what are you eating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

so, 3 wks out and i need more food, but can't put the baby down. tonight i was feeling off and realized i needed fat, of all things. dh made a milkshake and that made me feel better.

suggestions? i get 2min every now and then...maybe. longer and baby is hysterical and super stressed when i get her back. and so is dh...can't stand holding a screaming baby...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#2 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 11:33 PM

Not enough. I fed the freezer and that worked out well, but now it's empty. I've been doing alright with dinners, but lunch has been a total nightmare. Today I had a bowl of cereal, a grilled cheese sandwich, and a grilled chicken sandwich. No fruit, no veggies, It's bad here. I'm hoping to hit the grocery store Friday and try to re-feed the freezer this weekend.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#3 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 11:48 PM

Not enough here either. Gosh... I could eat two plates of the pasta we had for dinner and STILL be hungry.

Ive been big on oatmeal though. I dont know if its subconscious because Im nursing or what but man, I am ALL about the oatmeal.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 09:13 AM

Granola bars and turkey sandwiches.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#5 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Same problem here, only worse! I've eliminated dairy and soy, and that leaves...NOT MUCH to eat!! Lunches are definitely a challenge! I'm down to sandwiches, and nothing to go with it! Apples and peanut butter are a good snack, but have been trying to get to store for ages...

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#6 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 01:09 PM

NAK

Trader Joe's frozen mandarin orange chicken, frozen green beans and frozen pre-cooked brown rice. I also have yogurt, Luna Bars, trail mix and cheese sandwiches. Not enough fruits and veggies!

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#7 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 02:55 PM

Lots of protein! Lots of oatmeal! I also love granola and yogurt. Snacking on nuts and dried fruits. Granola bars.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#8 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Lots of cereal and sandwiches for lunch. I've actually been back in the swing of making dinner, although it's been really simple stuff so far. I'm in the habit of skipping breakfast altogether and giving my toddler a pop tart or some other totally non-MDC approved thing. It takes all the energy I have before 10 am just to open a package and pour a sippy cup of milk for him.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#9 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so I think I've got it. She's always sleepy and content in the mornings, so I can make breakfast. I need to make myself eat eggs, and a large breakfast. I'm too tired to be hungry, though, so it's hard to do. Then, I need to fill the crockpots with enough of something for supper and lunch the next day. So, after supper, I think I can nurse one-handed and put the leftovers in a pyrex thing and put it in the fridge. I can just put that in the oven the next day for lunch. And I have to make myself eat it. I want really yummy time-consuming things...like quesadillas on homemade tortillas. Yum.

We talked today, and on the weekends when dh can help, I can cook something interesting. I LIKE to cook. And I LIKE to eat. Someday...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#10 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 PM

I'm splurging on the expensive pre-washed fancy organic spring greens. I get a bin of those, a bag of walnuts, some grated parmesan, some Newman's Own dressing, and there you go--anytime I need one, I'm 2 minutes away from a salad.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#11 of 12 Old 10-14-2010, 06:31 PM

I've been buying the huge pack oforganic chiken almost every week. I get dh to season bbq the whole pack, and then slice the breasts into thin pieces and some go to the fridge and the rest to the freezer. Always have tortillas and salad ingeadients on hand and at the rare moments Elias is happy with being attached to me I ensure veg (peppers, cukes, avacado etc)
are cut up. Easy to put together chicken salads or wraps have been my staple. I also try to have my guys' safe foods prepped as well.
Porcelina...I am also dairy and soy free and it can be so hard. Daiya vegan cheese is divine if you are missing cheese.
I have had to accept the fact that having a screaming babe set down is going to happen some times b/c A) my other children ohave needs that sometimes require me not holding the baby and B)sometimes I have needs too
I always try to talk to Elias in these moments so I am somewhat responding to the best of my ability.
The times are challenging but short lived. I try to look at the positive. If he was an easy going baby it would be very easy to set him down a lot to tend to the house and older two. He doesn't let me get away with that and I won't have to worry about looking back and feeling like I missed out on the cuddles.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#12 of 12 Old 10-16-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae View Post
Granola bars and turkey sandwiches.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page