Mothering Forum banner

Anyone DTD yet?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  etsdtm99 
#1 ·
Did this evening for the first time and it actually worked. So much better than after Em's birth.

So, yay

See less See more
#4 ·
Yup! Friday night was our first pp and it wasn't.bad.at.all!

It did sting a little at first, but then YaY! A whole month without and the last three months of awkward, I think we deserved to DTD and have it work so well!

#5 ·
Twice.. The first time was 20 days out, and even today at 25 I'm still pretty tender. (Not tender enough to stop me though!) I had a second degree tear and a lot of stitches so easy going wins the race I guess.

#6 ·
We did on Saturday. I had no tears and an easy birth, so it was fine - so much easier than after DS1. But, DH kept hitting my cervix - yuck! I guess that's not back to its usual spot, because even though he's well endowed that's not normally a problem. I hate that feeling.

#8 ·
I wish!

DD pretty much doesn't sleep, so finding hands-free time has been a challenge. We attempted to yesterday, as she stayed asleep in her bouncy chair after DH was holding her, but she woke up before we could seal the deal. However, it wasn't a *total* loss for me, at least, if you know what I mean...

#10 ·
A few days shy of 5wks here, too, and I'm still spotting.
Too bad, too, because dd is an excellent early-evening sleeper most nights, I'm interested, and dh could be convinced. Ah well...now watch, I'll finally be ready and she'll go through a non-sleeping fussy phase!

#11 ·
We DTD for the first time at 3w PP and have a few times since then, it seriously felt like the very first time all over again
"like a virgin!"
LOL
But I didn't even have a vaginal birth so it makes no sense! Its gotten a lot better and we've had to actually use lube for the first time!
Glad to see everyones feeling better

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by steph66 View Post
We DTD for the first time at 3w PP and have a few times since then, it seriously felt like the very first time all over again
"like a virgin!"
LOL
But I didn't even have a vaginal birth so it makes no sense! Its gotten a lot better and we've had to actually use lube for the first time!

Yes that! DH was convinced that having a baby was going to wreck my vagina
(The ex wife had sections lol)

#14 ·
Still spotting here. So no fun time yet.

My bleeding is much better this time around than after DD#1's birth, and I've really been taking it easy so I can recover well, but it looks like I'm just one of those gals that needs some time for that cervix to close. I also had a 2nd degree tear so maybe it's for the best to spend a little extra time for that to heal well.

I really hope I feel as good as I did after my first birth. For whatever reason, sex felt BETTER after giving birth than it did before. I hope that trend continues!!

#15 ·
Have a few times. I spot for at least 6 weeks, but at 5.5, I had not for a few days, so did it. Some spotting afterward each time, but no big deal. A little sensitive where I had stitches.

#16 ·
Ok I'm really wanting some, but since the spotting came back again, ds is never not in arms, and I've gotten a cyst in my vagina its not really working for me yet. Apparently my cyst is a randomly occuring inclusion cyst, and it feels a little raw. I'm hoping it goes away, but from what I understand sometimes they don't. I just have to find the time to do some epsom salt soaks and hopefully I'll be getting there soon.

#17 ·
Quote:

"like a virgin!"
LOL

I had the same experience! I had a section and it was tight! I can't explain that one.
It was great, though. We acted like bunnies for a few days and now I'm too tired to think about it.

#18 ·
Quote:

"like a virgin!"
LOL

Totally the same here! I pictured our 'first' time after baby to be all intimate and stuff and sensual, yeah, NOT AT ALL!!!! I think I may cough some of it up to the condom, I've never been a fan of those, and lube, yes, we had to bust that out, and I find that gross too. I can't wait for my IUD!

How long for those who have had this and it went away? Looking forward to that! Maybe I should have filled that codine prescription! lol! (just kidding btw)
!

#20 ·
We attempted this weekend, even though I was feeling really nervous about my tear/stitches. I felt some stinging, tensed up, and then Baby Andrew woke up from his nap. So Andrew was crying, I was wincing, and I think my DH wanted to cry! We're 6 w PP here. Maybe soon, but need the fear to subside more. Who else had a bad tear and are you feeling afraid about re-injury?

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post
We attempted this weekend, even though I was feeling really nervous about my tear/stitches. I felt some stinging, tensed up, and then Baby Andrew woke up from his nap. So Andrew was crying, I was wincing, and I think my DH wanted to cry! We're 6 w PP here. Maybe soon, but need the fear to subside more. Who else had a bad tear and are you feeling afraid about re-injury?
With my first, we didn't "succeed" until 3 months pp, although we were "trying" from like 6 weeks.

Totally normal to be afraid because of tears. Although counterproductive, because, as you saw, it will make you tense.

The best thing is to give yourself lots of time and lots of lubrication (artificial if you need to, which I did with my first-- breastfeeding hormones can get ya that way). That will help prevent any re-injury, which if you're 6 weeks pp you probably don't have anything to worry about anyway... it's just like the first pp poop, though, you get all nervous and tense which probably makes it even more difficult, rotfl, but then once it's over it's suddenly easy and not bad.

Yeah, I know-- hard to have "lots of time" with a baby...

It'll happen, though

#22 ·
I had a very bad tear with our first, and this tear was close to that. I second what others have said...lube is good. Plus, if baby wakes up or things aren't going well, don't be afraid to stop and try again another day. I think sometimes the pressure to get it done, and done fast (if baby is waking) makes it more uncomfortable than anything.

#23 ·
i had a bad tear (well 3 of them) this time and with my first(not my 2nd though, just a small episiotomy with him) - i was really nervous this time because i'd never had a tear on the side/front before.. we dtd at just over 5 weeks and i could barely tell anything was different .. the main things i noticed were the lack of the big belly and how much bigger i am than i was pre-pg .. i don't know if i'm just weird or what but ive never had any pain related to my stitches once they healed at 3-4 weeks pp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.