Crappy morning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slept in which is NOT cool because we are very busy in the mornings getting my husband off to work. So I didn't have time to shower. I didn't put the cap on Em's milk sippy cup tightly enough for breakfast, so she got it off and dumped milk all over the floor and herself. Of course it's freezing cold and I nver put the laundry in the dryer last night so she has no long pants and she is in these weird jeans that I never put her in because they don't fit right. She apparently doesn't like them either, she gets them off when I'm not looking, along with diaper, and poops on the floor. In the meantime, Jason is calling me every five seconds because he got lost on the way to the job (he does painting and is constantly going to different houses) wanting me to look up directions for him and it's like... I'm kinda busy here. Ozzy has not wanted to nap AT ALL and is up fussing all morning. Emma usually goes down for a nap at 9 am... here it is 11:30, she STILL has not napped. I have tried FOUR TIMES to get her down (which is usually just going into her room and rocking her in the glider for 10 minutes or so, then laying her on the bed) while Ozzy hangs out in the swing or sleeps, but no, not this morning because Ozzy has decided that he HATES the swing and that he doesn't want to sleep. So every time I was trying to get Em down, about five minutes in when she is just starting to close her eyes, he starts screaming, she snaps back awake, I have to go pick him up and soothe him back down, he wants to nurse-spit up-nurse-spit up-nurse-spit up all morning. Of course I didn't properly close the baby gate behind me when I went to get him out of the swing (the swing is behind the gate to my office area so that Em can't mess with him in there) and so Em gets the gate open and goes in and gets the sidewalk chalk, and colors all over the wall in the office. We were supposed to go to a playgroup at the park at 10:30. THAT didn't happen. I'm so frustrated I could cry. Both babies still awake and fussy. Trying to nurse Ozzy down so that I can get Emma to finally nap. *SIGH*

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Some days.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Take them both, lie down in the bed, nurse O and snuggle Em (I taught my older one to snuggle me--spooning with her behind me) and take a family nap. Those days suck. I remember all too well...

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM

Yep, that's no fun...some days, especially when my first two were tiny, I would feel like I was going to explode.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#5 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 PM

Hope your day got better and that tomorrow goes better.

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#6 of 7 Old 10-08-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post
Take them both, lie down in the bed, nurse O and snuggle Em (I taught my older one to snuggle me--spooning with her behind me) and take a family nap. Those days suck. I remember all too well...
My only survival in these first few weeks, with both DS and this babe, were teaching the older one how to spoon and family nap with a side-lying babe. DD1 did this with me when DS was born, and now DS does with me and DD2. Mine were older, both 3, when baby came along, but both needed naps still a few times a week. Family nap times has saved us all!! Me mostly!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#7 of 7 Old 10-08-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys... hopefully today will be better, haha.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page