Mothering Forum banner

baby smiles

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  pacifica 
#1 ·
My baby was born in the beginning of September, so he's on the older side for this group... but he's smiling all over the place. A few last week (he was 6 weeks on Thursday) and then last night he smiled just about every time he was awake. Several more today. I looove to see the little guy look... and then smile so big! He's my 6th baby and this stuff never gets old.

Anybody else seeing the first awake smiles yet?

See less See more
#2 ·
We've been seeing them for four or five days here... still trying to catch a good one on camera. I had forgotten what a great feeling that is. He looks completely different when he smiles. And I love it that the best smiles are reserved for his big sister!

#3 ·
I'm loving the smiles as well! He had his first "real" smile last Tuesday, and gives out one or two a day (still pretty selfish with them). There is no better feeling in the WORLD then when he looks at me and smiles, except maybe when he looks at his daddy and smiles

#4 ·
for some unknown reason that I won't argue with
, dd has started smiling early. I know this sounds crazy, but she started those wide, hammy, gummy, social grins at 3 weeks old! Could it be because she was late? None of my other kids have done this-- but it's definitely wonderful.
Now I love trying to get her to smile several times a day--since turning 4 weeks old, I can get her to light up pretty reliably. Highlight of my days, for sure.

#5 ·
Awww, yes! We are getting the giant, real social smiles now too (6 weeks). He's been at it for a few days as well, and he does break out into massive smiles for his big brother. I'm also starting to finally get some gurgles.

#6 ·
Isla had her first real smile this morning right after she finished nursing- so cute! She's had others in her sleep or half smiles during nursing before but this one was really real. I smiled at her andtalked to her and she did it back for several seconds.

#7 ·
E's on the older side of this DDC (7.5 weeks tomorrow!) and she's been smiling reliably for about 1.5 weeks. She did give me one of those huge smiles when she was about 5 weeks, but then I think she decided it was too much, too soon!

However, she is pretty stingy with her smiles and won't smile for the camera; instead, she gets very serious looking whenever I bust it out...

#8 ·
Nak

Baby P is 4 weeks old and she has been giving us big goofy smiles for almost a week now. At first it seemed really early, but she stares at us and smiles. She smiles when we sing to her to when daddy gobbles up her hand. Its SO cute, makes my day every time

#9 ·
Ozzy's not much of a smiler yet.

He did his first awake smiles fairly early, 4-5 weeks. But he doesn't smile often. He's more an intense-looking-around-with-furrowed-brow guy.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Ozzy's not much of a smiler yet.

He did his first awake smiles fairly early, 4-5 weeks. But he doesn't smile often. He's more an intense-looking-around-with-furrowed-brow guy.
Lila too! She takes her daddy's angry eyes with her everywhere. It's soo funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.