Still crazy after all these months... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2010, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, well, I haven't regained my pre-pregnant brain yet and I wonder if there's any hope for me.

I keep accidentally calling our son "Mollybear" when cooing at him. Molly is our dog. She has been my BFF for 10 years so I can only assume I am associating that feeling of "beloved one" in my brain when I am talking to my son. I now understand why my mom goes through all my bros and sister's name before she gets to me, the baby...30 years later.

Anyone else still crazy?

Mary, proud to be a mama to Andrew (9/14/10) and Caroline (7/27/13) and wife to Matt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2010, 11:07 PM

...I catch myself starting to call my LO Lady Lane, my dogs name! How funny!

I hear that the craziness doesn't ever really end.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:53 PM

lol DH has already started with DS...DD1...Mae when talking to her. It does not help that all three start with Ma...

I call DS and DD1 by my little brother and sisters names and they are 5 and 7 (and brother and sister are nearly 18 and 20!)

My mom is the worst... lol... but then she has five kids... 2 Ms and 3 Ks so I would often get called Ke...Kir....Ky...M----!!!!!

She took to referring to us as "your brother" or "your sister" in conversations to avoid confusing us by saying "M---- was whining about her homework" "uh mom, M---- graduated almost 10 years ago..." "I meant Kir----" but then I have to have her clarify because while its fine to tell most of the others "Your brother.." or "your sister..." because they only have the other 4... myself and the one brother just under me have a whole other family... equaling over 20 siblings (mostly brothers... thanks, dad) so Im good with her saying "Your sister..." (if its high school related, its the 18 year old. if its child related, its the 38 year old... mom does talk about those siblings with me as she knows them all too) but "your brother..." almost always requires clarification.

I hated High School... I would always get called my brothers names.

And apparently I made quite an impact on two of my teachers as they both call my little sister my name. She is 10 years younger than me, graduating 10 years after me, we do not look similar (older sister, me, little sister... 10 years between each), sound similar or even have the same last name... the mere knowledge that we are related have them calling her by my name lol.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:59 PM

Still crazy? Uh...YEAH. Eight, almost NINE, years later.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 10-10-2010, 10:43 AM

yeah even before having this one I mixed up their names and call my DD by my sister's name.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
Old 10-10-2010, 11:14 AM

It gets better but I don't think I'll ever be as "sharp" as I was before I had kids. I now understand what people mean when they say you "give birth to your brain."

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I feel normal again at 8 months pp each time. Be patient.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 10-10-2010, 05:29 PM

I've definitely called Ellie by my dog's name several times...and will sometimes tell her she's being such a good boy, since I'm so used to telling him that!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:05 PM

if the name slip ups mean we're crazy then ..it never goes away.

after my other 2 kids were born i did start to feel ebtter and more on top of things at tsome point.. but not this soon..

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif

User Tag List