's often sleeping on someone! I'm also not sure whether Desitin is really helping or not. Any success stories/natural remedies/ etc. to get rid of a bad diaper rash?

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 02:38 PM

have to be quick..baby in arms...

Desitin never worked for me. Through five babies now, the best has been Triple Paste. Give baby a bath, rinse area with water and gentle soap, then pat dry. Put on a generous coating of Triple Paste, and keep using it at every diaper change until rash goes away.

I've seen some BAD rashes go away in less than a day.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#3 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 02:38 PM

My super favoritest thing in the world is Miracle Salve Plus I used it on Reya; and I've never seen anything else work so well in my LIFE. I give it out as a baby shower gift with every new baby I know and everyone I have passed it out to raves!

I hit about 37wks and got a new shipment of MS in the mail and Reya told me "We've got the miracle salve, we can have the baby now!" It played that big of a role in her little life lol! (I'm also a big fan of their Arnica oil for bumps. DD is 1/2 blind and was constantly running into things, we used it a lot!)

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#4 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 10:54 PM

Not very natural but I had good luck with Boudreux's (sp?) Butt Paste when DD had a red, tender rash. Usually, though, she tended towards yeasty rashes instead, in which case clotrimizole (Lotrimin) worked very quickly.

And it is tough to do especially as weather gets colder but lots of nekkie time. You can also try drying the diaper area with a hair dryer on low setting after washing him and before putting on the diaper cream and new diaper.

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#5 of 10 Old 10-08-2010, 10:01 AM

bordoux butt paste makes a 'natural' version now - we've been using that overnight and northern essences diaper rash salve (tea tree/lavender FREE version) - DD had a horrible rash but this fixed it as long as i keep up with it every diaper change

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#6 of 10 Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 AM

My absolute favorite for stubborn rashes is Resinol, but it would wreak havoc on cloth dipes--it stained a pair of my pants when one of the girls rubbed up against them!

Stacy, where did you get the Northern Essences? I have been using Aveeno, but it's not doing anything.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#7 of 10 Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
Stacy, where did you get the Northern Essences? I have been using Aveeno, but it's not doing anything.
you have to order it online. http://www.northernessence.com/catal...e=1&category=5

they have several other products that are equally awesome..i looove the better butt(er) cream, baby butter, and baby sudz ..

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#8 of 10 Old 10-08-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdtm99 View Post
you have to order it online. http://www.northernessence.com/catal...e=1&category=5

they have several other products that are equally awesome..i looove the better butt(er) cream, baby butter, and baby sudz ..
Thanks! And sorry about the misspelling of your name...I was nak

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#9 of 10 Old 10-09-2010, 07:51 PM

I second the Triple Paste! Works so quickly.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#10 of 10 Old 10-09-2010, 09:47 PM

We just slowly, but surely cured a nasty diaper rash with Burt's Bees Diaper ointment. We only use products that are safe for cloth diapers and have always used Burt's for that reason.

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page